Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Steel Accord

Now for those of you who know me, you'll recall I have a great love and passion for this fandom. That has not changed. However, I have noticed a few bronies here and there that don't seem to extend common courtesies to one another and appear no different than your average internet, opinionated GIFT user.

I'm not saying this marks some horrible trend that will bring about our downfall, but it is a little disheartening to see comments like:

"You don't have a contrasting opinion, you have a misguided, idiotic opinion."

or

"Honestly fuck the analysis community!"

I mean, should we really dismiss an entire portion of our fanbase just because they indulge in something we individually don't care for? I'm not a fan of dubstep, but all bronies who make it are not my enemies.

• Brohoof 14

The problem with any fandom is that it is made up of people. And some people are, I can put it no more gently, total assholes. Joining a fandom of any kind will not alter that aspect of a person. So, yeah, we have some mean bronies, but they don't have to be the majority.

• Brohoof 22

its bound to happen, especially if one takes offense to anothers opinion. we can't always take the agree to disagree route.

But I mean shouldn't we try? I know it's not realistic to expect that we are all going to unanimously agree on everything, but don't we owe it to ourselves and each other to say that when we can't agree we can at least let the other to be free to live and let live?

• Brohoof 1

Mean people are everywhere and no fandom is free from them, really. So it does not suprise me that some people are like that. But don't worry about them, just ignore them and stick with friendly ones. 

Most people here are pretty tolerant for even "darkest" parts of fandom for as long as someone does not force them to watch it :) I am ok with all this analysing, even NSFW art for as long as it is not shown to me despite me saying that I *don't* want to see it. 

So like I said - just avoid this kind of people, they can't be removed from existance but You don't have to interact with them :)

• Brohoof 5

But I mean shouldn't we try? I know it's not realistic to expect that we are all going to unanimously agree on everything, but don't we owe it to ourselves and each other to say that when we can't agree we can at least let the other to be free to live and let live?

I'd love to, but someone saying me loving someone of the same gender is a sin when it isn't makes me want to hit them. That is slander and I won't take that from anyone.

• Brohoof 2

You can discuss this more and more and it's not going to change.. Some people are rude and stupid. The whole world says what I just said... It's NOT going to change.. Especially when my friends on Facebook keep posting messages like "If I die tomorrow would you care?" I mean what the fuck..

I'd love to, but someone saying me loving someone of the same gender is a sin when it isn't makes me want to hit them. That is slander and I won't take that from anyone.

But you can at least agree that they probably have that view for a reason, and that you both can just steer clear of the topic otherwise.

You can discuss this more and more and it's not going to change.. Some people are rude and stupid. The whole world says what I just said... It's NOT going to change.. Especially when my friends on Facebook keep posting messages like "If I die tomorrow would you care?" I mean what the fuck..

You're right, that's not terribly uplifting. However, there has been more kindness in this fandom than many places in recent years. I think people can change, my shock and hurt came from seeing such venom coming from my peers of whom I'm used to feeling warmth.

• Brohoof 1

But you can at least agree that they probably have that view for a reason, and that you both can just steer clear of the topic otherwise.

You're right, that's not terribly uplifting. However, there has been more kindness in this fandom than many places in recent years. I think people can change, my shock and hurt came from seeing such venom coming from my peers of whom I'm used to feeling warmth.

Some of that certain Kindness turned into con sessions of people doing religion stuff of MLP or hugboxes.. It's just ehugh..

Some of that certain Kindness turned into con sessions of people doing religion stuff of MLP or hugboxes.. It's just ehugh..

"Hugboxes" doesn't sound like anything horrible. Unless I'm mistaking. And so what if people were chanting or such at a con? Last one I went to had herds of people skipping down the halls endlessly repeating,

"FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!"  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Hugboxes" doesn't sound like anything horrible. Unless I'm mistaking. And so what if people were chanting or such at a con? Last one I went to had herds of people skipping down the halls endlessly repeating,

"FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN! FUN!"  :lol:

Me and an entire Search and Destroy team went around in Xbox 360 - Black Ops 2 last year doing that, and we won. just search hugbox on a urban dictionary. Religion isn't doing that.. it's just.. no..

