Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Steel Accord

Humanity is imperfect. Ignorance, an archetypal characteristic of any imperfect being or society, is one of the fundamental forces behind evil and hatred. The only reasons one can have for choosing anger, jealousy, hatred, vitriol, and so on are inherently flawed, misguided, and ignorant. Whatever one's reasons for remaining ignorant are, all these behaviors share a common aspect: destruction. Destruction of the self, of others, or both. 

The brony fandom is a human construct, so it shares the same flaws. As ironic as it is that anyone in a fandom for a show that advocates harmony and love would maintain a dark and destructive path in life, doing so is very easy when ignorance is considered. And I'm not just pointing a finger at others, I am guilty of this myself. I am not perfect either. There are times when I have been ignorant, jealous, angry, cruel, and so on. But I try to improve myself as a person, I try to do what is right and to learn from my mistakes. 

That being said, while the brony fandom like any other human construct is flawed, it is one of the best experiences I have ever had, and continue to have. People in the brony fandom, and especially people on this website, are far more kind, reasonable, and tolerant than many other people you will encounter online or in person. There are some negative individuals, yes, but the good far outweighs the bad.

I hope that the more negative and angry members of the fandom will come to see what messages are being communicated in the show, and listen to them.

Unfortunately, it is often far easier to go down a flawed and shallow path that results in destruction of the self or others masked by a flawed sense of well-being and strength. It is far harder to go down a path of honesty, with the self and others. A path of kindness, laughter, generosity, loyalty, and unity. A path that will not always be easy or comfortable, but a path that will grow and fortify the self while loving and helping others. 

It is up to each individual to determine what is more important to them: doing what is easy, or doing what is right.

• Brohoof 4

Okay, so firstly... sorry to be naive, but what are analysis bronies (and/or what is the analysis in and of itself)?  I'm intrigued, kind of.

Secondly, I support the previously posted idea that bronies should at least try to follow the "love and tolerance" rule of thumb.  With that being said, some people just won't.  However, the problems occur when the mean-ness goes back and forth.  That's why I will sometimes try to be the pacifist/mediator of such [arguments/what-have-you's relating to being mean] things.  Lastly, people should try to agree to disagree more often.

To end, I will post something that I often post as the ending phrase of my post: To each his own.

• Brohoof 2

Some ponies can get real mean when they see a Princess/Alicorn OC. This drives me nuts...it's not your character, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

• Brohoof 1

I rarely see mean bronies. I can only remember 1 I met last month online. All I've seen is people who hate ponies both in real life and on certain sites I go on (funnyjunk) Pretty much every brony I ever met has been at the very least, decent. Maybe Im just not looking hard enough. Not that I would want to meet any.  :huh:

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so firstly... sorry to be naive, but what are analysis bronies (and/or what is the analysis in and of itself)?  I'm intrigued, kind of.

Secondly, I support the previously posted idea that bronies should at least try to follow the "love and tolerance" rule of thumb.  With that being said, some people just won't.  However, the problems occur when the mean-ness goes back and forth.  That's why I will sometimes try to be the pacifist/mediator of such [arguments/what-have-you's relating to being mean] things.  Lastly, people should try to agree to disagree more often.

To end, I will post something that I often post as the ending phrase of my post: To each his own.

Analyses bronies are bronies that analyze the show and community. People like Saberspark, Silverquill, and KimPossible.

You might not always agree to what they are saying in particular, but their usually have sound opinions and usually make something of a show of their videos.

Well, it's true that no one is perfect. I feel like no matter what group, community, fandom, etc. it is, there are all kinds of people. It's impossible for everyone to agree with everything, so naturally there is going to be some conflict. All I can say really is that you know what your opinions are, and if you make others happy in stating them, there is always someone who won't be happy. Regardless though, I think that the important thing to remember is that you should express yourself how you want, if it doesn't cause conflict, you must be doing something right, yeah? I don't really care for negativity myself, but eh, I suppose it's part of life, we just have to live on and enjoy all the good things there are :)

But I mean shouldn't we try? I know it's not realistic to expect that we are all going to unanimously agree on everything, but don't we owe it to ourselves and each other to say that when we can't agree we can at least let the other to be free to live and let live?

agreed. But regardless, this is probably the best community I've seen in general. Am overwhelming majority of people are sensible. I mean,just compare it with YouTube.

