Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Otherkin/Therians out there?

BlackShardNixium

• 3 years later...
On 6/27/2014 at 2:46 PM, BlackShardNixium said:

Anyway, I just wanted to know whether or not I was the only Otherkin here.

Damn, this thread is ancient.  Don’t worry dude, I’m an orherkin too.  

My kintype is something called an Enfield:

A08A382A-7BFF-40B5-BDE2-751E7300344F.thumb.png.85261d100ce8c29975c8fb10fcbb52ef.png

It has the head of a fox, the chest of a greyhound, the barrel of a lion, the hindquarters of a wolf, and the wings/talons of an eagle.  

Admittedly, it’s a bit of a clusterf**k as far as mythical creatures go.  It wouldn't have been my fist pick had it been up to me to decide.  But we don't choose our kintypes.  They choose us.  I really do feel as though I am that thing on a visceral level.  I still identify as human but what I think and what I feel deep down are two different things, and they don’t always agree with each other.. 

Oh, btw, what’s your kintype?

Edited by Soaring Symphony

HOO BUDDY
how did you even find this thread im crying
I have two kintypes, both of which I identify as past lives
One is a Cervitaur ((Deer*-centaur-thingy))

the other is,,, im not rlly sure?
It's been three years now so I can better picture what I looked like in my head and I've since started saying that the closest thing i can compare it to is a dragon
I lived somewhere in space and I lived for a long, long time. This one is def the dominant one, and I'm p sure it was because my lifespan was ridiculously long.

Also I feel that conflict man
Although it doesn't really manifest as here and now feelings. It's when I start to remember how things used to feel, or how they should feel to me now, that I really start to get ????
But I think your kintype is really rad my dude

Edited by BlackShardNixium

On 11/17/2017 at 11:24 PM, BlackShardNixium said:

HOO BUDDY
how did you even find this thread im crying
I have two kintypes, both of which I identify as past lives
One is a Cervitaur ((Deer*-centaur-thingy))

the other is,,, im not rlly sure?
It's been three years now so I can better picture what I looked like in my head and I've since started saying that the closest thing i can compare it to is a dragon
I lived somewhere in space and I lived for a long, long time. This one is def the dominant one, and I'm p sure it was because my lifespan was ridiculously long.

Also I feel that conflict man
Although it doesn't really manifest as here and now feelings. It's when I start to remember how things used to feel, or how they should feel to me now, that I really start to get ????
But I think your kintype is really rad my dude

Great to hear it.  

Personally though, I'm a devout Catholic.  As such, I don't believe being otherkin has anything to do with reincarnation (the idea sort of conflicts with my religion).  No, I think it's just a psychological phenomenon.  

In other words, I think we're all just crazy.  That might sound sort of harsh, but pretty much everyone is messed up in the head in one way or another.  We just do it in a way that's different from the norm.  I don't mean that statement as an insult (I would kind of be insulting myself too).  It's just my viewpoint.

Oh, btw, as to how I found this thread, I literally just googled "Otherkin mlpforums" and it came right up.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/21/2017 at 8:19 PM, Olly said:

whats an otherkin???  

Here's the definition.

An individual who feels/believes that they are something non-human on an internal level, usually spiritually or psychologically. Considered an 'umbrella term' to include Therianthropy, but generally used to refer to those who identify as non-Earthly/mythical creatures or beings.

And if you're confused about what "Therianthropy" is, that's the technical term for Therians.  Here's the definition of the word Tharian..

Otherkin who identify exclusively as a single known Earthly or extinct animal. Some may claim to have been multiple, but only identify as one.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Harper said:

Animal spirits trapped in human bodies, or mythical creatures that don't even exist trapped in human bodies...

Yeah makes perfect sense :lie:

no less sense than any religion/theology :P it's just as valid

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, Harper said:

Animal spirits trapped in human bodies, or mythical creatures that don't even exist trapped in human bodies...

Yeah makes perfect sense :lie:

An otherkin is someone who feels as though they are an animal or mythical creature.  The reincarnation idea is just one interpretation to try and explain it. 

Personally, I think It's just psychological.

13 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

I think you can probably guess what I would identify as, and I think it suits me very well.

I'm not really sure what your profile pic is supposed to look like.  Is that some sort of water dragon?

photo-thumb-23751.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm an awakened alicorn. Been awake for 3 and half year now. Also fit in as a light worker too. Had many dream visits from home and to home. I can feel my horn and wings all the time. I can do some magic and can feel the energy of the forest around me. My name of here close my name from home Ko'onthra means Dawn of new day.

Just now, Radiant Dawn said:

I'm an awakened alicorn. Been awake for 3 and half year now. Also fit in as a light worker too. Had many dream visits from home and to home. I can feel my horn and wings all the time. I can do some magic and can feel the energy of the forest around me. My name of here close my name from home Ko'onthra means Dawn of new day.

I'm also fae. Okohana'tehana'abana'dehtu First Love, then Truth

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

looked into the subject and have felt an explicable bond with changelings and considering my belief on reincarnation, it may have been an incarnation in my past, but in another world. I can also remember a moment before I became consciously aware of my memories, black, and nothing but conscious awareness (how else could I remember this ), and a sound like rushing air. I also believe in magic, but not literally in most cases. fairy tales were meant to be taken metaphorically, not literally.

• 2 months later...