Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Twilight Sparkle

RainbowDashCool

Applejack VS Twilight Sparkle  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the fight

• Applejack
    • Twilight Sparkle

It's a fair match up because in some people's headcanons, Applejack is stronger/smart/luckier/etc. than in yours and Twilight is weaker/dumber/unluckier/etc. than in yours.

Hmm... That makes sense. But I prefer to go by actual canon rather than headcanons.

you sir want to ignore everything about pinkie aside from throwing parties because you wish to. altering her falling path has happened on more than one occasion establishing it as a know pinkie pie power. and that's not even taking about the pinkie sense that's been in at least 2 episodes one of witch centered on it. and would be handy in a fight.

Fine then, I'll play your game and assume that these abilities aren't just jokes. Then Pinkie Pie is an absolute idiot for not stopping herself while she was falling in Wonderbolts Academy and for not just sensing the rock slide in Maud Pie

Even if she had these abilities, she can't use them correctly 

(edited)

Her feats are mostly gags, if she were really that good, she could just fly whenever she wanted to. She is inconsistent in that a rock slide of all things scared her

You know what I say to that? Bull shit, you cannot give Twilight Sparkle all the power and advantages and refuse to allow anything fo the rest. I'm sorry but your arguements are making Twilight out to be a Mary Sue and you're completely gimping Pinkie Pie.

You have have unreasonable and unyeilding,your biases are clear for all to see.

Yes, Twilight is powerful and yes she has access to both magic and flying but first and formost she is a bookworm. She spend most of her time reading books, and is new at flying. Even as an alicorn she has I feel has gained little suggest that she has gained much it any powerboost.

She is not as strong or tough as Applejack, she is not as fadt or skilled at flying (nor can she create a sonic rainboom, it being confirmex by staff that feat of hets at the beginning of season 4 was different), she would for a fact had lost every one of her battles without the aid of her friends, and she cannot do even half of what Pinki Pie can.

Sh is not an unbeatable, invincible powerhouse, nor is she so intelligent she cannot be out smarted or tricked.

Stop gimping the other chatacyers so as to keep Twilight on top!

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

You know what I say to that? Bull shit, you cannot give Twilight Sparkle all the power and advantages and refuse to allow anything fo the rest. I'm sorry but your arguements are making Twilight out to be a Mary Sue and you're completely gimping Pinkie Pie.

I already said what would happen even if Pinkie's feats were legit. Then she is a fool for not using them correctly

You have have unreasonable and unyeilding,ypu biases are clear for all to see.

I don't give up

She is not as strong or tough as Applejack

I never said she was

she is not as fadt or skilled at flying (nor can she create a sonic rainboom, it being confirmex by staff that feat of hets at the beginning of season 4 was different)

I never said she could

she would for a fact had lost every one of her battles without the aid of her friend

So would have her friends

and she cannot do even half of what Pinki Pie can

But she can use it far more effectively

Sh is not an unbeatable, invincible powerhouse, nor is she so intelligent she cannot be out smarted or tricked.

Never implied that either

Stop gimping the other chatacyers so as to keep Twilight on top!

Twilight is always on top ;) 

But in all seriousness, as the main character of the show, it makes sense that she's the most powerful 

Fine then, I'll play your game and assume that these abilities aren't just jokes. Then Pinkie Pie is an absolute idiot for not stopping herself while she was falling in Wonderbolts Academy and for not just sensing the rock slide in Maud Pie Even if she had these abilities, she can't use them correctly

first her ability to change her "flight path" is limited at best. and on that land slide your talking about she had her hoof stuck or did you forget that. being able to sence things before thay fall is kind of useless if you cant move out of the way. as seen in the show she could alter her path falling from a hight that wasn't that great perhaps no more than she could stand falling normally the point I was tying to make is she dose have the ability to use some of the "random joke powers" in use full ways.

first her ability to change her "flight path" is limited at best. and on that land slide your talking about she had her hoof stuck or did you forget that. being able to sence things before thay fall is kind of useless if you cant move out of the way. as seen in the show she could alter her path falling from a hight that wasn't that great perhaps no more than she could stand falling normally the point I was tying to make is she dose have the ability to use some of the "random joke powers" in use full ways.

Okay then, different direction. The mirror pool clones of Pinkie had all the same abilities, Twilight effortlessly got rid of them

Okay then, different direction. The mirror pool clones of Pinkie had all the same abilities, Twilight effortlessly got rid of them

mostly mindless clones that were just sitting around waiting to be zapped by a spell designed to beat them.

my issue is not that twilight would win or not but you disregarding what little is consistent about Pinkie. pinkie would not be an element bearer if she was as useless as you claim she is.

(edited)

I already said what would happen even if Pinkie's feats were legit. Then she is a fool for not using them correctly

I don't give up

I never said she was

I never said she could

So would have her friends

But she can use it far more effectively

Never implied that either

Twilight is always on top ;)

But in all seriousness, as the main character of the show, it makes sense that she's the most powerful

I apologize for all the errors, I am using a phone with a cracked/spiderwebbed screen which makes this debate/arguement more difficult.

This is Pinkie Pie we are talking about, how does it mak any sense she would use her abilities effectively or in a logical way. The fact remains though she has done plenty of things that even if used a little bit give her an edge. She has done things other characters visually and verbally bring to attention, showing they actually happened.

On your arguement of her being the main character and thus must win I counter that by willing participating in a death battle with one of her friends would negate this 'guarantee'. The idea that 'a hero always wins' apllies to villians not allies, also not if what the hero is doing can ve called unheroic.

