Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can't paste image link

takai
Go to solution Solved by Quilava,

I actually have an issue with posting pictures as well. When I press the picture icon above, the screen dims and shows the box in which to paste the link. However, I am not able to actually paste. I'm actually now able to do anything. I can't click off the box to make it go away or anything. I have to refresh the page to be able to click things again.

• Brohoof 2

I actually have an issue with posting pictures as well. When I press the picture icon above, the screen dims and shows the box in which to paste the link. However, I am not able to actually paste. I'm actually now able to do anything. I can't click off the box to make it go away or anything. I have to refresh the page to be able to click things again.

A different and more handy way to use the "Paste" action is by holding CTRL on your keyboard, and pushing the "V" key.

Does that work a little better for you?

• Brohoof 1

Hi @takai, just letting you know that I split your post from this topic and turned it into its own topic. It's best to post a new topic in this section when you have a question. More people will notice it that way and it keeps things more organized. :)

Also, if possible, could you please take a screenshot of what exactly you are seeing when this happens and show it to us? Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

Hi @takai, just letting you know that I split your post from this topic and turned it into its own topic. It's best to post a new topic in this section when you have a question. More people will notice it that way and it keeps things more organized. :)

Also, if possible, could you please take a screenshot of what exactly you are seeing when this happens and show it to us? Thanks.

Oh, ok. I'll remember that next time.

Here's my problem: http://i.imgur.com/pPsC2X2.png

Today it seems to be doing a bit better, it's allowing me a few seconds to paste in the box, but then it quickly reverts back to the dimmed un-clickable one. Hopefully this issue gets cleared up.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, ok. I'll remember that next time.

Here's my problem: http://i.imgur.com/pPsC2X2.png

Today it seems to be doing a bit better, it's allowing me a few seconds to paste in the box, but then it quickly reverts back to the dimmed un-clickable one. Hopefully this issue gets cleared up.

Ah, I see. What browser are you using?

I'm currently using Google Chrome.

So, from what I gathered, you can't post an image b/c the screen dims.   That is something, tbh.  However, do you have another web-browser, b/c I wanted to ask if you can try to open two web browsers 1 Chrone and 1 "whatever other WB you have" and go here.  Once you do, try to click on post image and see if it 1 is not dim.   If Chrome continues to dim, then, the site has an issue on Chrome (tbh, I don't use chrome as much b/c of all the issues that occur.  That includes IE).  Give it a shot and let us know. 

I'm currently using Google Chrome.

I would be interested to see if there's any kind of lag going on that could be causing this.

Next time this happens, could you screenshot the Chrome Task Manager and show it to us? Make sure to blur out any personal information in it first. That can be accessed by clicking the tools menu 41e5fd2c49.png in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, hover over the Tools 9f1bc1a634.png submenu in the menu that appears and then click the Task Manager 9f279c96d0.png button.

• Brohoof 1

Can you use copy and paste normally? If so, it might just be easier to use the image tags. ^^;

[img=image link here]

Just type this in the reply box, and the image will show up in the post after you post it. 

• Brohoof 2

Hello @takai, I was simply wondering if you have been or are still experiencing any issues in regards to the built in image-insert function the post-box toolbar?

• 1 month later...

Due to the time that has passed in regards to this issue and no response coming from the OP, I'm going to lock this thread up for organization purposes.

However, should this issue arise again I both recommend and urge the creation of a support ticket. Thank you and have a great night~