Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lack of opposite gender: Does it happen to you?

RainbowMau

(edited)

Have you ever been in rutinaru presence of people or your own gender only? Do you like it or do you feel alone?

In my case I used to have a lot of female friends when I was in school and uni, in fact it's easier for me to make female friends, but now where I work almost all my workmates are men over 40, some of them even hit 70s. I've been having male friends too, but these ones are too conservative and too closed minded and don't even understand my way of thinking and my favorite things to do and don't have the same energy as me, i'ts like having my dad x18, and well, for some reason the lack of female presence makes me feel a little alone :(

Does it happen the same to you? No matter if youre a guy or a girl.

Edited by RainbowMau
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I am generally by myself most of the time so i guess it happens to me by default.  :lol:

Tho personally i would not want to be around a bunch of dudes or even worse 'dude-bros',unless their cool,which in my cases they usually aren't. >_>

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 3

When I first started middle school, I had a deficiency of female friends but they didn't stop me to try and make some. Though, I did hang around with a lot of dudes in elementary school for some reason. So, you are not alone.

I feel a lot more comfortable when I am surrounded by people of my own gender. I'm a girl and the vast majority of my good friends have been girls. I relate to girls more and I find it easier to open up to girls. I've had some notably awesome guy friends, but not very many. It's more difficult for me to relate to guys in a general sense.

I especially have a hard time getting along with men at work. I just don't know what to talk about with them. They talk about sports I don't know about, mention bands I've never heard of, quote bro movies I have never seen... when I talk about the stuff that I like ("girlier" stuff), I get teased. I don't respond well to teasing, and I feel like men and boys communicate with sarcasm or teasing like 75% of the time. It makes me feel weird. So needless to say, I definitely tend to enjoy a more feminine presence.

• Brohoof 4

My circle of friends offline does tend to be largely female (and then you have the true outliers like a dude a few years older than me who was born in Russia and is into guns). At my age, perhaps, boys tend to push girls in the group to the side and cluster together. Thus, female friends.

I do try to talk to the men in my class more, though. I find the natural near even split, where the boys sit on one side of the room and girls sit on the other, slightly unnerving. 

Well, online, I have almost entirely male friends, sans a couple females from here.

Offline, I have mostly female friends at this point in time, mostly because my guy friends and I just drifted apart and I'm pretty effeminate for a Texan male, given I think about other things besides trucks, dipping, and fishing. I've always found it easier to get along with females in my school because A.) they're not all dumb hicks and B.) I'm not trying to get in their pants, and they know that. Of course, the ones that are like the people I wish to avoid I don't hang out with, but I can say (with pride?) that I was the only dude at my lunch table last school year before I decided to move into the hallway to eat lunch because of the peace and quiet it offered :D

• Brohoof 3

The household i live in 

8 females and and 5 males (two of which i rarely talk too and they're just there to help us with problems such as carrying heavy objects plus i don't like them at all they aren't even family members nor friends my uncle just let them live here -_-).

Few years ago we had like 5 females and 2 male (which is my grandpa and uncle) 

I don't like being around dudes unless their in my age or a family member.

In real life, basically all of my friends are girls. I'm not sure why exactly, but in my school everyone pretty much hangs around with their own gender.

Here on the internet, I only know two girls that I would consider my friends. :blink: It's kinda weird being surrounded by my guy friends all the time, but I don't mind it, I really like them. :)

(Basically, I'm saying that a person's gender doesn't matter if I want to be their friend)

(edited)

Hm... Well, all of my bestest of best friends (except for maybe one) have been other girls. I feel more comfortable with girls, even talking about my stereotypically "guyish" interests like video games, which I have a best girlfriend that I talk to about that more than any guys anyway. lol.

Not that I never enjoy being around or being friends with guys. I just find that a lot of them tend to make me feel uncomfortable. Which is what I felt this last week at work with one of my lady coworker friends leaving, and the other calling in sick, leaving me to, during breaks/lunch, have to sit by myself or with some guys that I sometimes talk to. I feel "at home" when I sit with the two friends. It's not entirely a gender matter, but it certainly is to a great extent.

