Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did MLP open your mind to other girl's shows?

RainbowMau

(edited)

I know that FiM isn't focused to be as girly as another past MLP generations, but did it change the way you see the girls' shows?

I honestly was already open to them much before FiM was aired, I used to watch girls' animes like Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Mirmo Zibang, Tokyo Mew Mew and others and I loved them, and in Western animation I add WITCH, Winx Club and the last two generations of Strawberry Shortcake (of course the current one is not as musical as the previous one) I currently also sometimes watch Lalaloopsy, though I liked Lala-Oopsies movie more (which BTW is aired in the same channel as MLP here)

However MLP opened my mind in some way, and I give them a chance even more than before.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 1

Not particularly. I watched cartoons before that and I still don't particularly like most girl's shows. I think the reason I caught on is because they're horses. If they had of been people I probably wouldn't like it half as much.

• Brohoof 1

Not really. I watched cartoons that were classified as girl shows long before I watched My Little Pony, I wasn't exactly against gender-based shows anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Actually, no. I've always held story above all when it comes to entertainment, and one of the earlier "girl shows" I partook in was W.I.T.C.H. It was actually a pretty well thought out show and it didn't rely too heavily on the girly side of it to tell a good story. 

Not entirely. I was into Powerpuff Girls and I liked Sailor Moon when it was shown (and was teased for both at times), so no.

(edited)

I already am a girl, so I was pretty open even before I watched MLP. However, I don't watch that many other shows anymore, but it's not because I don't like shows for girls. MLP is probably one of the best I've seen though.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It did, but I was watching preschool-aimed shows before MLP. It was a gradual shift from the by-the-numbers sitcoms Nick and Disney were gurgling up in the 2010s to what, for me, was like a renaissance of gentle and way less cynical kids' shows, girly or otherwise gender-neutral. 

Edited by Sasoriman

MLP opened my mind to watching MLP and that's it. All my current favorites could probably qualify as "girls' cartoons" if you wanted to assign a gender to them for some reason, but I got in to them because they're just really good.

Not really. I’m no stranger to more girly forms of media way before ponies. MAYBE being more open to more cutesy forms of media is more accurate :dash: (like Hamtaro. I’m still beating myself for not watching it once I found out they are voiced by ponies. All because I was an edgelord brat :dry:)

I've always watched mix media and never really seen media for boys/girls even as a kid. I grew up on the 90's X-men,  batman,  superman,  and other forms on Saturday morning.  I will watching something if its my brain and I like it. :orly: 

• 3 weeks later...

I have always been into good shows, no matter if they are for girls or not.

But.... No, I haven't found another girl show that I like quite as much as MLP. (I am not constantly looking for shows either)