Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Twilight Sparkle

RainbowDashCool

Applejack VS Twilight Sparkle  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the fight

• Applejack
    • Twilight Sparkle

I am not certain but I do believe I can say with confidance that Cadance was not around a thousand years ago.

Remember she was shown as a teenage babysister in Twilight's flashback in Canterlot Wedding and clearly grown into an adult when actually introduced.

Moreover lets be nice to Celestia by having Cadance be as old as Shining Armour, otherwise one will have a fair harder time explaining how Celestia was decieved if she had know Cadance for a thousand years.

If that is the case, I still think of them as proper alicorns. Just alicorns that don't age like Celestia/Luna. I mean, I read the Journal of the two sisters and i guess Celie and Luna were born alicorns. Either way, Twilight's definitely more powerful than she was as a unicorn.

If that is the case, I still think of them as proper alicorns. Just alicorns that don't age like Celestia/Luna. I mean, I read the Journal of the two sisters and i guess Celie and Luna were born alicorns. Either way, Twilight's definitely more powerful than she was as a unicorn.

Really, the book stayed true to the original vision in that way? It said they were born alicorns? :)

Well I would ask what evidence you have Twilight Sparkle is more powerful after becoming an alicorn. Twilight's Kingdom does not count as she was given the power of three other alicorns

Really, the book stayed true to the original vision in that way? It said they were born alicorns? :)

Well I would ask what evidence you have Twilight Sparkle is more powerful after becoming an alicorn. Twilight's Kingdom does not count as she was given the power of three other alicorns

You haven't read it? Yeah, pretty much. It also appears there were alicorns before them. If you don't mind spoilers or don't plan to buy the book, Here's a quote.It doesn't really give away anything important.

"Oh forget it, i was going to try to write in the royal canterlot voice, which Celestia and I learned as fillies. The alicorns thought it was an important part of our education, but we both thought speaking like that every day sounded silly."

And I suppose you have a point. Though we don't really know since she hasn't really had a point other than the finale where she's needed to use extremely powerful magic. I'm sure we'll see something out of her in the future.

@@Pinkamena-Pills,

No, even then no. Unlike in Dragon Ball Z where speed and power scale linearly, MLP doesn't have that. The scouter would not be a good method to judge MLP 

Im well aware of that,i just think it would kill alot of these 'X is stronger than X' debates that drag on forever and ultimately end up off topic or nowhere because the show isn't designed for this sort of deep power scaling analysis  :unsure:

(edited)

You haven't read it? Yeah, pretty much. It also appears there were alicorns before them. If you don't mind spoilers or don't plan to buy the book, Here's a quote.It doesn't really give away anything important.

"Oh forget it, i was going to try to write in the royal canterlot voice, which Celestia and I learned as fillies. The alicorns thought it was an important part of our education, but we both thought speaking like that every day sounded silly."

Of note, why that is important is because during interview Lauren Faust said that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns with parents they lived with in the old castle found in the Everfree forest (in answer to more then one question but still). She also said in her book Celestia and Luna are not goddesses. Edited by EquestrianScholar

Of note, why that is important is because during interview Lauren Faust said that Celestia and Luna were born alicorns with parents they lived with in the old castle found in the Everfree forest (in answer to more then one question but still). She also said in her book Celestia and Luna are not goddesses.

In the book, it said they were made princesses of Equestria, and that Star Swirl the Bearded helped them build the old castle, and it said nothing about their parents. And yeah it's obvious they're not goddesses, because there were apparently more alicorns before them.

In the book, it said they were made princesses of Equestria, and that Star Swirl the Bearded helped them build the old castle, and it said nothing about their parents. And yeah it's obvious they're not goddesses, because there were apparently more alicorns before them.

Hmm, I see. I will need to get the book and read through it since I play Princess Celestia here and Princess Luna on the site Whitetail Woods.

Hmm, I see. I will need to get the book and read through it since I play Princess Celestia here and Princess Luna on the site Whitetail Woods.

It's pretty interesting. The friendship letters at the end also include some that weren't even in this season. Is there a Wal-Mart near where you live?

(edited)

Also, I change my mind, since she is clearly the underdog here I've voted for Applejack. I want her to win and believe she has a chance to win, even if most everyone else believes the battle is one sided and Twilight will win.

... sighs, and this is with Twilight being my buckin' favorite of the Mane Six and 'best' pony.

It's pretty interesting. The friendship letters at the end also include some that weren't even in this season. Is there a Wal-Mart near where you live?