Because the Pinkies were not using any of those abilities and were just sitting there if they even could use them. At the very least to the extent the real Pinkie can. Edited by EquestrianScholar

Twilight is always on top But in all seriousness, as the main character of the show, it makes sense that she's the most powerful

she was the main in season 1 and 2 that changed by the time she got her wings.

mostly mindless clones that were just sitting around waiting to be zapped by a spell designed to beat them.

my issue is not that twilight would win or not but you disregarding what little is consistent about Pinkie. pinkie would not be an element bearer if she was as useless as you claim she is.

Element bearing isn't about power, it's about being morally good, which Pinkie is

On your arguement of her being the main character and thus must win I counter that by willing participating in a death battle with one of her friends would negate this 'guarantee'. The idea that 'a hero always wins' apllies to villians not allies, also not if what the hero is doing can ve called unheroic.

That wasn't my argument, my argument was referring to you saying I was nerfing the Mane 6. I am not nerfing them, I'm just calling the fact that Twilight being stronger is a fact.

Twilight isn't going to win with main character status

And if Pinkie can use her abilities correctly, they are useless 

she was the main in season 1 and 2 that changed by the time she got her wings.

Wouldn't that make her stronger?

Because the Pinkies were not using any of those abilities and were just sitting there if they even could use them. At the very least to the extent the real Pinkie can

They can use the same ones as Pinkie can, see their G3 face. 

But just like Pinkie, too dumb to use it correctly

at the start of the show I would say most of her friends could have beat her in a fight. fluttershy well if she was running over her to get away perhaps.

we have a pinkie hater and that's all there is to it.

Pinkie Sense (as well as other Pinkie powers) are unpredictable, and thus useless in a fight. You didn't see her using them in the bashemup with the changelings, did you?

Think of it this way: Would you go to war with a sniper rifle that automatically acquired its targets for you and shot them dead once it has done so, but had more of a chance to do nothing, or even had a chance of acquiring one of your allies or even you as its target? No. So, the rifle is useless in a fight.

I am indifferent towards her. Deal with the fact that gag pony isn't a fighter

deal with the fact that she is not just a gag pony. that what gets people upset when she is treated by the show as a one note joke.

deal with the fact that she is not just a gag pony. that what gets people upset when she is treated by the show as a one note joke.

She can't fight, not at all. Assuming her Pinkie sense was so brilliant, how did she not notice a rock slide?

Pinkie Sense (as well as other Pinkie powers) are unpredictable, and thus useless in a fight. You didn't see her using them in the bashemup with the changelings, did you?

Think of it this way: Would you go to war with a sniper rifle that automatically acquired its targets for you and shot them dead once it has done so, but had more of a chance to do nothing, or even had a chance of acquiring one of your allies or even you as its target? No. So, the rifle is useless in a fight.

pinky sence is not unpridable what the episodes they where in again.  or by extention what twilight can cast as spells changed and is not pridctable. hell her ability to teleport isn't even consistant if you want to realy pull that line of reasoning. (I hate my spelling)

@@Stellafera,

What, her being a brute? I meant in thought process. Mostly, she just rushes in without making a strategy. It's an instinct thing

pinky sence is not unpridable what the episodes they where in again.  or by extention what twilight can cast as spells changed and is not pridctable. hell her ability to teleport isn't even consistant if you want to realy pull that line of reasoning. (I hate my spelling)

She never uses Pinkie Sense correctly, she only knows something is going to happen soon, not exactly when, how, or where.

And Twilight can teleport incredibly well, see when she comboed RD And Spike in Dragon Quest

She can't fight, not at all. Assuming her Pinkie sense was so brilliant, how did she not notice a rock slide?

answered already she did see it but was trapped ie could not move out of the way. you have forced me to bring up mysterious mare to well in the fact she used her pinky sense to dodge a falling building and save several lives (so much for useless) and that was not done simply as a joke.

answered already she did see it but was trapped ie could not move out of the way. you have forced me to bring up mysterious mare to well in the fact she used her pinky sense to dodge a falling building and save several lives (so much for useless) and that was not done simply as a joke.

RD dodged the rubble as well. Regardless, I don't think Pinkie has a sense for "laser about to turn me into a toad"

@@Stellafera,

What, her being a brute? I meant in thought process. Mostly, she just rushes in without making a strategy. It's an instinct thing

She never uses Pinkie Sense correctly, she only knows something is going to happen soon, not exactly when, how, or where.

And Twilight can teleport incredibly well, see when she comboed RD And Spike in Dragon Quest

yet in feeling pinky keen she could not even teleport a relatively short distance! (because the plot forced her to make a leap of faith)

(edited)
or by extention what twilight can cast as spells changed and is not pridctable

So, because Twilight's spellbook has received some additions over time means the act of her spellcasting is unpredictable.

...Yeah. I'll just leave that there...

hell her ability to teleport isn't even consistant if you want to realy pull that line of reasoning.

Is it not? The last time she had issues was when she was learning how to control literally all of the alicorn magic in Equestria. She was doing just fine in the S3 opener.

yet in feeling pinky keen she could not even teleport a relatively short distance!

Early S1. Also, plot contrivance.

Edited by SirHandMan
  • Brohoof 1

I love Applejack, she's my favorite pony. However, there isn't a whole lot that she can do against Twilight. It isn't even about power that much, Twilight would just be able to use a levitation spell on Applejack indefinitely, making it so that Applejack can never get close enough to do anything.