Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I found a Spongebob reference

Discordian

I didn't even notice it when I first saw Sisterhooves Social but you know when Sweetie Belle is in Rarity's shop and dragging her chin on the floor saying "I'm booooored!"

Well....in the episode Toy Store of Doom Patrick did that and that episode, I'm quite certain, came out before MLP ever did. It's exactly the same thing, even the same tone of voice!

I've seen TSoD before but I never noticed it when I saw SHS until I was TSoD again today. I was like "SWEETIE BELLE"

When you make a reference, you make a reference to something memorable, to an image that sticks in people's minds. You know, something *worth* referencing.

For instance, look at the ending of The Return of Harmony Part 2 and how it's basically the ending of Star Wars Episode IV with ponies. It's calling back to a big scene from a famous movie. *That's* a reference.

Calling back to a not particularly noteworthy scene from a not particularly noteworthy episode of Spongebob, though- not really.

Edited by hawkflame

I think it might of been just a coincidence, but it would be funny if it was a reference.

Edited by ShadowCloud

I do this all the time... Of course, I'm just a lobster so that's all I can do. :(

I think if they were to reference Spongebob they'd do something more recognizable... like Spongebob's "I'm ready" chant while he goes off to work or something that has appeared more than once in the series.

Like many have said, it's mostly just a coincidence.