Yes there is but I have no money to buy it. Edited by EquestrianScholar

(edited)

@@EquestrianScholar,

That's cute, voting for the sake of hipsterness

Hipsterness, really? Also, I never really understood what being a hipster means, never got it.

Also no, it is because I honestly and truly believe Applejack could defeat Twilight, given the right scenario and strategy.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

Hipsterness, really? Also, I never really understood what being a hipster means, never understood it.

Also no, it is because I honestly and truly believe Applejack could defeat Twilight, given the right scenario and strategy.

My mistake, the way you phrased it made it sound like you did it soley to be different

And anyone can win given the right scenario, I could have AJ have every bone in her body broken so Angel Bunny beats her down

(edited)

My mistake, the way you phrased it made it sound like you did it soley to be different

And anyone can win given the right scenario, I could have AJ have every bone in her body broken so Angel Bunny beats her down

It was a statement I made in annoyance of the fact so many believe, counting you, that Applejack wouldn't have a chance. Yet it is because I believe Applejack has the know how enough to out smart or trick Twilight. The skill and ability to knock Twilight out or perhaps even out of the air. Edited by EquestrianScholar

It was a statement I made in annoyance of the fact so many believe, counting you, that Applejack wouldn't have a chance. Yet it is because I believe Applejack has the know how enough to out smart or trick Twilight. The skill and ability to knock Twilight out or perhaps even out of the air.

I just voted Applejack because I like voting the minority. It's just something I do, even though I don't think that one choice is going to "win".

It was a statement I made in annoyance of the fact so many believe, counting you, that Applejack wouldn't have a chance. Yet it is because I believe Applejack has the know how enough to out smart or trick Twilight. The skill and ability to knock Twilight out or perhaps even out of the air.

It really comes down to a matter of headcanon, being that we're never really shown the full extent of Twilight's abilities. You believe, I think correct me if I'm wrong, Twilight has very poor flying skills, takes at least ten seconds to cast a spell, spells can be  interrupted by hitting her hard enough or taping on the horn, and Twilight has no instant kill spells, and Applejack can outsmart Twilight.

Most people believe that Twilight has good enough flying skills to ascend out of jumping reach, and can cast spells while flying, and at least one of her spells is a guaranteed kill(e.i rapid fire laser beams, telekineticly lifting AJ into the air then slamming her down, etc.

Although I just realized this whole time I've been envisioning this battle taking place in an open meadow where Twi has room to fly. I this was in an enclosed area where Twilight cannot very quickly blast a hole in the wall/ceiling to get out of reach, I could see Applejack winning. Although I still believe myself in the majority of scenarios Twilight winning, I know accept that their is a reasonable scenario where AJ wins.

• Brohoof 2

If they're in a small room, AJ has a much better chance but even so, she's helpless against telekinesis. Remember that she had to beg Twilight to release her in Canterlot Wedding?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It really comes down to a matter of headcanon, being that we're never really shown the full extent of Twilight's abilities. You believe, I think correct me if I'm wrong, Twilight has very poor flying skills, takes at least ten seconds to cast a spell, spells can be interrupted by hitting her hard enough or taping on the horn, and Twilight has no instant kill spells, and Applejack can outsmart Twilight.

Most people believe that Twilight has good enough flying skills to ascend out of jumping reach, and can cast spells while flying, and at least one of her spells is a guaranteed kill(e.i rapid fire laser beams, telekineticly lifting AJ into the air then slamming her down, etc.

Not so much very poor flying skill, not after having Rainbow Dash as a teacher and 'flying buddy', but also not as good as most pegasi that have spent their whole life flying. Heck, lets take Rainbow Dash who has had 15+ years (I believe the Mane Six to be in the late teen if not early 20s) of flying plus a whlle bunch of training because of wanting to be in the Wonderbolts.

Now you might bring up Twilight's flying with Tirek and fairly argue she was flying very well. You would make a fair point and I would not try saying it was because of her power boost, at least not per say. I believe that flying was from adrenaline, determination, and perhaps anger... but I argue also because Rainbow Dash's training.

Now I do believe unicorn magic can be interrupted, either by distraction or yes contact with the horn as it has been shown in TV show.

I will also say that yes most spells, especially advanced spells, would take some time to cast. Anywhere from perhaps near instantaneous to quite a bit longer, even past 10s. More While Twilight is very smart and studies alotmost of her spells argueablly do not seem to have a combat application.