Brohoof.com

One of the meanest communities with admins out there. Their motto for people who get banned, or suspended is "Love and tolerance is not given, it's earned". What the hell? Am I the only one that thinks that is total BS, and if anyone goes by those standards, they are total jerks? Love and tolerance IS given out, for those who are misunderstood, or hurt, etc. Sometimes a little love and tolerance is what a mean person needs, or a wrong person, because can't we all agree that deep down we are all truly good people? If you want a example from the show, Babs is a great one! So, what happens to someone who isn't a nice person, do we just act like total dicks back to them until they 'earn' our love and respect? That's not how it works, THIS is how it works:

golden-do-unto.gif

Treat people the way YOU want to be treated! When all bronies can understand that, we'll be a pure community, though that will never happen.

Edited by Star-Lord
  • Brohoof 1

You wanna see the dark side of this fandom? You wanna see the most brutal, judgmental bronies out there? Simple. Join the "Bronies/Pegasisters United" page on Facebook. Please, just go take look, you can leave it any time. In the description it pretty much says that it's actually intended for meaner Bronies.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really concern myself with "mean Bronies". They are people, just like the rest of us, and I feel obligated to treat every person with love and toleration respect. The MLP fandom is superior to many in terms of bullying and trolling, but it's far from free of it. The people here are all just people who like a TV show. That is the one major thing they have in common. From there, everything else about them can vary.

Hating or judging someone because of what a similar person has done or said is not always right, but it's not something we can prevent, either. There will always be support for (using the example in the original post) pony analysis videos and there will always be those who hate it. There are mean people out there, and many of them are in the pony community. There is no denying that. Marking them off as jerks and nothing more just means that we, too, group people together and judge them negatively. I mean, everyone does. No one is perfectly likable, and no one entirely hate-worthy, and people are going to express their opinions about each other. There is no way to avoid meaner people entirely. I think it's best to treat them kindly and respect their opinions. Theirs are no better than our own.

• Brohoof 3

Brohoof.com

One of the meanest communities with admins out there. Their motto for people who get banned, or suspended is "Love and tolerance is not given, it's earned". What the hell? Am I the only one that thinks that is total BS, and if anyone goes by those standards, they are total jerks? Love and tolerance IS given out, for those who are misunderstood, or hurt, etc. Sometimes a little love and tolerance is what a mean person needs, or a wrong person, because can't we all agree that deep down we are all truly good people? If you want a example from the show, Babs is a great one! So, what happens to someone who isn't a nice person, do we just act like total dicks back to them until they 'earn' our love and respect? That's not how it works, THIS is how it works:

img-2958248-1-golden-do-unto.gif

Treat people the way YOU want to be treated! When all bronies can understand that, we'll be a pure community, though that will never happen.

The golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you) doesn't work. How would you like to meet a masochist who did unto others as he would have them do unto him? Or a worshipper of the crocodile God who craves the honor of being thrown alive into the pit? Even the Samaritan who started the whole thing... what made him think that the man he found lying on the roadside wanted oil poured on his wounds? What if the man was using those quiet moments to heal himself spiritually, enjoying the challenge of it? Even if the rule was changed to "Do unto others as they want to be done to", we can't know how anyone but ourselves wants to be done to. What the rule means, and how we apply it honestly, is this: "Do unto others as you TRULY feel like doing unto others". Meet a masochist with this rule, and you do not have to flog him with his whip simply because that is what he would want you to do unto him. Nor are you required to throw the worshipper of the crocodiles.

Your post was otherwise accurate, and I liked it. Everyone may heed what I say, or no one may, it doesn't affect me. I thank you for this opportunity to share my philosophy, and apologize for any mistakes I made.

Have a good day (if that is what you wish).

