Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lauren Faust says "......."

Cirrus.

???

Those Monster High knockoffs are toys too, you know. And just like with the core show, the toys look worse than the show/movie designs.

My point was that saying that the rest of MLP Hasbro toys sucking probably had nothing to do with why Lauren had that reaction. Since the toys have never been very good, it's probably just the fact that Lauren was disappointed they went that direction with a spinoff.

Not sure what you meant by "Those Monster High Knockoffs are toys too". A knockoff is still a toy, of course, even if it is of lesser quality.

My point was that saying that the rest of MLP Hasbro toys sucking probably had nothing to do with why Lauren had that reaction. Since the toys have never been very good, it's probably just the fact that Lauren was disappointed they went that direction with a spinoff.

And the fact that these toys suck butt as well had absolutely nothing to do with the reaction... If it didn't she would've posted a picture of the 2D designs, not of the toys.

---

The direction of EqG is this: Same characters, different enviroment.

(edited)
And here's the big shocker, guys - the official MLP Hasbro toys always kinda sucked.

Everyone knows the toys have always sucked, but her reaction has to do with the sexist designs. One of the biggest problems with these toys is its conformation to the very mindset that the only way to attract tween girls is to create a doll-line that ripped off Monster High, Barbie, and Bratz (each notorious for using an antifeminist template of females).  Faust is a proud feminist who knows there are many ways to attract the market without conforming to something that goes completely against the main theme of FIM. Unfortunately, the sexism in the MH ripoffs really pissed her off, and rightfully so.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

Everyone knows the toys have always sucked, but her reaction has to do with the sexist designs. One of the biggest problems with these toys is its conformation to the very mindset that the only way to attract tween girls is to create a doll-line that ripped off Monster High, Barbie, and Bratz (each notorious for using an antifeminist template of females).  Faust is a proud feminist who knows there are many ways to attract the market without conforming to something that goes completely against the main theme of FIM. Unfortunately, the sexism in the MH ripoffs really pissed her off, and rightfully so.

Well, sure. The dolls suck, that's a fact. But McCarthy & Co. tried super-hard to avoid the sexist stereotypes in the actual movie. Besides the designs, what kind of "sexist" behaviour was even in the movie? The one little thing I can think of is Flash Sentry. Again - he didn't even get a large role in the film.

But besides that... what was there? The Fall Formal Princess contest? No, not really. No one was interested in that besides TS & SS. And did they want the title for the sake of being the prettiest princess in the school? Nope, they wanted the Crown - SS so she could conquest Equestria, TS so she could protect it. There was one more character intrested in that, but a year prior - Rarity. But that's Rarity! She loves that kind of stuff, even... no, especially in the show.

And how did Twilight become the FF Princess? By uniting everyone in the school. Basically - by showcasing what a great person she was, not on the outside but inside. (this is getting sappy... :P)

So if anyone can point out any sexist behaviour (besides Rarity & Flash Sentry mentioned above), please do.

---

Now, the designs. First - the ones in the actual movie. I really don't know how people got the "sexist" vibe from them. If they ARE sexist, then this is as well:

Milky_Way_And_The_Galaxy_Girls.jpg

(Ps.: It isn't)

---

Now - the dolls. Riddle me this. How would the Galaxy Girls toys would've looked like if Hasbro or any large toy company, really, got their hands on the license. Yeah.

---

tl;dr - the movie isn't sexist, the dolls are. Blame the guilty Hasbro department. DHX is pure.

• Brohoof 3

I can understand if she's displeased if EG was made instead of her Galaxy Girls. While I don't mind that much, from a point of view of a developer like her, it's pretty awful, not to mention that it hurts morally too  :(

About the dolls designs..... I don't care, I don't buy dolls anyway  :lol:

I kinda like the toys, and I plan on buying on when I get enough moolah for one (or a whole set of 'em!).

But I do see that this would upset Fraust-Sama, because of her philosophy that 'There are many ways of being a girl, and none of them are wrong'.

.....I'm kinda iffy on the whole Equestria thing, but at least it got me into the franchise (YES, this movie made me watch MLP and got me into the fandom).

Can't believe this is happening to the mane six

Who in the world made those awful things?

She posted that about a year ago (May '13) so I don't know if they were prototypes or what. All I know is they suck :okiedokielokie:

I think everyone was thinking that. ^^;

Only if Lauren could have more say in MLP anymore!

What difference would that have made? Season 4 was actually REALLY good. There are a bunch of other people that worked on this show besides her. She's gone now and frankly, because of that, I don't exactly care about her opinions overall, not anymore.

• Brohoof 1

I don't blame her for that reaction, I mean the toys are pretty ugly imo, they're very cheap done and they just don't look good.

Then again, seems as though most of MLP toys Hasbro comes out with look crappy.

dot dot dot dot dot dot dot

Here's what she actually wanted to say...

img-2756888-1-srsly__by_pegasusexpress20

Someone else that enjoys that wonderful show? Sean Chiplocks a wonderful voice actor.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I could imagine a "Lauren Faust reacts to: Equestria Girls" and another when Rainbow Rocks gets released. For sure, her reactions will be priceless... :lol:

Edited by Fillypino Pride

>Designs series to show girls that there's more to life than makeup, boys, and impossibly skinny figures...

>Movie / toy line comes out depicting the characters swimming in makeup, crushing on boys, and boasting tummies that resemble drinking straws.

I see her point. :mellow:

>Designs series to show girls that there's more to life than makeup, boys, and impossibly skinny figures...

>Movie / toy line comes out depicting the characters swimming in makeup, crushing on boys, and boasting tummies that resemble drinking straws.

I see her point. :mellow:

Funny that you mention those 3 things.

Rarity_is_ready_S1E16.pngRarity_looking_at_Trenderhoof_photos_S4ERarity_tightening_Twilight%27s_new_cloth

• Brohoof 1

Funny that you mention those 3 things.

Well, all three of those examples are deconstructions, or at least satire of some sort. None of them are played straight, as they are in Equestria Girls.

In the top one, the abundance of makeup was used to show Rarity as vain. As such, it was exaggerated, and the episode's writing even treated her as the antagonist. It's an argument against heavy makeup.

In the middle one, Rarity was portrayed as a fool for going hog-wild for a colt she didn't even know. A sentiment further echoed all the way back in the season 1 finale. It's an argument against puppy love.

And in the bottom one, you can plainly see that Twilight's figure is naturally far more robust than the corset will allow, and that Rarity's trying to force it on her is causing her physical pain. It's an argument against having an impossibly skinny figure.

• Brohoof 3