In Boost Busters it is discussed how most unicorns know only a few stells relatex to their talent yet Twiligt knew 20 'tricks'.

Later it is shown her knowing and over time perfecting teleportation,successfully casting a fly gravity spell, a spell for turning apples into oranges (or small animals into oranges), a spell to try and alter the diet of parasprites and vampires fruit bats (both failing/having unforeseen consequences), a smaller version of her brother's shield spell, and a 'want it need it' dpell I cannot help but think she got the idea from Cadance.

Her best bet is merely shotting a beam of magic which from what I rememver from Canterlot Wedding is not a lethal spell.

Also yes as I already stated I do believe Applejack can trick or outsmart Twilight... at least lon enough to get a good strong kick it which I believe could knock Twilight out or no the breath from her.

Also yes, going somewhere that Twilight cannot fly, or at least not well/safely, would be the smart tging for Applejack to do... which yes I do think she would/could think of that.

Twilight Sparkle.

Applejack may be physically stronger, but Twilight's a master at spells.

Basically, you could say Twilight could beat Applejack without even touching her. Applejack's only logical way of hurting Twilight to the max damage would be to kick her, even if Applejack could get close, Twilight has proven multiple times that she can easily levitate other ponies.

So, easy win for Twilight. ^^

@EquestrianScholar

I have a question for you. You frequently say that in a fight scenario, there is a possibility of Applejack outsmarting Twilight. Up until now, everyone has been dismissing this point as utter nonsense because Twilight is clearly smarter than AJ and AJ could never outsmart Twilight. I still believe that AJ cannot outsmart Twilight, but hypothetically, how would she? Let's assume here Twilight is the most gullible of ponies, what trick would she fall for the prevents her from blasting AJ to pieces with laser beams, an easy feat to aim in an enclosed space, or flying high and blasting at her leisure in an open space?

(edited)

@jeray2000

I hope I mentioned correctly, it is not as simple on a phone.

Onto your question, that xan actually be a complex answer.

I would first need to know som of the most important variables. For example, why are they fighting? Where are they fighting? What brought the fight on? Who is involved that helped bring this fight about? What coul possibly be a reason for them to be fighting to the death? Are both ponies fully rested? What is at stakes other then their lives?

Kreping n mind both wpuld be very much out of character anyeay if at least some of the above are not answered.

Yet to go with my first offer, that of playing death/unconsciousness unil Twilight gets close wait to deliver.

Yet even without tricks, I believe people strong, very stubborn, earth pony can do with her back to the wall. I believe Applejack would be able to take a whole lot of punishment, and have better endurance and ladting power. Sure Twilight could throd spells away, and use her magic, but eventually sh would run out of juice. All it eoild tak is one slip up, a small hesitation, to go from the. Attcking to recieving.

• Brohoof 1

@jeray2000

I hope I mentioned correctly, it is not as simple on a phone.

Onto your question, that xan actually be a complex answer.

I would first need to know som of the most important variables. For example, why are they fighting? Where are they fighting? What brought the fight on? Who is involved that helped bring this fight about? What coul possibly be a reason for them to be fighting to the death? Are both ponies fully rested? What is at stakes other then their lives?

Kreping n mind both wpuld be very much out of character anyeay if at least some of the above are not answered.

Yet to go with my first offer, that of playing death/unconsciousness unil Twilight gets close wait to deliver.

Yet even without tricks, I believe people strong, very stubborn, earth pony can do with her back to the wall. I believe Applejack would be able to take a whole lot of punishment, and have better endurance and ladting power. Sure Twilight could throd spells away, and use her magic, but eventually sh would run out of juice. All it eoild tak is one slip up, a small hesitation, to go from the. Attcking to recieving.

Well,  for the variables, I'll say Discord or some other extremely powerful creature cast a spell to convince them to fight, let's say they are fighting in Sweet Apple Acres(where Applejack can make full use of her apple-based abilities which she may or may not have), and Twilight can make full use of flight), Discord/other creature teleported them to the middle of the orchard thirty meters away from each other, they are fully rested, and only their lives are at stake. No equipment for either also.

I suppose I could write a short little fic detailing the set up to the fight, but I feel that just about any set up could give one an unfair advantage.

And that off the top of your head could go wrong very badly, very easily.  For it to work, Twilight will obviously need to get one hit in. If that hit is strong enough to knock AJ uncouncious/kill her/break enough bones, than AJ is screwed. Also, if Twilight decides to shoot a few extra lasers or slam AJ into the ground a couple extra times, AJ is also screwed.