Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your allergies?

Bronychan1214

• 3 years later...

Blueberries, A Certain grain but I don't know which one, Mushrooms....and worst of all...Beer.

It's weird...I'm not allergic to vodka or wine...but for some strange reason my body can't handle beer. It breaks out in hives. 

• Brohoof 1

There is something I'm allergic to, but I have no idea what it is. I know this because I got Hives when I was 7 years old. It was awful. One of the very few things I remember from childhood.

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I'm allergic to nothing I know.

Lucky! (...or simply lier!:orly:;):D;)

I am jealous Hieroc. ;) I'm allergic to almost everything. Plants, cats, dogs, many fruits...:twi:

Edited by Fluttershy Friend
  • Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

Lucky! (...or simply lier!:orly:;):D;)

I am jealous Hieroc. ;) I'm allergic to almost everything. Plants, cats, dogs, many fruits...:twi:

Not a lier here. I haven't got allergic reactions, but my skin is very weak. I can't go long in the sun, because my skin is after an hour red and painfull. But this isn't an allergic reaction told the doctor's me. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

I am allergic to pollen, dust mites, a few types of grass, and nickel. Nickel as in the type metal. It irritates my skin whenever it touches me for too long. So my orthodontist were very careful when I needed to get braces, since many types of braces contain nickel and we didn't exactly want my mouth to be constantly swollen...

My brother is severely allergic to dogs and peanuts though. So even though I'm not allergic to those things, they haven't been in my house since my brother was a little kid. We just can't take any chances because anaphylaxis can be deadly.

• Brohoof 1

Growing up, I was severely allergic to stinging insects. If I got stung, I'd have to go to the hospital right away.

However, I'm not sure if I since outgrown this allergy yet or not and, to be honest, I'm not jumping to find out :P 

I hate being so allergic to everything. The worst one I have is pollen allergy, as I have to spend most of the summer inside, and even that doesn't always help. I remember having been mildly allergic to some foods as a kid, such as fish, cheese and apples, but I'm not sure about that anymore, as I haven't had them in a while. I know I've conquered my nut allergy. But I still suffer from animal allergies. Cats and dogs are the worst, but I'm also allergic to horses (fortunately not cartoon ponies though :P) and possibly some others as well...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
5 hours ago, Fluttershy Friend said:

It was a joke of course :) Hieroc. Your problem with sun looks quite serious. Take care of yourself!

No, nothing serious. It comes with being a red-haired boy. ;)

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'm allergic to kitty cats which really sucks because I absolutely love them! I'm also allergic to pretty much anything that's green. It used to be fresh cut grass and little else, but after I lived in the Midwest (where it seems every living thing was toxic) during some of my teen years I developed a sensitivity to a lot of plant life. If I even look at poison ivy I swell up like a balloon. :adorkable:

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

I don't have food allergies, but dust and pollen drive me crazy! Spring is my favorite season, but it's also when I'm the most sneezy. :P 

22 minutes ago, Lady Kiriness said:

I don't have food allergies, but dust and pollen drive me crazy! Spring is my favorite season, but it's also when I'm the most sneezy. :P 

Yeah to be honest I know exactly what it's like as I have pollin allergies like you do. I basically get sneezing attacks when my nose gets triggered and it's ridicules of how much I sneeze during an attack. I probably sneeze around 10-25 times in rapid fire during an attack and afterwards I usaly feel very disorientated as because the heart stops beating during sneezes my brain loses quite a bit of oxygen intake so I feel disoriented. Even often my parents get mad at me when I have an attack as I literally uncontrollably splutter everywhere from the sneezing and that makes my parents extremely annoyed with me. Now I am reasonably lactose intolerant like my dad is and I've got a peanut allergy that is highly life threatening if I have a reaction. I've only ever had one reaction in my life and that's when I got a rash eating a peanut butter sandwich when I was a two year old and that non lethal reaction was how my parents originally discovered my peanut allergy in the first place. :)    

• Brohoof 2

I lead a sad life. I'm allergic to alcohol, and I'm also allergic to tannins. I don't want to drink alcohol, so I'm OK with that, and I don't like tea and coffee, which tannins are present in, but being allergic to tannins means that I can't eat much chocolate or I get a headache one step short of a migraine.

I get bad hayfever every summer and have done for the last 8 years of my life. I don't have any other major known allergies, but I am slightly allergic to salt which makes me cough and any type of melon that isn't watermelon, they make my throat itch.

I am fortunate enough to not have any allergies. I know many people that do, however, and they seem to have the ability to get very bad at some points in certain weather conditions. I have a few classmates that have allergies to cats so they must take an antihistamine before coming to class.