Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lack of opposite gender: Does it happen to you?

RainbowMau

I've had a few female friends before, but I wouldn't say I do anymore. It doesn't bother me, though.

• 5 months later...

Usually I have both genders around me. But if I find a mostly (or all) male group, I gravitate towards it. I can't help it.. I just get along with guys better. 

I'm pretty shy and reserved around people I don't know, but I know that I'll open up much more quickly to a group of guys than a group of girls. I don't know why. I just feel like I fit in better. 

I guess I don't tend to act like a girl. Or... well no... I do, but only at times. My way of thinking (at least with socializing) matching the way guys think, so whether I'm in a more girly mood or in a tomboy mood, I do better with guys. 

I feel awkward around girls. Maybe not always, but quite often. There's an element of social behavior I feel like I'm missing... but it's great to find girls that I get along with.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Most of my friends are girls. I like having it that way, idk why but I just feel a lot more comfortable having someone to talk to that's the same gender.

Though I have male friends, I typically don't talk to guys as much as girls. I don't feel left out if I'm surrounded by only guys, in fact my two closest friends are both guys. I love them and I could tell them anything. However, as I've gotten older I've gravitated towards other girls as opposed to guys when I was younger.

In real life, I feel comfortable talking to people of the same gender, female. We can relate I guess? I have a few nice guy classmates at my school (or even friends) but it feels like we're flirting every time we talk to each other. I had more guy friends when I was younger, probably because we bonded over playing video games.

It seems to be a bit more balanced for me on the Internet. Most of the time when I talk to people on the Internet, I don't even know their age or gender, so I tend to be myself.

Since I'm still at school exposure to a lot of people is pretty normal, and my friend group has a good mix of male and female, although it is a bit tipped to the male side, but outside of my main group I'm friends with almost equal amount of both genders.

Nah, it hasn't. I've always been like one of the guys thanks to my masculine interests, so I had plenty of male friends. It also helps that I grew up all my life with my brother and my father.

Although these days I'm not friends with these guys anymore. Either they're growing up or I stopped being friends simply because I tend to friend-zone them... :P

Growing up, and still today, nearly all of my friends are female, so I've never really had a lack of opposite gender friends. Considering I don't get along with most lads anyways, I've come to expect that a new friend will be female.

However, most of elementary school was me alone with a new doodle in a sketchpad, so I guess you could count the lack of friends then  :muffins:

• 3 weeks later...

In the past, I think I've averaged about a 2:1 ratio of male to female friends. I'm a dude, for reference. I would guess that's about average... maybe?

Nothing against the male friends that I have, but I do wish I had more female friends sometimes... y'know... for... ahem... science.

Edited by Regulus

I'm uncomfortable around guys, even homophobic. I can't relate to sports, being manly, or a love of cars. I don't understand these things and never will. I have very few things in common with guys.

Girls seem to look at me and be like oh look, not a girl, bye. I can't get close to girls either.

I'm alone. Very alone.

Edited by bronislav84

I don't often think about it, although I'd imagine if I was around 40 year old dudes all the time.. .then yes.

I'm often around a mixed variety of people, so there has never really been an occasion I felt like this.

Of my last couple jobs, one of them was an all female workforce. I rather enjoyed it. I got treated as an equal and all that. Plus I could talk about things I couldn't normally talk about with regular dudes, like fashion, girly drinks, TV shows among other things. I'm a rather effeminate guy to begin with. I don't really like being around "Dude-bros" 

That said, I love getting dirty as much as I love shopping. so...lol.

Currently though? Meh. I haven't seen any of my female friends for ages, and I only hang out with a couple other guys on occasion, when we schedule a bike meet and go riding together. Only people I see on a regular basis are my parents.

Edited by :Flutterdash:

U know I feel really stupid saying this but I seem to like the presence of girls more then guys and being a guy it just sounds silly to say but u know what I don't care as I was saying I like to be in the presence of girls more because most women I know have a super kind love ing and carrying nature so ya all I gota say

Edited by Solar prince

Going to an all-girl's school means I don't have much contact with dudes. Not that I mind, most dudes my age that I've met are either awkward as butts or hitting on girls left front and center XD

I go to an all girls' college. So yes, I can definitely say there is a lack of males at this point in my life :')

But beyond my current school, I can't say that I've ever had any real male friends. Besides my boyfriend, all of the close friends I've had were girls. Not particularly sure why. Maybe I was a little intimidated by guys til I graduated high school and they...almost completely stopped having an impact on my life, haha (save for my boyfriend...he makes up for it.) But once I graduate, I'll have to re-enter the real world...where guys exist...whoah.

Edit: darn, above poster just beat me to the all girls' school punch xD

Edited by Powderpuff

I tend to be around waaay more girls than guys. Probably from growing up with so many sisters, which also makes me much more comfortable around girls. I tend to have a harder time being sociable with guys, and I generally see a lot less of them.  :mustache:

• Brohoof 1

(Reminder: I am a male, as of now.)

While I do have more male friends than female, I've always felt more comfortable and relatable with females, so I end up with better friendships with them than males.

But of course I only get friends when I actually talk, so it's very small chance I get friends anyways.

I was at an all-girls school for 10 years, from Pre-K to 8th grade.  My best friend and I were the most masculine kids in school.  Most kids went shopping while we hiked and rode bikes in the woods.  At the beginning of 5th grade, we made a new friend who introduced me to computer games with spaceships and shooting.  In 8th grade, I was about average height for my grade and I thought I was pretty muscular. B)  My two friends and I were the only kids in school who did not wear makeup.  All of a sudden there are boys at school and I am just a weak little girl. :blink:

• Brohoof 1