Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last thing you accidentally did to hurt yourself?

Courageous Thunder Dash

I made the decision to purposely roll off my bed, instead of getting up regularly. As I did this, my left knee knocked the corner of a nearby table and it started bleeding quite a bit.

• 1 month later...

I was on top of a tricon (basically a small metal boxcar). We were setting up a radar dish, and my sergeant was handing something up to me. She's short, so I had to lay down on my stomach to grab it. As I pulled it up, I scraped my hand and caused a cut that started bleeding.

It's fine now. Probably won't leave a scar.

This actually happened the day before yesterday... I am a veterinary technician and I work at an animal shelter. I was moving a cat, who was ferral, to an empty cage. She escaped my grasp and ran into a bathroom. I cornered her and grabbed her but she freaked out and managed to bite my thumb; her tooth going all the way through. She also clawed my arm pretty good. I dropped the cat and immediately called for help. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches.

4 hours ago, Venomous said:

This actually happened the day before yesterday... I am a veterinary technician and I work at an animal shelter. I was moving a cat, who was ferral, to an empty cage. She escaped my grasp and ran into a bathroom. I cornered her and grabbed her but she freaked out and managed to bite my thumb; her tooth going all the way through. She also clawed my arm pretty good. I dropped the cat and immediately called for help. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches.

Jeez...did that cat have to be put down?

1 hour ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Jeez...did that cat have to be put down?

The cat did not have to be euthanized. Getting bit and scratched by is just part of the experience when you’re working with animals, ya know?

I don't remember any particular recent incidents. The most recent I can think of is months ago at work closing up the carts that freight is put on. The top part of the cart came loose from its latch and hit me right on the head. It gave me a bump. >.<

It has happened to pretty much all of the other coworkers, too. I have since avoided those carts the best I can. I am scared of them. lol

• 1 month later...