Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lack of opposite gender: Does it happen to you?

RainbowMau

Most of the workers around me are male. I think there are only 2 or 3 female workers in my job.. but it doesn't really bother me. Also, all the workers there are around my age anyway so i get along just fine with everyone.

To be completely honest I only know a very few people out of class, and since I kind of had to go to school, I was both surrounded by girls and as well guys. I just had way more girl friends than guy friends, which was totally fine with me, because I felt more comfortable around girls than guys. It's just recently that I've started to regret I didn't spend time to develope a friendship with some guys or open up to them at least. 

I'm gender-blind. c:

I do not mind either, it depends solely on who they are, for me.

This.

I'm female but don't find myself to be overly girly or overly guyish.. so it really depends on who it is.  

for example if I'm around females that are super into hair and make up and boys, I feel uncomfortable.  If I'm around men that are super into sports and women, I also feel uncomfortable.  :P  anyone else is usually fine though. Lucky for me I work with normal people haha.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

This.

I'm female but don't find myself to be overly girly or overly guyish.. so it really depends on who it is.  

for example if I'm around females that are super into hair and make up and boys, I feel uncomfortable.  If I'm around men that are super into sports and women, I also feel uncomfortable.  :P  anyone else is usually fine though. Lucky for me I work with normal people haha.

That sounds like me as well.

Sheesh, you know me more than I know myself. >_> :P

Edited by PathfinderCS

Whether by coincidence or by nature my hobbies and lifestyle don't bring a lot of women into my circle of friends. It also doesn't help that I have very few friends to begin with. I'm not the type who has to have lots of friends and it's very hard for me to get along with most people. Women especially since I happen to run into all of the women who aren't into video games much at all.

C'est la vie.

The ratio of males to females at my university is (or at least was, in past years) roughly 30/70. I think it may have evened out a bit more lately, but it's still mostly chicks. Not overly fond of that, honestly. Largely 'cause i don't know how to......... do............. thing........ around girls. I can relate to guys because, y'know, I mostly tend to be one of them, but I tend to sort of freeze up around girls. And it don't help that I'm single and wish I wasn't, so any time I meet a reasonably attractive girl in one of my classes, I convince myself I'm in love with her. :P

I've always been the kind of person to enjoy a small/medium group of close friends.  Growing up, I had more guy friends than girl, but still a few that were girls.  As I matured, I was able to make that more even, closer to 60% guys and 40% girls (of a small group of close friends *based on the time frame of junior high and high school*).  Now, in college (just finished freshman year this May)... I really only made 2 [more] close friends, one guy, one girl.  Sure, I have a good amount of acquaintances, but making new friends is hard for me.  Or rather, I should say it like: Making new friends is hard because I want my old friends... and, I'm a nostalgic person.

As for the other meaning of the OP - I totally understand.  On the outside I seem like an average 19 yr old country boy: t-shirt and jeans, Ford cap on my head, pretty much always in a good, or at least content mood (see A.J.'s expression in my default pic?).  But, I'm actually a very sensitive person, and so it's hard to find guys that aren't always like "dude you should come lift with me" *eyeroll* ... or girls who think all college boys are only looking for sex, which, I practice abstinence since I'm a Christian, so...  you get the point.

The exception (to my friend making scenario), of course, is that I'm probably not looking hard enough, or even just not seeing possible friend candidates due to my introverted nature.

On a related note, seemingly some would think it to be easier (as a guy) to try to talk to girls about MLP... but I find the opposite to be true.  The close guy friend I spoke of I was able to tell because he's just a computer nerd like me, and is a very nice and understanding fellow.  The friend I made that was a girl, well, I would just be too awkward, embarrassed, scared, etc. to even mention MLP to her.  In all reality she wouldn't be the type to make fun of me, she's a really nice friend, but I can imagine her thoughts on me might go through some crazy alterations.  I can just hear "And you say your a conservative? But you watch MLP."  Not to get politics involved, but I think alot of people - anywhere on the board, right or left - should understand that just because someone leans a little bit, or even more than a little bit to the right, it doesn't mean they're close-minded, it just means they like traditional things.  I love ponies.  In the end, I guess I should start taking the advice we all got from Lion King:  Hakuna Matata.

• Brohoof 1

99% of my friends IRL are guys. I only have one friend that's a girl. She's a tomboy and she's the only girl in my school that's actually friendly. The rest of them are the scum of humanity (they're annoying, they're sluts and they're braindead. I'm not jokin'!).

