Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Mlp started having 11 minute episodes?

Moved to Elsewhere

All right,  what if mlp started having episodes be 11 minutes long, so there would be 2 episodes in one week. The good thing about it is that there would be more episodes of pony per week but the bad thing is that they might be even more rushed.

So what do you thing?

(edited)

Well just because the episodes are 11 minutes long doesn't mean there'll be 2 a week like the Cartoon Network shows (Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO! also Clarence) they only have 1 new episode per week it would actually be a bad thing and the lesson in friendship would be cut short so I don't think that would be a good idea. 

Edited by PokeBolter
  • Brohoof 2

Well just because the episodes are 11 minutes long doesn't mean there'll be 2 a week like the Cartoon Network shows (Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Teen Titans GO! also Clarence) they only have 1 new episode per week it would actually be a bad thing and the lesson in friendship would be cut short so I don't think that would be a good idea. 

And this channel isn't Cartoon Network. Besides, CN used to do 2 episodes a week.

• Brohoof 1

Nope nope nope

I like what we have now. 11 minutes provides less time to create depth in each episode. Getting 2 episodes a week wouldn't be worth if if the quality of each episode goes down.

• Brohoof 4

There are plenty of shows that have done the 11 minute thing well. Ed' Edd 'n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The PowerPuff girls. Plenty of older Cartoon Network shows gave us two 11 minute episodes that were great most of the time.

However, I don't think it would work for this show. The stories and the morals need a bit more development. Sometimes even the current 22 minute ones feel a bit rushed. The show is fine as it is, let's not mess with it like that.

• Brohoof 3

Maybe I should re word myself, I meant that there would be some episodes that are 11 minutes and some that are 22 minutes.

That could actually work due to I know Tiny Toons was like that except for the 11 minute episodes would have to be just like mini episodes with no friendship values whatsoever.

(edited)

nope.avi

All the 11 minute cartoons become or already are crappy. I don't want this show to become crappy. If they tried to compile everything a normal length episode would have into an 11 minute one, my mind would probably just not understand what I had just watched XD

--EDIT--

Okay, maybe there can be some exceptions, but if they were trying to go after the traditional style they are known for and compress it into 11 minutes, that would just not be very compatible.

Edited by Krenton

Nuh uh, the shows quality may go down if the format switched to this because it wouldn't give as much time to flesh certain things out that need to be. I suppose it could be made up slightly with more two parters but then again what would the point be?

No thanks.

Maybe for light, comedic stories that don't need much time/depth, but I prefer a full story.

They might try that some time for "just for fun" stories, but right now it ain't broke, so don't fix it.

No...this show isn't like most other cartoons because it has a story and depth rather than just nonsense. Keeping the quality that endeared MLP:FiM to us in the first place would be hard to maintain if the time they told the story in was cut in half :D

• Brohoof 6

It would probably seem very one-dimensional and lack a lot of serious depth if that were to be the case. We wouldn't know as much about the history of Equestria, Applejack's parents, Nightmare Moon, etc... if it wasn't for the show being as long as it is. So no. I wouldn't be happy if they were cut in half and rushed more. It wouldn't be worth waiting for every Saturday morning  :(

All right,  what if mlp started having episodes be 11 minutes long, so there would be 2 episodes in one week. The good thing about it is that there would be more episodes of pony per week but the bad thing is that they might be even more rushed.

So what do you thing?

You mean like how they broadcast Arthur?

• Brohoof 1

Thinking about it, an 11 minute episode fits better for shows that aren't meant to be that deep or not meant to have a lot of continuity like Spongebob. Also, mlp is known to have some rushed episodes so imagine how even more rushed it would be

• Brohoof 1