Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

sweetie bloom

19 users have voted

1. 1. Is Celestia a Troll?

• Yes. She pretends she is all sweetness & light, but she is a hypocrite, it is all show
    • No. She is a wise & just ruler

@@Pinkamena-Pills,

Ha, ha, very funny

Thank you though for treating my post somewhat seriously though. 

You're welcome.

Look guys,its fun to think Celestia as a troll,but wouldn't that just be not only cruel to the people who look up to her,but also dangerous to all of equestria?

Celestia's decisions may be questionable at times,but shes no troll.  -_-

e29.gif

i think the only time she ever trolled anyone was when she only send Twilight 2 tickets to the GGG KNOWING twilight has 5 friends.

When sending an invitation for someone to join you at a party or social event, it is consider polite to give them two tickets, one for them and one for a friend or date.

More she knows what the Gala is like, having gone many times as the years go by, and likely would know that most of Twilight's friends would not truly enjoy going to the Gala because she would have some understanding of what sort of ponies they are.

When sending an invitation for someone to join you at a party or social event, it is consider polite to give them two tickets, one for them and one for a friend or date.

More she knows what the Gala is like, having gone many times as the years go by, and likely would know that most of Twilight's friends would not truly enjoy going to the Gala because she would have some understanding of what sort of ponies they are.

i usually end up getting anywhere from 4-8 tickets from my friend for free...although he is usually performing at the show haha pays to know local artists 

(edited)

That's quite the defense there.

I figure since Twilight din't instantly ask for 5 more tickets like she should have and then asked her friends whether they wanted to go or not to the GGG,Celestia just figured she only needed two(for her and Spike) lol

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills

(edited)

When in the show did she troll exactly?

Sighs, takes deep breath

Princess Celestia... is not... a... TROLL!!!!!

I agree, she just sometimes doesn't make the best decisions. Edited by Blobulle

The only moment of trolling I can recall was when she had trickes the Cakes with that little tea gag.

Beyond that, no. She is not a troll.

(edited)

The only moment of trolling I can recall was when she had trickes the Cakes with that little tea gag.

Beyond that, no. She is not a troll.

Yet I would not call that trolling, it was merely a case of Prncess Celestia trying to diffuse a tense situation. A small act and a bit of humor telling the Cakes it was okay to relax.

What happened in nowhere near what a troll actually is. Which is bring about anger, annoyance, perhaps embarrassment, and even conflict by something they say... more doing do on purpose. Honestly, more like what Discord does.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Sighs, takes deep breath

Princess Celestia... is not... a... TROLL!!!!!

I agree wholeheartedly. A few fanfics were recommended to me that I couldn't get into because of the portrayal of Celestia as a Tyrant or Troll. It is one thing if done as a pure parody (Princess of Eyebrows), but the fact that people prefer to see her as malevolent or indifferent does bother me a little.

I do see her character as fallable at times, and hope they address this in an episode in the future, but she had genuine tears of remorse in Princess Twilight Sparkle! That is not the response of a tyrant or troll.

I also wish that they would give her back her sense of humor we saw at times in Season 1.

"Gotcha!"

Yet I would not call that trolling, it was merely a case of Prncess Celestia trying to diffuse a tense situation. A small act and a bit of humor telling the Cakes it was okay to relax.

What happened in nowhere near what a troll actually is. Which is bring about anger, annoyance, perhaps embarrassment, and even conflict b something they say... more doing do on purpose. Honestly, more like what Discord does.

You have a fair point there. I will concede to you on that.

(edited)

Haha! The ticket master episode is when I got interested in the show. I almost didn't continue after the 2nd episode- I didn't think they were bad, just wasn't really interested.

Anyway I initially thought the show was going to have to do with Celestia making problems for them to work out. The party with Celestia's "sick" bird brought that thought back up for me too. All she had to say is "Please excuse Philomena, shes in the middle of a renewal cycle- it's completely normal and nothing to be concerned about." It did turn out to be a funny episode. Tabitha said she really had a fun time doing the goofy bird noises also.

