Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What weapon would you take into battle?

Bronychan1214

I don't know much about weapons so,

Close Range: The Spy's Your eternal reward for instant-kill backstabs (and the ability to cloak and instantly disguise as that person)

Medium Range: AK-47, because why not?

Long Range: The Sniper's Stock Rifle

I would prefer to take something non-lethal, personally my weapon of choice would be a Steel Baton to knock out my opponents.

Either that, or if I want to go lethal, I would bring a Katana, Katana's are sick and do damage easily.

Hm, I'm going to have to say either a maul, a pike or a crossbow. Hammers are great because they have a lot of weight behind them and basically ignore armour because they just smash through it, hence why the started to become popular on medieval battlefields after plate mail became common.

Melee: Excalibur. You so much as even get scratched by this beast, you're dead. If we go by FFI logic, then it does the full spectrum of elemental damage, and has a massive bonus against all creature types. Best sword, son!

Ranged: SOL Orbital Strike Cannon. That counts as ranged right? I mean, it's firing a giant laser from space, so I'm pretty sure that counts. If things ever get hairy or you're fighting a super-powered psychic teenager that has the ability to cause a World War, this thing has got your back.

hmm...weapons? i prefer a long keris(our traditional weapon like dagger) for melee, a shield that can charge and blast rainbeam for protection and quick clearing and a sniper rifle(any model as long as it works in silent) for range. *i hope mine doesn't sound too marry sueish*  :muffins:

Sniper rifles seem to be the mainly favored weapon here (if not Japanese style weapons), but in reality it's generally difficult to shoot far range. There is the factor of bullet drop, wind speed, and other environmental effects that go into shooting someone, say, a kilometer away – it's not like just aiming at someone's head and "bang", like in typical FPSes. Also, sniper rifles, especially anti-material ones, are extremely heavy, so snipers in the military need to have high endurance and steadiness.

Also, katana aren't more versatile than other swords. It's STILL a sword and it's still made of steel. People erroneously believe that it's absurdly sharp and cuts through anything. The Chinese Jian, small swords, sabres, and scimitars are just as good for dueling; though I suggest you actually get taught by a skilled swordman teacher.

• Brohoof 1

A double edged kukri that can be tossed as a boomerang. A bow. With magical returning flaming arrows. Rainbow Dash.

Mr. Toots.

Red-Faction-Armageddon-Mr.-Toots.jpg

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The invisiwatch from tf2

The usp-s from CS:GO

My switchblade :3

post-25342-0-89072400-1404922601_thumb.jpg

post-25342-0-71827300-1404922623_thumb.jpg

and a thing where I can take anyones form

and my intelligence~

For fun purposes Telekinesis!

And assuming I had any training with this I would go with the 3D manuvering gear from attack on titan!!!!!!!!

Edited by Tetris3d

(edited)
Also, sniper rifles, especially anti-material ones, are extremely heavy, so snipers in the military need to have high endurance and steadiness.

Yeah - just look at the one they have in Fallout: New Vegas. That thing has a weight of flippin' 20! Meanwhile, its closest energy weapon equivalent, the Gauss Rifle, has a weight of 7.

That reminds me - I'd also be partial to the YCS/186:

uh5tdmG.jpg

Excuse the poor condition of the weapon - I don't have the Jury Rigger perk yet.

Edited by SirHandMan

These bad boys straight out of The Legend Of Korra.

Mecha_tanks.png

Gigantic piloted robots of death made out of solid platinum with the ability to use cables filled with great electrical impulses to render someone unconscious.

Plus I can just charge at someone and beat the ever loving s*** out of them easily.

It would be oh so satisfying to do so.

Yeah - just look at the one they have in Fallout: New Vegas. That thing has a weight of flippin' 20! Meanwhile, its closest energy weapon equivalent, the Gauss Rifle, has a weight of 7.

That reminds me - I'd also be partial to the YCS/186:

img-2828019-1-uh5tdmG.jpg

Excuse the poor condition of the weapon - I don't have the Jury Rigger perk yet.

You can expect an anti-material rifle to weigh AT LEAST 10 kilograms, not including the bullets. And since a lot of anti-material rifles use .50 caliber bullets (.50 BMG/12.7x99mm or .50 Russian/12.7x108mm), you can still expect a lot of recoil from these rifles. Thankfully, since they ARE heavy, the recoil is somewhat decreased. 

So yeah, it's not going to be easy to carry around a Barrett M82 when it's basically equal to carrying a baby on your back. Not to mention you have to move around with it. While a sniper doesn't necessarily need to carry an anti-material rifle around with him, you still need a lot of endurance. 

And unfortunately, this world isn't Metal Gear Rising, so katanas and other Japanese weapons aren't all powerful. Like I said, they're still swords and other swords are just as effective for fighting. The Satsuma Rebellion, which the Last Samurai was based off of, ] showed that swords were obsolete in modern warfare (if there weren't enough examples of that in the 18th and 19th century), and the samurais ultimately lost to the artillery and guns of the Imperial Japanese Army. 

Today, a knife is more favorable in the military since it's more portable and concealable. Swords are used for ceremonial purposes, if not for the sport. 

• Brohoof 1