Still, I'm glad where I work is mixed. Some guys are good... Sometimes... But if I had to work with mostly guys, I think I'd go insane. >.< lol

Edited by Envy

(edited)

I don't normally have this issue. My friends are even somewhat, depending on the way that I looks at it. And I'm ok with it. I'd rather hang out with all girls than all guys. It's pretty natural. I don't have a problem with hanging out with guys.

Edited by Star Ruby

(edited)

Well back in grade school most of my friends are guys, but coming in high school, most of my friends are male, I mostly got attached to the girls and learned that they are also fun hanging around, especially this one girl Who i like a lot :P.

Now few years has passed, even though my friends are mostly guys, I would  still choose to friend a girl first because i feel more comfortable hanging around with them, and I realized that tend to have more fun with them and i feel more relaxed talking with them or hanging out with them.

Yes, even though I'm male i still prefer to hang around with girls :P. But to be honest, A friend is a friend no matter how you look at it, be it a guy or a girl they are there to help each other out

Edited by Nihi The Brony
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Well, most of my friends are males, but personality matters more to me than gender.

I'm not really sure if I'd "prefer" to hang around guys or girls, because like Nihi said "a friend is a friend." Although considering my interests in sports and similar I suppose it isn't surprising that I'm friends with mostly guys.

Edited by Star Stripe

Gender, sexual orientation, race, etc. do not matter to me. What matters is their personality, interests, and just how they act overall. I can't stand close-mindedness, bullies, immaturity, snobs, or punk-brat kids/teenagers (and the adults who act like they are still 18).

If we get along, we can be friends. It's as simple as that.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I personally like guy friends more than I do female friends...although I really dislike guys most of the time because of how most of them perceive women as trophies and treat them like temporary amusements. 

I have a lot more female friends than I do male friends to support that matter, but male friends are more honest, and can be x2 better friends!

I don't have a lack of female friends, but what I do lack are male friends. xD

Edited by Princess PeachBlink

50/50 in my case. There are days when I prefer to meet my male friends and then there are days when I'd like to see friend who is girl. Although in real life (and here) I have more friends who are guys. Only problem is that I am generally more shy around girls so that's probably why I have so few female friends in real life. People can be pretty judgemental sometimes and make very big deal of one's shyness ;/ 

I basically have no female influence in my life.  Never have.  All of my friends are male.  Sure, I have a few female aquaintances, such as my friends' wives.  But I've never had any female friends.  This has always been disappointing and upsetting to me, as I often feel like I relate to women more than men.  I often feel more comfortable talking to women as well, though I rarely have the opportunity to do so.  I wish I could have some female friends, but in my circle, I've just never had the opportunity.

I've had some female friends, quite a few of them can be considered tomboys in the classical definition, but not all of them. I need some of that in my life considering we're just a bunch of guys at home (and also my mother, who sometimes struggles with that as you can expect).

Well, growing up, I never really had many friends. Of the few I had, they were mostly male, but I did have some close female acquaintances.

Anymore, though, I have no such friends in real life. Online, however, I tend to bond closer with with females than I do males. In the end, while I am male, I'm a bit more tender than my fellow males. Most males I have met are not into things like video games or 'nerdy' interests.

Honestly, most females I have met are more open and understanding. I had been ridiculed for who I am in certain cases, but the few female friends I made have been understanding.

A lot of times a man could use the female touch on life; if you will.

in fact it's easier for me to make female friends
That's the reason why in Kindergarten I didn't have any guys as friends, but ya I like to have a balance of genders it would happen to me if I was in this giant area with only men, it would feel kind of strange with no women/girls but nothing like Ponyville where there's all girls now that needs more boys, no really first look into Ponyville you see a mare, then you'd see Doctor Hooves. 

My first ever friend was a girl. After that though, most of my friends were male. I just found it easier to get along with most males, and the few experiences I had with female friends other than my first one and another one down the line, all ended up...strange. Gender doesn't necessarily matter to me when I'm looking to be friends with someone, just that I find other males are usually easier to get along with.