Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did you change favorites over time?

Invincible

When I first watched then entire first Season I didn't have a favourite because I was so blown away how every single pony had a personality, I just couldn't choose.

Then I, of course, realised that Rarity is so fabulicious, but I can feel that I'm getting closer to Applejack...

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

1st Season I love RD but thanks to the mysterious mare do well she drop to my least... 

2nd Season Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie, then Pinkie becomes to foolish in season 3

3rd Season Fluttershy until I saw something TWILICORN

4th Season Twilight, but noone take her seriously and then Rarity, but then in Simple Ways I realize how cool it was Applejack so my favorite is Applejack now!

Edited by WarriorShy
  • Brohoof 1

Nah, not really. Applejack was my favorite character since the beginning. The rest of them switched places, but since I finished watching first three seasons (I became a fan, when season 4 was released and I've watched all the episodes of seasons 1-3 within a week) nothing really changed.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were my favorites all through season one. I didn't really care for AJ or Pinkie. However, having watched all the episodes, I hold all of the characters in pretty high regard. Dash is still my favorite, but all of the others are creeping up on her

When I first became a brony, Twilight was my best pony. She was a nerdy, awkward, and headstrong smart ass that didn't take shit from anyone. Very similar to me. A lot of what endeared her to me was that she was such a strong pony but was a nobody. For me, it showed that anyone can rise up to the challenges they face. Once Twilicorn hit the scene though, she lost a lot of what I liked about her. She was no longer a nobody that had the strength to rise up. She's now an important figure in Equestria and is expected to do those things. That and how the rest of the mane 6 go the shaft in the whole deal (which the S4 finale seemed to finally give them they're due) kind of turned me away from her. I don't hate Twilight by any means, she's still the same old Twi and still my favorite mane 6. But she changed enough that she just can't be my best pony anymore.

I had always like Princess Luna from the very start, but not much was known of her in the beginning. Then I saw Luna Eclipsed. Then I saw the wedding episodes. Then I saw the S3 premier. Then I saw Sleepless in Ponyville. Then once MMC came around, I found myself happier to see Luna on the screen more than Twilight. She had what it originally saw in Twilight. She's a dorky, awkward, and headstrong smart ass that doesn't take shit from anyone. Add to that an interesting backstory that makes the fact that she's one of the two most important ponies in Equestria add to her character rather than detract from it, I knew I found my best pony. I'm just glad she got some good screen time in S4.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

When I first started, my favourites were Rainbow Dash and Applejack. But over time, many ponies became my new favourites. So all of them became ties, as seen in my signature.

Everypony>Diamond Tiara and Silverspoon>Snips and Snails

Edited by Rainbow Speedy Dash

(edited)

On my favourite pony? Nah. I liked Pinkie from the start.

But the others, definetly.

I didnt really *Love* Twilight at the start, but now she is tied on 2nd with Applejack and Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash...Didnt really like her from the start. But i've grown a much stronger liking to her. Now, shes tied with Twilight and Applejack.

Applejack...Not much have changed...Still on 2nd, only tied with Twilight and RD at this time.

Fluttershy, liked her a bit from the start, not too much however. I've grown a bit of a stronger liking, but not too much.

Rarity...To be honest, i didnt like her at all from the start. But like some of the others, i've grown a stronger liking to her.

Edited by Bradley-MysteryLord
  • Brohoof 1

Initially Fluttershy was my favorite pony due to the fact that we both have a lot in common, such as being shy and liking animals and all that jazz. Around the end of season one I changed my favorite to Pinkie. I loved her silly jokes, personality and wacky songs. Her bubbliness made me happy whenever I saw her on screen. She remained my favorite till around halfway through season 4. I still love Pinkie, but Twilight jumped ahead. The writers really made Twilight grow on me. She's my current favorite, and I'm not sure if it'll remain that way in season 5. Only time will tell. Although i like all the mane six. It's really hard for me to choose :P I have a feelin I'm gonna keep switching my favorite until all of them have a turn.

• Brohoof 2

During the first season, I started off liking Twilight Sparkle, because I felt that I could relate to her super organizatonal skills and how she takes her studies so seriously...like how I am in real life. Then season 2 came around and I began to take a liking on Rarity, because of her element of generosity. That lasted from season 2 till the end of season 3. Season 4, I bounced between Rarity, Fluttershy, and Twilight Sparkle, so right now I consider all three to be my favorites...but all in all, I like Rarity. 

In terms of backgrounds & royalties, Lyra Heartstrings has always been my favorite from the start, and Princess Cadance has been my favorite princess. 

Well, no, I hadn't had a favorite when I started the fandom, but I've had my soft spot for one or another, but eventually, Flutty has become my official best pony, and it hadn't changed ever since  :yay:

• Brohoof 1

My list has shifted quite a bit since I started.

