Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who would win in a fight? Applejack or Twilight Sparkle

RainbowDashCool

Applejack VS Twilight Sparkle  

43 users have voted

1. 1. Who would win in the fight

• Applejack
    • Twilight Sparkle

yet in feeling pinky keen she could not even teleport a relatively short distance! (because the plot forced her to make a leap of faith)

That was in the early days, Twilight was much weaker at that time(her magic is much lighter in color). Twilight is the type to train her magic

• Brohoof 1

RD dodged the rubble as well. Regardless, I don't think Pinkie has a sense for "laser about to turn me into a toad"

RD saved one life pinky saved 6 hmm who used their abilities better?

and the point is she used her pinky sense deliberately and effectively.

RD saved one life pinky saved 6 hmm who used their abilities better?

and the point is she used her pinky sense deliberately and effectively.

RD was too busy being cocky and that has nothing to do with dodging rubble

And why would Twilight even use falling attacks

That was in the early days, Twilight was much weaker at that time(her magic is much lighter in color). Twilight is the type to train her magic

who fucking cares the point is all charictors have inconstant power levels. and she teleported just fine before that episode.

She never uses Pinkie Sense correctly, she only knows something is going to happen soon, not exactly when, how, or where. And Twilight can teleport incredibly well, see when she comboed RD And Spike in Dragon Quest

^this. Twilight's magic is something that she's studied and trained with for almost her whole life. We can't say the same about Pinkie. She hasn't proven that she can control her powers as well as Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

who fucking cares the point is all charictors have inconstant power levels. and she teleported just fine before that episode.

But not under stress. Later on, teleporting under stress is a piece of cake. Training

• Brohoof 1

As far as AJ vs Twilight,Twilight wins 99 times out of 100..I can only see AJ beating Twilight if she gets a sneak attack buck to the head on Twilight,which i would atleast think would K.O. Twilight.

....Im not sure why Pinkie was brought into this,but honestly it is 50/50 between her and Twilight. The deciding factor would be whether Twilight is dealing with the 'normal' Pinkie,or the '4th wall breaking,logic and physic defying,lol i do what i want gag-god' Pinkie....

OK, how many of these who would win in a fight threads are there gonna be? In reality, they are best friends. They would never fight each other even if they were forced to. It was funny the fist time but not that much any more.

• Brohoof 3

RD was too busy being cocky and that has nothing to do with dodging rubble

And why would Twilight even use falling attacks

again who cares. not saying pinke would win just saying she is not as useless as you claim!

again who cares. not saying pinke would win just saying she is not as useless as you claim!

the Stare>Twilight>>>>Fluttershy>>Rarity>RD=AJ>>Pinkie Pie

She's pretty darn low on the chain

ok fine all Pinkie pie is good for is a battery every thing else about her is completely useless. dose not matter how or what she can do its all completely and utterly useless! she is just a one note joke and that's it. all you need to do is ignore the constant and repeatable abilities because you want to. a power or ability must be completely controllable in every aspect of its use or its useless.

god your really stuck on this and unable to reason on this single slightly off topic post.

why is Fluttershy just under twilight? you think her intimidation power is that good?

(edited)

a power or ability must be completely controllable in every aspect of its use or its useless.

It doesn't have to be completely controllable, but the more contollable and understandable it is, the more useful and effective it will be. Please don't overexagerrate things. Thank you.

Edited by LatinoChurro

Rarity is above AJ? Applejack or Rainbow Dash would probably run circles around her while she's busy figuring out her battle strategy. 

• Brohoof 3

Rarity is above AJ? Applejack or Rainbow Dash would probably run circles around her while she's busy figuring out her battle strategy. 

I seem to remember Rarity slapping AJ around in Return of Harmony. Actual skill instead of just brute strength and speed helps

If we're talking unicorn Twilight, maaaybe AJ would have a chance, but alicorn Twilight? Not a chance, because don't forget that alicorns not only have unicorn magic and pegasus flight, but also earth pony strength. 

If we're talking unicorn Twilight, maaaybe AJ would have a chance, but alicorn Twilight? Not a chance, because don't forget that alicorns not only have unicorn magic and pegasus flight, but also earth pony strength.

