Do you like thunderstorms?

NightOwl

Do you like thunderstorms ?  

151 users have voted

1. 1. Thunderstorms, do you like them

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I used to be afraid of thunderstorms. But now it's actually soothing, and seeing cloud to ground lightning is pretty cool. 

Yes it is extremely peaceful I can just fall asleep to it sometimes I don't understand why people don't like them both beautiful and peaceful and quite interesting in that.

Mmhmm. Thunderstorms give the air a haunting, mysterious chill to it. Feels like I'm at peace, yet somehow with a feeling of uneasiness. I love it

• Brohoof 1

Yes, and the lightning and stuff. I don't like it that we have to put towels on some of the windows in my house because our windows are still partially damaged from a storm 10 years ago...

There is this thing with thunderstorms for me, sorta like the same thing I have with raisins. There are points in time where I like them, and then moments where they scare the hell out of me (not the raisins), mainly the thunderstorms in the middle of the night and they wake me up. Overall, I like them more than I dislike them.

When I was younger, I used to be so afraid.. Would hide in the corner or under the blanket whenever it's thundering. But I've learned to love them now.. Thunderstorms calm my soul. *-*  And the thunderstormier it is, the better.

I don't get it.  I just don't get it.  You people are all insane.

I will never understand why everyone in the world seems to think thunderstorms and lightning are fun and awesome.  Yes, sure, lightning looks neat, but it's dangerous and can kill you and fry your electronics.  Sure, storms create cool atmospheres.  In movies.  And games.  But I do not enjoy being in them!  Fire is cool looking to, but I don't want to sit in the middle of a raging conflagration either.

I aplogize for getting a bit whirled up.  My friends on these forums all know that I live in f*cking storm town, or the Pit of Tartarus as I call it.  It sucks.  I hate it more than I can describe.  We get pounded by large, destructive hail and very close, dangerous lightning every god damn day of the summer here.  When I hear everyone else constantly say how much they love storms, and how it makes them feel relaxed or alive or whatnot, it makes me wonder if everyone else is insane, or I'm insane.  The storms are ruining my life.  We're on track to move out of here in a couple of years, thank f*cking god.  I can't get out of this sh*thole soon enough.

Sorry, again.  This is kind of a touchy subject for me, as you can tell.  I respect everyone's opinions.  Just can't figure out why I'm the only one in the world who hates inclement weather.  Don't bother trying to explan it to me, either.  Just don't.

(edited)

@@Justin_Case001

No problem! 

I understand that some people don't like thunder and lightning and I respect their opinions about it because yes, thunderstorms can be dangerous. I would never want anyone to get injured in a storm or anything but still thunderstorms at times can be quite nice and beautiful to look at in my opinion

Also, sorry to hear about your experience with thunderstorms.

Edited by NightOwl
  • Brohoof 1

The more powerful the thunderstorm, the more excited I get. I will never admit it to my husband, but I would like nothing more than to stand in the midst of a storm and take the risk, just for the thrill. But I never do that, I know it's stupid and I don't want him to worry...

Last week I drove through the storm that brought 2 side by side tornado's to Nebraska while pummelling the I-90 corridor all the way to the Mississippi river. I was in Souix Falls SD when I drove into it coming off I-29, with my little Ford Ranger, on my way home from Fargo, ND. I could have easily rented a hotel room or stayed put somewhere until the storm passed, but I let my adventerous nature take hold, and what would have been a 3 hour drive on I-90 home turned into an 8 hour drive through straight lined winds with 80mph gusts, passed multiple overturned semi's and downed trees everywhere. It was so exhilarating! I was scared of course, being in such a light truck with tornado warnings and storm updates on the radio, but I I didn't want the fun to end!

I used to be scared of storms growing up. I remember the emergency weather updates on TV and radio freaked me out. That weird beeping to alert you to a weather update still gives me the heeby-jeebies...

I like watching them if they are somewhat farther away, I have always been a bit sensitive to sudden loud noises, so if lightning strikes close, not my kind of thing.

But they are cool to watch.

I'm fine with them, as long as there's no black-out......

I love thunderstorms! They make my day more interesting and exciting! I actually like blackouts too. Its one of the only times I get to use my candles and stuff, and it makes it feel like I'm some kinda apocalyptic survivor. B)

I put my answer as "unsure."  On the one hand, they certainly are a unique light show.  On the other hand, there's is a good reason people tell you not to stay outside during one.  So as long as I am indoors, I should be able to enjoy them.