The golden rule (do unto others as you would have them do unto you) doesn't work. How would you like to meet a masochist who did unto others as he would have them do unto him? Or a worshipper of the crocodile God who craves the honor of being thrown alive into the pit? Even the Samaritan who started the whole thing... what made him think that the man he found lying on the roadside wanted oil poured on his wounds? What if the man was using those quiet moments to heal himself spiritually, enjoying the challenge of it? Even if the rule was changed to "Do unto others as they want to be done to", we can't know how anyone but ourselves wants to be done to. What the rule means, and how we apply it honestly, is this: "Do unto others as you TRULY feel like doing unto others". Meet a masochist with this rule, and you do not have to flog him with his whip simply because that is what he would want you to do unto him. Nor are you required to throw the worshipper of the crocodiles.

Your post was otherwise accurate, and I liked it. Everyone may heed what I say, or no one may, it doesn't affect me. I thank you for this opportunity to share my philosophy, and apologize for any mistakes I made.

Have a good day (if that is what you wish).

Yes. It's obvious there is a few rare exceptions to the rule. It's the general idea that counts

All that work and he says "yes, it's obvious".

Good day, sir.

*She, *Ma'am

The least you could do is get that right.

The work was unnecessary, it felt rant-y. It's not my fault you wrote a paragraph about something that is common sense.

Edited by Star-Lord

*She, *Ma'am

The least you could do is get that right.

The work was unnecessary, it felt rant-y. It's not my fault you wrote a paragraph about something that is common sense.

Is "Lord" not a title bore by Men? I'm sorry, I thought that was obvious

It's from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Look, I'm sorry that it sounded like a rant, it wasn't, I assure you. It just ticked me off that you said it's common sense. Sorry about all of this, and if there is any place to fight, it's not this forum.

And yeah, I know GotG, I have read many of the comics and love them. The movie was pretty good too.

/)?

• Brohoof 2

I think it's impossible for any fandom to be perfect, as humans, perfect is an idea, but not really an achievable goal, nothing can truly be perfect when it comes to humanity, we just have to accept that.

It doesn't mean perfection shouldn't be something to strive for, but we as humans cannot really achieve perfection.

That said, while bronies like any other group are not perfect by any means, I do find that this fandom tends to be much kinder, or atleast more accepting and understanding.

Many situations that would have ended in bloody internet flame wars, have ended with relatively and surprisingly peaceful responses, which warms my heart to see.

Some may consider me overly kind and optimistic at times, or too soft and loving, and maybe it's true, who knows, it all depends how you look at it I suppose.

I usually tend to be respectful of people and others opinions as much as I can. Even when stating my opinion many times I remind others that it is my opinion, because I realize my opinion is not fact, but simply opinion.

Maybe to some I get to positive and loving around others here, and maybe it's true, again I suppose it's how you look at it, but I do get attached to people here, and I care for many many of the individuals here on the forums.

As far as "mean bronies" go, I have hardly personally see many who I would call mean bronies, honestly everyone is capable of being mean, or getting out of hand, or letting this emotions get the best of them, and saying some things that could be considered mean. Nobody is perfect again. I've said things I regret here, and I imagine many have as well.

But honestly I don't believe that people are fully evil, I believe everyone has good, or good intentions, they may have different opinions and ways of doing what they believe right, but I don't believe anyone specifically is born evil. Call me overly optimistic, but I like to think everyone has a good reason for what they do, whether they are misguided, confused, emotionally affected, whatever it may be. I try my best to look at why others would do what they do, instead of thinking they are mean or whatever.

Hopefully that makes some sense, it's a little hard for me to explain myself, and you don't have to agree, maybe I am to optimistic at times, but that is how I tend to try and think of others. Of course I am not perfect at it, and don't always follow this, but I strive for it.

Overall, the fandom is pretty kind and respectful of each other, compared to other groups, and when considering how many bronies there are, the bad apples in the bunch are quite few, and I don't believe they spoil the bunch unless we let them.

Once again all my opinions, hopefully I explained things good enough, and sorry for rambling :P

I'm not mean but I can be borderline to it considering how I express my opinions that are usually against the majority of people's opinions or views of things, but I'm not very brutal about it and actually avoid that unless someone is being an ass.