I don't believe that applies to Cadence and Twilight, largely for the fact they are awakened alicorns not born alicorns like Celestia and Luna. Moreover is the fact it was stated Twilight wont be outliving her friends and as I interpret that meaning she's not immortals

Its just like a warrior vs a wizard. Twi has Ann advantage for spells and apple jack has physical endurance and dexterity. Id probably be tied. :ph34r: vs :wacko: its better for :ph34r: vs B) . Twilight Is invincible though

post-27510-0-40441400-1402876174_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I don't believe that applies to Cadence and Twilight, largely for the fact they are awakened alicorns not born alicorns like Celestia and Luna. Moreover is the fact it was stated Twilight wont be outliving her friends and as I interpret that meaning she's not immortals

But hasn't Cadance been proved to already have aged like Celestia?

But hasn't Cadance been proved to already have aged like Celestia?

In the book Twilight Sparkle the Crystal Heart Spell it is shown that: 1. Cadence was born a pegasus

2. Was adopted and raised by earth ponies

3. Defeated a witch threatening her town

4. Became an alicorn and went to that astral plane Twilight found herself in

5. And was found by Celestia, who adopted her into the royal family and crowned her princess.

In the book Twilight Sparkle the Crystal Heart Spell it is shown that: 1. Cadence was born a pegasus

2. Was adopted and raised by earth ponies

3. Defeated a witch threatening her town

4. Became an alicorn and went to that astral plane Twilight found herself in

5. And was found by Celestia, who adopted her into the royal family and crowned her princess.

I haven't read that, but I do know those snippets. Didn't it say that stuff happened before the crystal empire was cursed the first time Sombra was defeated?

(edited)

I haven't read that, but I do know those snippets. Didn't it say that stuff happened before the crystal empire was cursed the first time Sombra was defeated?

I am not certain but I do believe I can say with confidance that Cadance was not around a thousand years ago.

Remember she was shown as a teenage babysister in Twilight's flashback in Canterlot Wedding and clearly grown into an adult when actually introduced.

Moreover lets be nice to Celestia by having Cadance be as old as Shining Armour, otherwise one will have a fair harder time explaining how Celestia was decieved if she had know Cadance for a thousand years.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

post-26748-0-17769200-1402877389_thumb.jpg

Oh man, this is gonna cause some trouble.

I would put Twilight on top too, but I would say Rainbow Dash and Applejack are better fighters than Rarity and Fluttershy. 

(edited)

I seem to remember Rarity slapping AJ around in Return of Harmony. Actual skill instead of just brute strength and speed helps

You mean this?

AJ wasn't really trying to fight back and was more shocked than anything. Besides, Rarity's fight style is quite physical, as you mentioned with the slapping around deal; we've mostly seen her kick or smack things.

Again, Applejack has skill. See about 0:42.

Rarity vs Applejack would probably result in a slugfest. Rarity seems willing to fight pretty darn dirty close up. Applejack is slightly less so, but is also just logically stronger. 

Applejack has accurate aim and is able to effectively use range attacks... as is Rarity with her telekinesis. Even the pillow fight was a draw!

However, I rank Applejack above Rarity because whereas Rarity has finesse, Applejack has stamina. Get Rares tired out and she'll lower her guard. Then, it's not too hard for Applejack to simply overpower her. 

Rarity could also easily fall victim to trying to be too clever for her own good, hence my comment about "AJ running circles around Rarity while she figures out her battle strategy". Rarity loves the elegant way of doing things.

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 3

attachicon.gifthere-be-a-shit-storm-a-brewin.jpg

Oh man, this is gonna cause some trouble.

I would put Twilight on top too, but I would say Rainbow Dash and Applejack are better fighters than Rarity and Fluttershy. 

Let me rephrase that

Enraged Fluttershy is stronger, see her tossing ponies around like rag dolls and out speeding RD. Otherwise, she's bottom tier

Rarity kicked around AJ in Return of Harmony

You mean this?

AJ wasn't really trying to fight back and was more shocked than anything. Besides, Rarity's fight style is quite physical; we've mostly seen her kick or smack things.

Again, Applejack has skill.

Rarity vs Applejack would probably result in a slugfest. Rarity seems willing to fight pretty darn dirty close up. Applejack is slightly less so, but is also just logically stronger. 

Applejack has accurate aim and is able to effectively use range attacks... as is Rarity with her telekinesis. Even the pillow fight was a draw!

However, I rank Applejack above Rarity because whereas Rarity has finesse, Applejack has stamina. Get Rares tired out and she'll lower her guard. Then, it's not too hard for Applejack to simply overpower her. 

Rarity could also easily fall victim to trying to be too clever for her own good, hence my comment about "AJ running circles around Rarity while she figures out her battle strategy". Rarity loves the elegant way of doing things.

Fair enough. I don't really have a problem with that so as long as Rarity is still surprisingly high on the tier list

Even with me having her better, she'd only win 65/100 times

• Brohoof 1