Do you like thunderstorms?

NightOwl

Do you like thunderstorms ?  

151 users have voted

1. 1. Thunderstorms, do you like them

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

I heartily enjoy a good thunderstorm, mostly because I don't get to see them enough.

When I was about 6 I remember we were driving out in the central valley & there was a pretty epic lightning storm going off in the distance. I was lucky enough to see some pretty epic chain lightning.

I kinda wish I could relive that moment.

I remember when I was a kid and a bad lightning stroke hit somewhere near the house I was at and it pretty much melted my entertainment center to the floor. I can't recall where the bolt traveled from...but luckily I wasn't home at the time, lol. 

Do I like thunderstorms?  Only if...

I am not stuck outside in one.

It won't cause a power outage.

It's not keeping me awake because I need sleep to go to work the next day. 

Otherwise, they are an awesome natural phenomenon.  I like seeing pretty bolts of electricity light up in the distance and reflect off the billowing storm clouds.  They are violent and yet have this odd sense of peace at the same time.  :) 

• 4 years later...

I LOVE thunderstorms! I've always had a fascination with lightning and thunder, so whenever it's storming you'll often see me running to the nearest window or even outside, to catch a glimpse of lightning. Probably isn't the safest thing to do but hey, I'm a pegasus. What do you expect? :P

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

I love thunderstorms, there's something empowering about all that energy up there.  Though my cat hates them, unfortunately, she hides when the first of the thunder acts up.

I used to be terrified of thunderstorms, especially when they get really loud. I was convinced that lightning would strike one of the giant trees in front of my house and it would fall on the house.

We had a derecho 5 or 6 years ago that knocked over a bunch of trees on my street. That was scary.

Thunderstorms can be really interesting to watch, especially when you are interested into meteorology (some cloud formations are amazing). But I am always happy when a Thunderstorm don't make to much damage. And I hate Thunderstorms when it is night and I want to sleep but can not because of the weather (like the night from Sunday to monday).