Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever been shunned or made fun of due to your sexual orientation?

CosmicHooves

Unfortunately, I have seen a situation similar to yours. I went to catholic school a long time ago and people used to get bullied for everything. Race, sex, and what they liked.  I always tried to stand up for what's right but I was also one being bullied for my race (since I'm an Asian) I used to see people get in trouble by the teachers for no reason and I myself got suspended 2 times because I wasn't liked by many people. Unfortunately Catholicism has a bad out look on homosexuality if you read the old testament they used to get really cruel punishments. I being a catholic myself do not care what sexuality you are. I may be born a South Korean but I was raised an  American. I do not judge you by the color of your skin, sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, or who your father was. I judge you by the context of your heart and who you are.        

• Brohoof 2

Nope, never. Well, not that I know of at least.

You see my school has such a great bunch of people in it, I don't think there are many people in it who would care, honestly. And I don't really go around and tell people that I'm into both bread and hotdogs, only my friends know about it cause they asked. It's not that I am scared of telling people or anything, I just don't see the reason to tell everyone your sexuality without them asking for it.

let me rephrace that:

I don't see the reason to tell your sexuality if people aren't asking for it ..unless you're looking for some fun post-1052-0-19261700-1419041456.gif

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

People made fun of me for like two years straight cuz they thought I was gay. I just like some girly things, I don't see why that's bad. Didn't see how that made me gay, or why being gay was a bad thing because my brother is gay and it looked like a normal thing that happens. Although they immediately stopped when I admitted I had severe depression. You are completely shunned and judged if you bully a kid with depression and their image was to important to them. Easiest way to get out of bullying.

Yes my best friend actually, I told him I was bi and he said "I don't hang out with faggots" And walked away and never talked to me since, which was about 4 years ago. And I was never accepted by that middle school again, he told everyone and they made fun of me. Even my brother....And I transfered and I finished 8th grade, and in my highschool not yet, my new best friend knows and hes cool with it, and a lot of friends who are girls accept me for it as well.

Love and Sexually Orientation is meaningless in the grand scheme off the universe.

Just think of this; When Earth is dyeing and you invented a cool rocket ship off of the planet, you can laugh at them all you want as Earth slowly burns. And then you can create a new space colony that is based on the ideals of equality and acceptance.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure what my sexuality is.  Most of the time I think it's gay but I'm not so sure, I would really like to have a girlfriend at some point though.  Anyways, this one time I was reading a book and this guy comes up.  Here I thought reading a book in public meant, "Go away," or, "Do not disturb."  He randomly starts talking to me and asks if I had a boyfriend, I said no.  Unfortunately, in my annoyance at being disturbed I added to that, "Nor will I ever be interested."  For the rest of my time at that college, I was referred to as, "The fag."  People would say as they passed me, "Oh hey there's the fag."  I'd hear it whenever I walked around on campus.  A group of guys would yell to me, "Hey Faggot!"  Whenever I passed, even though I talked to security about this, it still continued.  It made my school life difficult and along with having depression/anxiety and psychosis, it made things even worse.  People wouldn't talk to me, some people looked at me as if I were a leper and would avoid me, it made me feel isolated.  It's why I'm not going to school right now, it was too much for me to handle.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

No, because I've never mentioned how I'm bi anywhere but here on MLP Forums. Also....referring to the OP, nice to see another Christian who's bisexual. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I’ve been called homophobic by some overly sensitive LGBT with no education. Don’t worry, I’m not. 

19 minutes ago, TBD said:

I’ve been called homophobic by some overly sensitive LGBT with no education. Don’t worry, I’m not. 

Obviously you're not homophobic. If you really were you likely would have shunned me for loving men more than women a long time ago in the Forum Games.

Not shunned or made fun of, I've actually been discriminated against. Not in real life, but online, countless times. Heck, I was discriminated against for not being gay (At the time I was pan) once. Seriously, LGBT hate exists even in the LGBT community. I've also been discriminated once by somebody claiming to be an openly bisexual person on a forum, that then tried to act like he wasn't discriminating me and others in the community, but the lies he was telling in the process were absolutely ridiculous (not saying more specifics, because drama might ensue). :dry: I've even been called homophobic in my time, for making reasonable points saying that the community as a whole needs to be less tolerant of the people making it look bad.

But, I've been called a "fag" a fair share of times, and it's become perhaps the only word that I've actually come to actively think is not okay. Not saying I want to censor, but I am saying that the word has a LOT of bad history behind it, and 99 times out of 100 it's used as an insult with the intent of hurting people. 

Edited by Dustlicious

Oh sure. Plenty of times. Mainly online since anyone can easily be a bully there. Taken my share of insults for "presumably being gay" (I'm bi fwiw) for liking MLP and been called many transphobic slurs in my time too. At this point though, I've stopped giving a shit. I can't be arsed to get bothered by every toolbag who calls me a tranny or a fag. I just roll my eyes and move on, block them or give them a "<3" in response. The last one really pisses some people off. xD

Edited by The Historian

Yeah, sometimes I guess. I guess I would identify as asexual or bisexual because I personally have no internet in sex or anything like that. Have I been made fun of for it before? Yeah. Do I care? No.