In the long run, I've come to see Celestia more as just not the brightest. (Stained glass window anyone?)

I think it may just have to do with her old age LOL! ;)

Edited by steve88

• 5 months later...

The big reasons seem to be

1) She imprisoned Luna for 1000 years.  Defense She imprisoned Nightmare Moon, not Luna.  She only did this to save her life & the lives of all of Equestria.  IMO, she knew the only cure for Nightmare Moon was the Elements of Harmony & she set up Twilight to find the Elements.

2) She torments Spike by making him vomit up her letters & in one episode (Return of Harmony?), she sent all Twilight's letters back & made Spike sick.  Defense She sent T's letters back to help T in an extreme emergency.  I'm not sure she has a choice about Spike burping them up.  Any canon on that?

3) She deliberately sent only 2 tickets to Twilight (in Ticket Master) to stir up trouble.  Defense IMO, I'm fairly sure this was a clerical error.  She doesn't do routine matters herself.  She told a secretary, "send Twilight some tickets."  These things are always you & 1 guest.  Some flunky just sent the routine amount.  She didn't know T hadn't gotten enough tickets, & fixed the problem as soon as it was brought to her attention.

4) Lesson Zero, she showed up the second T was overdue & raked everyone over the coals about a minor matter.  Defense  Spike had told her about the problem & she came to help T as soon as she could (I'm not sure how much she has to do to lower the sun, but her royal duties have to come 1st).  I'd bet that misusing mind control spells is NOT a trivial matter, but very serious.  She didn't go after the others, they just came to her & she was as lenient as possible

I'd also point out that, presumably, T knows her better than almost anyone else & she is Scared Half To Death of crossing Princess Celestia in even a trivial matter.  Lesson Zero, Bird in the Hoof, Ticket Master, she always thinks C is going to go postal & is very hesitant to cross her in any way, or ask the most trivial favor

• Brohoof 1

Celestia being "Trollestia" is an internet meme and nobody sane takes that seriously. 

We don't even have to say much. Celestia has many opportunities to "troll" others. Does she use them? Like it was said - Luna was imprisoned when she turned evil, because Celestia have known no other way to solve that problem. 

Spike is not vomiting the letters. I don't see anything except for paper left after he "spits" them out. Besides dragons breath with fire too. Is that tormenting them? I doubt it. Besides if it really was painful I doubt he'd not complain about it. Unless Rarity asked him for that of course :lol:

She probably assumed Twilight would take Spike. Besides she fixed the problem like it was pointed out. If she was troll she'd just leave Twilight with problem unsolved. 

Celestia showed up to know what happened in that episode. She had no idea what is happening with Twilight and there were no consequences for that as well. 

I think we should stop acting like internet memes belong to canon. That way Molestia too would be canon and I doubt anyone wants that. 

• Brohoof 3

Celestia is not a troll..  :maud:

Let's realize something: Celestia is controlled by the narrative. The narrative is controlled by the writers. So, if you believe Celestia is a "troll", than you must then deduce that the staff is also, because they animated & provided audio for Celestia to troll Equestria. If you believe the staff purposefully created Celestia to be a troll, then you just might be trolling yourself:maud:

• Brohoof 1

post-26413-0-81147200-1417780103_thumb.jpg

"You've got to be kidding me."

post-26413-0-12337400-1417780413_thumb.jpg

"First off, people still think of this meme? Didn't it like die down a while ago?"

post-26413-0-65557300-1417781067_thumb.jpg

"Secondly- you know what?"

post-26413-0-21349000-1417781124_thumb.jpg

"I'm not even going to argue about this."

post-26413-0-63151500-1417781184_thumb.jpg

"Just read what everyone else has to say against this."

post-26413-0-72592300-1417781233_thumb.jpg

"They basically said everything for me."

post-26413-0-25378500-1417781289_thumb.jpg

"And that's all I gotta say about that."

Edited by GhostlyWritings