Season 1:

Rainbow Dash

Applejack

Twilight

Fluttershy

Pinkie Pie

Rarity

Season 2:

Fluttershy

Applejack

Twilight

Rainbow Dash

Pinkie Pie

Rarity

Season 3:

Twilight

Applejack

Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash

Pinkie Pie

Rarity

Season 4 and after watching the show:

Twilight

Pinkie Pie

Applejack

Rarity

Rainbow Dash/Fluttershy

I could give reasoning for the variance and why I virtually worship Twilight after all of this, but it would be an extremely long post.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In terms of mane 6, while #1 has always belonged to Flutters the rest of the gang have jumped around maddeningly. I used to hate Rarity & Pinkie, because I felt they described everything girly about the show &, since I was still new to it & was determined not to like it, the more feminine things ended up getting a bit of unnecessary anger :P Eventually, they both grew on me more & Rarity's character became more & more likeable in my eyes. She is currently #3, after Twi & then Flutters leading the pack. Once you get into the last 3 though it becomes a jumbled mess as I don't DISLIKE any of the remaining 3, I just don't LIKE them as much. I love Pinkie's morals (being that she puts her friends above herself), RD's attitude keeps me laughing all the time, & AJ is a great character for keeping a cool-head. They just don't beat out adorable, all-powerful mage, & best character :P

Add in villains & things get messy. Nightmare Moon & Chrysalis are juggled for favorite villains & even surpass Twi, as I have always had a love of villains, and those 2 just have beautiful designs & characters. Currently Chryssi has my #1 villain, 2nd to Flutters (though I swear it changes daily :P ), Nightmare #3, then Twi to Rarity & then a jumbled mess :P

I am not even going to begin talking about side characters. They bounce around like mad on the list, & I can't even begin to place most of them unless I honestly sat down & devoted a good chunk of time to going over them all  :blink:

TL;DR

Beginning;

#1 Flutters

#2 Twilight

#3 Rainbow

#4 Applejack

#5 Pinkie

#6 Rarity

Overall, including villains, top 5 ponies (currently) go to;

#1 Flutters (sometimes)

#2 Chrysalis (sometimes)

#3 Nightmare Moon

#4 Twilight

#5 Rarity

#6 Everypony else

Last Place; Everyone I hate.

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 1

I debate with myself yet to today about it!  Seriously.  I've watched all 4 seasons through and through, at least 4 times... and I still am unable to decide. My fallback is to just say A.J. because of our similar country ways of life, but I was daydreaming at work today and had the strangest idea pop into my head.
This:
Ask myself, how would I react if [name of pony] just walked out of the field to me/flew out of the sky and landed in front of me?

To my own astonishment, I realized that I would be the most excited if it were Rainbow Dash or Twilight, then Applejack (as in, my level of excitement would be just a tad bit less).  I surprised myself by that.  

Yet still, from episode to episode, or season to season... I change my top favorite ponies' positions.
To be honest, I love them all, and it's kind of like asking someone who has many kids "which child is your favorite"... If you know what I mean.
Anyway, I think favoritism works best subconsciously.  In other words, initial reactions, and even gut instincts, can show how you really feel (i.e. about somepony) more than trying to consciously decide.

• Brohoof 1

Yes, when I started watching the show, Pinkie was my number one.

Then season two came along and Twilight and Rainbow Dash were tied.

Then in season three I was tied with Twilight, Pinkie, Dash and Applejack.

Then the beginning of season four, I had Dash and Applejack tied, but now Applejack is above Dash.

For the record, I hated Rarity when I started watching the show, now I really like her and don't care for Fluttershy very much.

When I first started watching MLP, Rainbow Dash was my favorite. After watching more and more, I started to like Fluttershy more. She's kind and sweet, and I always wanted to cry when she cried in the show. So, Fluttershy remains my favorite now.

This is the line-up of the Mane 6 to me, from favorite to least favorite:

Fluttershy

Twilight

Pinkie

Rainbow

Applejack

Rarity

My overall fave, Fluttershy has never changed. She's been my fave pony since getting into the show in 2010. Though the other 5 of the mane 6 have changed spots over time. Rainbow used to be 2nd on my list, now she's 3/4on my list. Applejack is currently number 2 on my list,followed by Rainbow,Twilight then Rarity and finally Pinkie. The distance between 1 and 2 though is huge. No pony will knock Fluttershy off of her podium. She'll always be my fave mare. but the other 5 tend to change around.

Though across all the characters.it's changed a little bit...

1: Fluttershy

2: Spitfire

3: Trixie

3: Octavia

4: Zecora

5: Lyra

5: Applejack

6: Rainbow Dash

(edited)

Discord is my all time favourite, that's never changed!  :umad:

Usually Rainbow Dash is my favourite of the mane 6, but I find that I keep switching over time, for instance in an order like this:

- Rainbow Dash

- Applejack

- Rainbow Dash

- Rarity

- Rainbow Dash

- Twilight

- Rainbow Dash

It's such an interesting thing, but I seem to stick with RD for my all-time favourite mane 6!  :wub:

All%2Bpony%2Bis%2Bbest%2Bpony.%2BFor%2Bt

Edited by The Golden Cross
  • Brohoof 3

I definitely did!
At first my top favorite was Scootaloo when I started watching season 1.
Then it changed to Rairity when I watched season 2 and 3.

currently my favorite right now is Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 2