Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Effects do you think Poison Joke would have on other ponies in the show?

ggg-2

How do you know that? :blink:

Okay, so maybe Applejack wasn't the size of a bug, but she was pretty darn close to that size.

But I believe that cutie pox was called a disease or an illness, not magic. Also, it isn't a real cutie mark. It's fake which is why it appears in random places. I don't think it would be the same thing to actually take away what might be the most powerful magic in Equestria.

That's my point though: if a simple illness can give you fake cutie marks, is it really that hard to believe that poison joke could temporarily take away a cutie mark? Or even temporarily give you one? I think it could be well within the plants abilities considering the level of craziness it can inflict upon its hapless victims.

• Brohoof 1

That's my point though: if a simple illness can give you fake cutie marks, is it really that hard to believe that poison joke could temporarily take away a cutie mark?

I think so. Because a real cutie mark is extremely powerful magic. The fake cutie mark with the cutie pox is probably not the same as a real one, even if it brings mock talents as an effect. I always thought that cutie marks are simply above any ability to manipulate or remove, like a higher plane of magic...unless the most powerful magic is used and that would be the spell Twilight used in Magical Mystery Cure.

I think so. Because a real cutie mark is extremely powerful magic. The fake cutie mark with the cutie pox is probably not the same as a real one, even if it brings mock talents as an effect. I always thought that cutie marks are simply above any ability to manipulate or remove, like a higher plane of magic...unless the most powerful magic is used and that would be the spell Twilight used in Magical Mystery Cure.

Yes, but that's what I'm saying is that if the curse is fitting enough, the poison joke might be able to create a fake cutie mark. I agree that the magic behind a cutie mark is extremely powerful, so i don't think the poison joke could have a permanent effect or anything. But I could totally handing out fake cutie marks as being within its magical ability to mess around with ponies and other beings.

Now about removing the cutie mark... it doesn't even have to do that. Perhaps the poison joke simply makes it so that the fur around the cutie mark grows out, covering it so that it looks like it has disappeared. To me, that is easily within its power.

• Brohoof 1

But I could totally handing out fake cutie marks as being within its magical ability to mess around with ponies and other beings.

Yes, I would believe so. 

Perhaps the poison joke simply makes it so that the fur around the cutie mark grows out, covering it so that it looks like it has disappeared.

That makes more sense. Not direct but has a good joke effect. 

The Wonderbolts might even lose their wings.

I think that may be too much for the plant to be able to do. Maybe have the wings work in reverse like with Rainbow Dash.

Spike would have a permanent dress on, Big Mac would be skinny, Sweetie Belle wouldent really like her mane, Applebloom would become a clutz, and Scoots would have "kick me" imprinted on her skin in bright yellow, and every pony around her would be compelled to kick her.

The first thing which came to mind : Celestia would be fat. :(

Big Mac would have a SQUEEKY voice. Spike would not know how to write. Princess Celestia would be a filly again. Princess Luna would turn orange. Spitfire would not be abled to walk on clouds. derpy would be allergic to muffins.

Poison joke would make Scootaloo look exactly like filly Rainbow Dash.

Of course, at first Scootaloo would think that this is kinda cool, but then everypony in town just believes she's gotten way overzealous with her fangirlism. Then she bumps into Dashie...

----

Big Mac's curse would be nonstop talking (other than when he's eating or something).  :lol:

(edited)

Dude, really?

Poison Joke only alters/modify their appearance. Their personality is unaffected. img-2744784-1-pout.gif

Then why did Fluttershy become flutterguy?

Pretty sure voice pitch isn't part of ones appearance.

Also we've only seen it ONCE who's the hell to say if it can or can not alter personalities? For all YOU know it could be capable of doing it. There's nothing saying it can't because it's only been seen in ONE episode. If people want to say it can alter personalities then they can say it alters f-----g personalities. You can't say it's not able to do that if there's no god damned canonical evidence it CANT.

Edited by Captchet

Then why did Fluttershy become flutterguy?

Pretty sure voice pitch isn't part of ones appearance.

Also we've only seen it ONCE who's the hell to say if it can or can not alter personalities? For all YOU know it could be capable of doing it. There's nothing saying it can't because it's only been seen in ONE episode. If people want to say it can alter personalities then they can say it alters f-----g personalities. You can't say it's not able to do that if there's no god damned canonical evidence it CANT.

I actually disagree with this.

There is nothing to indicate that poison joke can change your personality at all. Now, folks can say that and this is just a fun topic and all, but there's also no evidence that the Elements of Harmony can't change your personality either if you get blasted by them, so clearly that's within their powers too, right?

Clearly poison joke only has a physical effect on ponies as far as we can tell. Since that's all we've seen, that's all that's canonical. You can't use the absence of evidence as evidence that poison joke can change personalities.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Discord may turn into a platypus.

Wait....

It doesn´t need the Poison Joke for that.

But really, what would happen to Discord?

And was it Discord who created it?

Probably something like this:

discorderly___poison_joke_by_peachiekeen

Edited by A.V.