On this website, most of my friends are guys but there are three females that I'm friends with here.

In general, I feel more comfortable around guys. Mostly because I can relate to them more and on top of that, I get really nervous when I'm around girls (don't judge me :()

Well, I'm female and I think just about all of my friends are male. 

Then with females, I tend to get along best with ones that are braisen, or a bit on the tomboy side of things~ I get along with women with patient and caring personalities also~ but the sassier a lady is, the more I lean towards hopping on the "nope train" for some reason. I think it's because I tend to get judged easily with those types of personalities, and it can drive me nuts at times

When I was a little kid I had mainly female friends. Then as I got older, my friends were primarily male. To this day, I only really have one female friend. I miss having female friends. Guy friends are great and all, but it's nice to have friends of both gender.

Then again, now that High School is over I don't really have many friends left. So in a way, I'm lacking both genders.  :o

When I was a little kid I had mainly female friends. Then as I got older, my friends were primarily male. To this day, I only really have one female friend. I miss having female friends. Guy friends are great and all, but it's nice to have friends of both gender.

Then again, now that High School is over I don't really have many friends left. So in a way, I'm lacking both genders. :o

Kind of this. I grew up with more female friends than I have now, but once I moved I didn't know how to cope with the new school's personalities. Now most of my friends are male, only few females. However, now that I'm getting adjusted with the newer environment, I've been friends with all kinds of people

(edited)

I have an even amount of guy friends vs girl friends who i hang out with regularly. But the two groups tend to be separate. Me and my group of girl friends like to have girls-only bonding time and its a lot of fun. I never really "bond" with the guys, its more like I'm invited by my one main guy friend and he invites a bunch of distant acquaintances. The only thing I have in common with those guys is that one mutual friend who I know really well, and its usually a different group of boys each time. I tend to be the only female at these get togethers.

Occasionally the two groups might mix and there might be an even amount of girls and guys there.

I like my girl friends more, cause I know them really well. And we get to do girly things like have sleep overs and tea parties (i'm serious)

Edited by crazitaco

I've had a few female friends, one who's been a great friend of mine for most of my life. I've grown apart from them all since then, and I have not ever had a romantic relationship with a girl(ie: always friendzone'd :okiedokielokie:) so I certainly get lonely in that sense at times. :(

But, perhaps I can get back in touch with those friends someday, and I'll never give up hope of meeting that special someone, so I guess you can call me optimistically lonely or something. :unsure:

(edited)

I gain a few male friends myself due to me in the music industry even though it's dominated by men nowadays, but I was able to befriend fellow musicians (who are guys). Particularly, I tend to open up more to female friends and a man I was dating since my 18th birthday. I may have a slight lack of opposite gender experience when it comes to guys. They're fun for sports and challenges and whatnot, but I can only have close talks to a few who were able to understand me, including my boyfriend. I just couldn't wait to get back to the other city so I could visit and hangout with him more. :(

post-27780-0-30743000-1404179150.gif

Edited by crisahys

rutinaru presence

A what now?  Yours is the only thing that shows up on Google, so don't pull a "let me Google that for you" on me.  It's not even on Urban Dictionary....

I've never joined a frat and have no intention of doing so, so I guess I am at least somewhat uncomfortable with the idea of not having the opposite gender around.

(edited)

A what now?  Yours is the only thing that shows up on Google, so don't pull a "let me Google that for you" on me.  It's not even on Urban Dictionary....

Hey, I was going to say "routinary"! Don't blame me, I'm not a native English speaker, I use to sometimes fail with the language like people like me do.

Edited by RainbowMau

Hey, I was going to say "routinary"! Don't blame me, I'm not a native English speaker, I use to sometimes fail with the language like people like me do.

Ah, I thought you were using one of those esoteric manga relationship terms.  No, I don't blame you then.

Ah, I thought you were using one of those esoteric manga relationship terms.  No, I don't blame you then.

Haha, no, I haven't used any manga terms in these forums (yet  :lol:  )

(edited)

Actually, no. I have much more female friends than I do male friends, and I also find them easier to have a discussion with.

31646C057F1091131341200084992_256dfd60c1

But in the occasions where I am only around male humans.. Eccch, i'm more awkward than... something really awkward.

Edited by ReGen