Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you EVER think you'd be a brony?

Artist-Sky

Well, I really didn't think I would. I liked the older generation 2 toys and though this new show ruined it. Then after watching it, I thought g2 ruined the new one. :3

So, did you ever think you'd be a brony?

• Brohoof 3

Not at all, when I first learned of us, I was like 'alright that's cool, but I doubt I'd ever become one myself'. That was probably ... at least 4+ months or so before I started getting into it. :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I actually began as a hater.  :eww:  I was like "WTF!?" when I first discovered bronies. I never saw myself as a brony. After episodes 1 and 2, I was like not bad. Few episodes later I was a brony in denial. Then Party of One came. Oh boy, that episode instantly turned me into a self-accepting brony.  :squee:  And I am proud of it!

Edited by A Rainbow Makusu2
  • Brohoof 7

I actually sort of wanted to be one before I became one. I knew about them (one of my friends was a brony) and I didn't really care; I was/am an anime fan, an "otaku" so to speak, and I got/get a lot of flak for that, so I never judged the bronies. But from what I had seen from my friend's t-shirts, I really liked the designs of the ponies and thought, "You know, I'd actually like to try to watch this show. Too bad I can't, because if my family walked in on me while I was doing it I'd never hear the end of it."

Then, one of my other friends became a brony and I went over to his house and I watched the first three episodes.

I was fairly speechless and wanted more.

• Brohoof 4

Nah, but in the back of my mind I vaguely knew it was a possibly. I basically laughed at bronies and thought the whole thing was stupid before I really looked into it. But as per usual, I had to learn what all the fuss was about and I ended up becoming a fan

• Brohoof 2

I've always been a fan of animation, so given a show like this, I didn't really expect not to like it... luckily, it was of high enough quality to get me hooked. So yeah, I always assumed I would become a brony.

• Brohoof 2

I was a hater at first, but didn't do any active things like post on message boards. Then I actually watched it and became a better person in general! I guess I had a few lessons to learn  :huh:

• Brohoof 2

Basically, I always wanted to be a brony, but it never dawned on me to try it for a long time, if that makes any sense.  Even before I was aware of the existence of the brony fandom, I would gaze wistfully at pony merch and pictures, and wish longingly that I could watch the show and get into it.  It just seemed like something I could, would, and should like.  But sadly, even though I am open minded and somewhat non-conformist, I am still a product of society and it's social norms and stereotypes.  As such, there was a mental block preventing me from realizes that, "YES, I CAN IN FACT WATCH THIS!"  One day, I stumbled onto the brony episode of Good Mythical Morning, and that acted as the catalyst to make me think, "What a minute, what am I doing?  Why am I not watching this?"  Pulled one episode up on demand, ordered all seasons on disc shortly thereafter, and the rest is history.

So, to answer the question directly--did I ever think I'd be a brony?  I'd have to say no.  But I wanted to be one.  And I'm so glad that some sense finally got knocked into me so that I could become one.  And today, I wore my Rainbow Dash silhouette t-shirt out to dinner for the very first time, and lemmie tell ya--it felt pretty darn good.

• Brohoof 3

I was actually oblivious to the brony community for the first couple of years, I discovered it when season 3 was half way done and I got curious instantly, here I am now! 

• Brohoof 2

Hah, no. I was aware that the community existed. I hated it at first, then came to accept it, but still didn't watch the show for a long time. Started watching around season 4 and got sucked into it.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I did. I was like: "If the show is good, I guess I'll be a brony." And the show was good. So there ya go. I'll became a brony.

• Brohoof 2

Not at all. It just happened after a few episodes I watched, and I was hooked to the series. That's when I decided that I was a brony. Before that I was completely oblivious to the fandom.

• Brohoof 1

I can honestly say "no" to this. I did not think it would be possible, but after about a year of hearing about the fandom and whatnot, I gave it a shot, before immersing myself in the realm of Equestria.

Best decision of my life. Turns out that being a brony in my community makes you a friend magnet, and it is appealing to the ladies in a group as well.  :catface:

• Brohoof 3

yeah, I did.

I first found out about bronies when I joined Deviantart. ponies were EVERYWHERE! I like some of the art, so I would favourite it.

then I started....clopping.

then I decided to check out the show I was clopping to, and I watched the wonderbolt academy episode.

the rest is sweet blissful history ^_^

• Brohoof 3

I was neutral before joining the fandom, I didn't even know it was a thing until mid 2011 when I started seeing memes pop up. I was bored and did some research and got told to watch the first few episodes. I found myself smiling so I stuck around. 

Really though if I get bored enough for long enough I get into about anything.

• Brohoof 2

Not really at first I just turned against them, trolled them, and just hated everything ponified but then out of confusion I joined the herd to actually learn how to stay away from becoming a brony however later on I made a deal with myself if I got a few friends on the site I'd stay if not I'd stay away from ponies forever, I got 3 friends so I stayed and now I can't quit because I'm running a pony page on Facebook, I technically have 7 ponies (3 are coming in a month from Ebay) and I have to stand up for Sweetie Belle it really came out of nowhere though I liked MLP ever since Janurary 2 years ago.

• Brohoof 4

Well it's not too surprising for me. I've always enjoyed Power Rangers up into my adulthood, as well as other aspects of nerd/geek culture. Combine that with an utter lack of care with what others think of me, this really isn't a stretch.

• Brohoof 2

I've never hated My Little Pony or Bronies, but I didn't think I would become a Brony after learning about them. I think it helped that the first Bronies I met were a bunch of my online friends, though I joked about leaving the website we were on because of them.

I am an animation fan, however, so it was only a matter of time until another friend convinced me to go ahead and give the show a chance. And then I became hooked after "Applebuck Season". I wasn't ever in denial, so to speak, but I was definitely in "hide this from everyone" mode.

• Brohoof 3

In hindsight I'm not surprised I did end up liking the show because I've been a fan of other shows aimed at girls before, but at the time I would have never imagined liking a show about colorful ponies. When all the pony stuff started popping up, my initial reaction was total bewilderment, especially when it invaded a forum I was on at the time to the point that an entire sub-forum was created for it despite the fact that the forum in question had absolutely nothing to do with animation or cartoons in the slightest. 

• Brohoof 2