Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Steel Accord

Couldn't have said it better myself. People seem to find it easy to forget that people are here because they enjoy a show. That doesn't mean they have to act a certain way, be painstakingly polite and not voice their opinions when they are annoyed by others.

Yup agreed, I love this show, I love ponies, love talking about the show or debating, sharing opinions, RPing, story writing, art work, watching MLP media etc etc, does this mean my behavior or personality has to be 'perfect' at all times? Look sorry even though I wish I could be my OC, I ain't perfect. Sometimes in life we will get upset when someone steps on our toes, or calls us names, or challenges our opinions, and we're gonna get upset. Or we'll get mean, or we'll ignore it.

Point is we are people still, if all else we are people that love a show and what it stands for or represents. There are gonna be times we hypcritize that respresentation, but thats because we are humans, not ponies. I'm not saying all of us are bad or anything, I'm saying we're all gonna have our moments. If we can look past those moments and still come together to enjoy a show and embrace its representation, then we're doing fine ya'll! We still doing dat! lol

• Brohoof 2

No doubt the fandom can change people for the better but adopting the stereotypical brony "love and tolerate" bullshit just because you are a part of the fandom now is very trend-whorey. (I really couldn't think of a better word for that)

Your whole post was good, but "trend-whorey" is suddenly my new favorite, not-real-word, word.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find that if I come across a comment or a person that acts that way, I just think nothing of it. I don't let it get to me as it is only a small proportion of the community that acts this way. I believe that if someone can't act aproperatly on a forum then they don't deserve to talk to me until they change the way they act.

I'm a really mean brony, **** you all!!!!!  :angry:

But more seriously, every existing large group of people has its less joyful members. Bronies being a large group of people with diverse sex, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, age etc. means there will be rude disagreement and violent response. That's just the human way.

As anyone else said, there's merely bound to be mean people anywhere you go no matter what they're interested in. I mean, you can love a show about ponies, that doesn't make you nice. Just how anyone who loves gore, violence, and other things of that kind can be the nicest people you know. It's awkward, how it works, but it's true. However, the majority are still accustomed to a general behavior based on their interest, so most bronies are nice. :)

• Brohoof 1

Everyone has evil within,however some people are better at subduing their evil impulses than others. 

Nobody is a true 'saint',not even bronies. Tho for what it's worth,bronies are nicer in general than most other fandoms.

• Brohoof 3

Everyone has evil within,however some people are better at subduing their evil impulses than others. 

Nobody is a true 'saint',not even bronies. Tho for what it's worth,bronies are nicer in general than most other fandoms.

This is beyond true. If no one believes it, find an active Gundam forum/group with lots of members, and say "Char Asnabel isn't that great a pilot".

I warn you, there is a high chance you will receive death threats. 

• Brohoof 3

This is beyond true. If no one believes it, find an active Gundam forum/group with lots of members, and say "Char Asnabel isn't that great a pilot".

Good lord you guys don't know how true that is in the Gundam fandom.

• Brohoof 2

Huh...we'll great. Now I'm going to do this now. If I die, tell my mom I love her.
  • Brohoof 4

It is a rather unfortunate part of human nature to be assholes to each other even the nicest person can sometimes slip up on that at times but there are some people who for whatever reason have no restraint or respect for others. I am by no means perfect and have said some things I have regretted but I try at least and I think that is the case with most people. It is not always easy but I try not to let he "mean bronies" bother me.

• Brohoof 3

The fandom started on 4chan for christs sake, of course there's going to be some mean bronies

And of course, when you get into a fandom as big as this one, running into an asshole is inevitable(and sometimes common unfortunately)

• Brohoof 3

To be fair I did run into a few ugly bronies on this forum.

They typically tend to be the types that are already emotional stressed or unbalanced, or pig headed, meaning they don't have an open mind or respect for others opinions.

I tend to off and on headbutt those but it never esculates over to harrasment or me having to get an admin involved. For the most part I find a way to prefessionally avoid or handle it, only having to get an admin involved when I feel harrassed. So far that's only happed twice here, which I find good enough since i've been here almost a year now.

I've yet to meet a real life brony who's mean to me though lol.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I like that this thread was created. You know you have a healthy fandom when fans feel comfortable openly calling out negative, toxic fans on their crap. :) It's so important to keep reminding people that we, as a collective group, have high standards for the behaviors within the fandom. It's true that awful people will always exist and try to ruin the fandom for everyone. But if people keep up the positivity and remind the meanies that their behavior is unwanted, we can try our best to keep it in check.

• Brohoof 3

If you can just get past the hate comments or troll messages from bronies, this fandom will probably be better. 'Cause all those bronies or TROLLS (I hate the thought) are just starving for attention. They just wanna be loved. And if you can give em some love.

I like that this thread was created. You know you have a healthy fandom when fans feel comfortable openly calling out negative, toxic fans on their crap. :) It's so important to keep reminding people that we, as a collective group, have high standards for the behaviors within the fandom. It's true that awful people will always exist and try to ruin the fandom for everyone. But if people keep up the positivity and remind the meanies that their behavior is unwanted, we can try our best to keep it in check.

I appreciate your words and feel the same. The reason I created it was to address a bizarre phenomenon. The fact this it is bizarre and out of place, I think it a great thing.

• Brohoof 1

How I wished to have a healthy fandom, which is close to impossible

Every fandom has its dark side/bad side. The outsiders will use those bad side and their raw assumptions to generalize the fandom as a whole. This dark side includes Immature people, weak people, controversy, and (sorry) cloppers to nuke the hell out of us.

Wish we can oppress these people, except cloppers, they should lay low for a while, I think.

How I wished to have a healthy fandom, which is close to impossible

Every fandom has its dark side/bad side. The outsiders will use those bad side and their raw assumptions to generalize the fandom as a whole. This dark side includes Immature people, weak people, controversy, and (sorry) cloppers to nuke the hell out of us.

Wish we can oppress these people, except cloppers, they should lay low for a while, I think.

Take a look at the earlier posts. Just having negative members or niches doesn't make a fandom unhealthy, being unable to discuss them does.