Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... how exactly does this RP work?

Go to solution Solved by SCS,

(edited)

Ok now before you go off telling me how basic role playing work you should know I have played Dungeons and Dragons for many years and have LARPed a fare amount and have played table top role plays online through Roll20 (if you don't know what that is don't worry, it's just an online tabletop platformer) . So what I am wondering is how does it work on this site, without dice and such, or rules, or any stuff like that? Do you just sort of collaboratively create a story in the form of role play, or is it more complicated. So ya, if someone could tell me how it works Specifically on this site, I would really appreciate it, cause if it is fun I want to get all up and in that. Thanks!

Edited by Eldwain
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

basically you make two topics

An Out of Character/Planning one for the RP where folks can run an idea or two about the RP or clarify if what they are about to write next is ok in the RP if they are unsure. The other is the RP itself.

You'd determine the rules of the RP in the OOC topics like character bios, roles, rules like god-modding, no gore/gore etc, etc.

Other than that is really down to how offen the people in your RP can actively post and how many. Some can burn out and get chaotic with too many in it.

Edited by Shire Pony Malinter
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

basically you make two topics

An Out of Character/Planning one for the RP where folks can run an idea or two about the RP or clarify if what they are about to write next is ok in the RP if they are unsure. The other is the RP itself.

You'd determine the rules of the RP

Ok, then so you could set up a D&D type thing with a "Game Master" who is kind in control and everybody else "plays" in his/her world or you could do a sort of interactive story thing where people just write things in that are appropriate to the story and do it that way, or anything in between?

Edited by Eldwain
  • Brohoof 1

Yo, . I moved this topic from Roleplay Planning & OOC Discussion to Site Questions & Tech Support. The former is the forum section for planning out and organizing a roleplay as well as inviting participants, while the latter is the forum section for asking questions about MLP Forums.

Since you're already familiar with roleplaying in general, I'd recommend checking out the Roleplay World System topic. The Roleplay World category in the FAQ could be helpful as well.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much yeah. The RP creator has the power to determine what goes off in the RP much like a game master. As long as youre sure every 'player' is ok with the rules before hand  you should be pretty much set.

• Brohoof 1

Yo, . I moved this topic from Roleplay Planning & OOC Discussion to Site Questions & Tech Support. The former is the forum section for planning out and organizing a roleplay as well as inviting participants, while the latter is the forum section for asking questions about MLP Forums.

Since you're already familiar with roleplaying in general, I'd recommend checking out the Roleplay World System topic. The Roleplay World category in the FAQ could be helpful as well.

Oh thanks! sorry you had to move one of my topics a second time tonight, I will try to find the right forum section in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

I was informed not too long ago that there is a project about separating the roleplay world from this general forum. Information i have received, though i cannot link the topic right now, says that there will be a system about this kind of RPs DnD and stuff and i'm really looking forward to this.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say Doctor McCoy (SCS) has sufficiently answered this thread, I shall wrap it up with a pretty bow! A red and white one! Thanks and have a great day~

• Brohoof 3

• 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.