Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Harry Potter

FangirlForever

Harry Potter is an anti-hero tho.

But I cant wait for Fantastic Creatures And Where To Find Them.

How is he an antihero? He doesn't show a striking lack of heroic virtues. His heart is definitely at the right place.

Severus Snape would be a somewhat better example of an antihero, though still not a good one I guess, since he's not one of the most prominent roles.

My favorite character is Barty Crouch Jr. He was a genius. He was so close at winning.

I would be a Slytherin. I was sorted into it on Pottermore.

I love the series. I mean why would I join a fan site if I didn't? (I don't get on Pottermore anymore because I can't really do anything due to the lagging.)

• Brohoof 1

I don't really know. Just who's your fav character? What house would you want to be in? Your opinions on the Harry Potter series. Such...

The book are amazing written, I didn't see some of the big things that happen in the last book coming up.

I really want to talk about harry potter world in Florida thought. I have been this year (once in a lifetime as I'm from the UK) and its AMAZING! The rides are brilliant, but its the whole area. They replicate wizards shops and both diagon alley and hogsmead so well its unreal :D!

Butter beer is also one of the niceest things I have tasted in a very long time :D! The whole place is just magical!

• Brohoof 1

The book are amazing written, I didn't see some of the big things that happen in the last book coming up.

I really want to talk about harry potter world in Florida thought. I have been this year (once in a lifetime as I'm from the UK) and its AMAZING! The rides are brilliant, but its the whole area. They replicate wizards shops and both diagon alley and hogsmead so well its unreal :D!

Butter beer is also one of the niceest things I have tasted in a very long time :D! The whole place is just magical!

I wish I would be able to go to Harry Potter World! Those of us in California don't usually go all the way over there. Maybe someday...

A. I hate that line of reasoning. He's the main character so everyone should love him, right? </being difficult on purpose>

B. We really don't know if Gryffindor is the best. The series really only showed us what it's like to be in Gryffindor and Slytherin and it's a horribly one-sided story since Harry and all the 'good guys' ended up in one and all of their greatest rivals/enemies were in the other. We don't really get much of the history of all the houses or their relationships throughout the years since Hogwartz' inception. We just happen to get all the juicy parts during the Voldemort incident. We don't know what the houses are like when there isn't a war going on.

The universe really needs to be expanded on.

Sure. So you just assume that everyone who reads the books likes Gyffindor and would love to be in it and stuff? Nope! I like Ravenclaw! And my favorite charcter is Love Lovegood. She's so weird and I love weird things.

• Brohoof 1

Sure. So you just assume that everyone who reads the books likes Gyffindor and would love to be in it and stuff? Nope! I like Ravenclaw! And my favorite charcter is Love Lovegood. She's so weird and I love weird things.

Not once did I say that. My response was to the idea that Gryffindor is automatically the best as if it was obvious.

I haven't read them in so long I couldn't honestly tell you. Never even read the seventh book, don't remember anything from five or six and my memory for the first four is slipping fast. It's been at least ten years since I read any of them.

Wingardiam Leviosaaahhh.  :comeatus:

Though in all seriousness, my favourite character has always been Severus Snape.

Everyone always thought he was bad, but something about him is just so tricky and intricate.

He's always been fascinating.

(Based on the movies) I love how from all the teachers against the dark arts, he seemed by far the least qualified, almost like an ironic joke, yet in fact was the best one.

Reminded me of a common problem with people where someone claims they love and cherish something, when in fact they're merely on the run from its opposite.

• Brohoof 1

1. My favorite character has to be Hermonie. She starts out the series as the sterotypical know it all, with her head in the clouds and constantly spouting off trivia and tidbits from the books she loved so much. But her character arc was amazing as she began to subtly get more and more down to earth, from her realization that she cannot do it all (and her resignation of the time turner in book 3) to her being excited at breaking the rules with the room of requirement in book 5. She had the best arc in my personal opinion, as it was a very sublte ebbing away of her more uptight and rule stradling nature was quite nice. And her romance with Ron was built throughout the series, and as such came off much more natural than 90% of relationships in media for that age group. She is my favorite as the very intelligent loveable know it all, who grows more as a person as the series grows.

2. Syltheren. Because I'm a hipster.

3. I consider it the most influential "young adult" series ever. With it currently being the most grossing film franchise, and with every new adult book series being compared to it, it has proven its place amongst classics, and the generation that grew up with it will forever hold it in nostalgic rever.

• 2 weeks later...

Well for favorite character, I've gotta go with Snape.  I've always had a thing for the bad guy gone good, though I suppose Snape treating Harry like garbage throughout the books was all an act on his part.  I can't re read the books with loving him, now that it's all over and we know the truth about him.

What house would I be in?  Well, I'd like to think Ravenclaw or Gryffindor, but odds are good I'd end up in Hufflepuff.  Nothing wrong with them, but I feel like Ravenclaw and Gryffindor are more prestigious houses.

My overall opinion?  Phenomenal.  One of my favorite book series to date, and it'll probably remain a favorite for my whole life :D

Well I'm one of the many but few people that read the books as thy came out and saw the movies as they came out. My fave Charater is Ron. My fave couple, Harry and Genny. My fave moment, Harry and Genny kissed. Fave Spell, Bombarda. Fave magical Item, The invisibility cloak. Fave teacher; Professor Mogonical. House I'd like to be in even though Griffindor is my fave, Huffelpuff. Why? Cuz my fave colour is Blue.