EDIT: Yes, I do have a religion, and I believe in a god not a pony.

Edited by Paladin Butters(90s)
  • Brohoof 1

Some people tend to have an overzelous way of expressing themselves. I like hearing other's opinions because i believe that the more different ways you have of looking at a subject you get the most truth of it. People that try to silence turn a blind eye to the truth. Regretfully, i don't think there's a solution to this problem - it's in the nature of some people.

• Brohoof 1

Me and an entire Search and Destroy team went around in Xbox 360 - Black Ops 2 last year doing that, and we won. just search hugbox on a urban dictionary. Religion isn't doing that.. it's just.. no..

EDIT: Yes, I do have a religion, and I believe in a god not a pony.

It's a con, people do silly things when they feel that they are in an environment that condones their passions. Plus, as a fellow God fearing man, I don't mind if people take such reverence to that level. As long as they aren't hurting anyone, what does it matter?

I can certainly think of worse fictional properties to base a faith around then one that teaches of friendship and acceptance.

Some people tend to have an overzelous way of expressing themselves. I like hearing other's opinions because i believe that the more different ways you have of looking at a subject you get the most truth of it. People that try to silence turn a blind eye to the truth. Regretfully, i don't think there's a solution to this problem - it's in the nature of some people.

I wasn't looking for a solution, I guess I was just looking for solace. I've had a rough past couple of days and all of them involved my views coming under attack, compounding trouble with my academic life.

Thank you for your viewpoint, it is appreciated. 

• Brohoof 1

Allow me to reiterate what most of this thread has said and say that people suck. No one is safe from running into a bigot or two in their lives - and this fandom has a few if them. It's not as bad as it seems at times, but, like everything that has to do with people somehow, there's a few who suck. 

• Brohoof 4

It's true that this fandom will have its fair share of asshats. Honestly though, if my experience on this forum is any indication, we have it so much better than other fandoms. Every other place I've been devolves into a flame war at the drop if a hat.

So don't feel too discouraged.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

You know, every fandom you will encounter there will always be fuckbucket's who think they're better than everybody else.  Especially in this fandom, b/c there are some, even popular ones, who I notice, tend to be jerks.  All i can say is ignore it and don't let it bother you.  However, you'll mostly see nice and friendly individuals.

In addition, I deal with it everyday, even outside a fandom, but like I said, don't let it bother you. 

Edited by Thunder-Wing

The problem with any fandom is that it is made up of people. And some people are, I can put it no more gently, total assholes. Joining a fandom of any kind will not alter that aspect of a person. So, yeah, we have some mean bronies, but they don't have to be the majority.

Agree. There's a lot of jerks in the Supernatural fandom, but they aren't the majority. So the fandom actually seems good until you meet one of the rude fans. Should be the same of bronies, not the other way around.

@@Steel Accord,

being brony, or not being, being a religious person, or not be one, doesn't mean you are bound to be like you "should" be, honestly i am a brony, but i swear all day long, have  lot of fight irl with people and other shit,  should i be banned from the fandom for this? probably because i am not the "love and tollerance" person i should be, but hey.. who gives a buck of who i am or what i do? i like ponies, i consider myself a brony, that is enough for me

• Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord,

being brony, or not being, being a religious person, or not be one, doesn't mean you are bound to be like you "should" be, honestly i am a brony, but i swear all day long, have  lot of fight irl with people and other shit,  should i be banned from the fandom for this? probably because i am not the "love and tollerance" person i should be, but hey.. who gives a buck of who i am or what i do? i like ponies, i consider myself a brony, that is enough for me

I'm not saying one has to be pleasant or bright, just that we should extend some common respect to one another. Really, that's something I wish of all humanity, but expecting it just within the brony fandom seems reasonable because almost all of my interactions with very few exceptions have consisted of pleasant conversation and healthy discourse.

• Brohoof 1

@@Steel Accord,

you can wish all you want, no bad persons means no humanity, after all we are also made of douche persons, you can't do much easy, you can't tell who can be in the fandom or not, i understand you, but you can't do anything, so why bother?