Banner by ~ NomadSpellbrush

Can someone explain Pony Waifus to me?

The "word" comes from anime fans. Japanese is based entirely on syllables so when you say English words in a Japanese accent you get lots of extra vowels so wife=ワイフ=waifu.

• Brohoof 1

OMG the naïveté of my post in this thread! I was a Brony fetus! Also wow some of those names jogged memories. 

• Brohoof 1

As a brony with 3 pony waifus, I can safely say that it really stems from the overall character, like how they act and their personality. 

Cadence is my waifu because of her whole character that surrounds love. 

Gilda is my waifu because although she had a rough start, things turned out well and she had this sweeter side of her. 

Spitfire is my waifu because yes her personality changed, I just like how cool she acts, how down to earth she is. 

Another dead thread fresh off the grave. Let's try to take it down with my truth shotgun.

I think it has to do with learning to love yourself, and gradually accepting others into your life. That seems to be core issue with people having exclusively ideal or imaginary relationships. Also, there is generally one or many types of trauma involved. And they may be very serious, to the point the person may feel this is the only way they can feel loved. It is important to remind that they are always loved and sustained in their process of healing and personal growth.

Badges

• 1 month later...

The origin of waifu is from Anime, I think. I am not sure. But it is basically saying that the ponies are Anime, and you want them as wives?

Badges