Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Online Personality vs Your Offline Personality

SanityNotIncluded

(edited)

To be completely true, my online personality doesn't reflect my offline personality at all.

Edit- I'm a lot more social in person, online discussion doesn't interest me as much.

Edited by pony12343

Well, when I'm offline, if someone pisses me off, I can get pretty mouthy. I swear like a sailor. 

Offline, most of the time I'm extremely socially anxious and have bouts of depression, I talk a lot less and to a lot less people than I do online. I'm still authentic and honest, but able to convey myself in how I communicate as happier and less shy. I still rarely start online conversations, and the few times I do I'm very anxious about it.

I guess comes down to being a writer, and feeling more comfortable with words. Nothing is on the spot and I don't have to worry as much about how I come across to others.

I'm a bit of a shut-in and are more outgoing online. 

Other than that... not much is different! I tend to sit on the sidelines when I'm not talking, but once you get me going I am very quick on the words. Anybody whose gotten into a status update/PM conversation with me and received a deluge of notifications is probably aware of that;)

If you've had me randomly visit your profile page to tell you about your avatar, I'm just like that in real life too. Compliment the person standing in line behind me for the pattern on their skirt and all. I value honesty highly and not all honesty is brutal.

People have told me in real life that I could be a stand-up comedian. As I am hilarious, I can corroborate this point anywhere I go. 

Online, I can express my inner thoughts more efficiently than I ever could offline.

Consequently, my online personality spouts more bullshit, than my offline personality does.

Online, I can be witty, however offline, I have a harder time coming up with a good comeback, when I'm on the spot.

I'm more quiet than anything offline, though if something sets my temper off, I tend to say what I think more often than not, while online, I can reign my temper in and respond more coolly to things that anger me.

They're more or less the same. I'm awkward, and bad at socializing in both. I'm honest in both as well. I know a lot of people lie online, and I never understood the point of that. Why not just be honest? It's simply so much easier!

Being online is nice since you have to time to think out what you're going to write. This can also be a double edged sword, since you'll over think it. 

Yeah I'm kinda the same both online and off.

Online, I'm a bit more outgoing, am more willing to say things/speak up (especially with people I haven't met), definitely more cheerful/silly, and probably some other stuff, but that's more or less how it is. :squee:

Online I have more time to think about what I'm going to say, and being a person who lacks social skills and the want to be social, online is a great thing :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much the same person online and offline. I guess online I can get more heated in arguments (mostly cuz I don't care as much about my appearance to others ), but overall I'm pretty much the same, awesome person B)

(edited)

Offline, I'm very quiet, cautious, self-conscious, equalist, and like to share my knowledge of history, and opinions with close friends.

Online, I'm loud, strange, enthused with power and acquiring it, loving, and like to share my knowledge of history and opinions with anybody who wants to hear it.

I wear my heart on my sleeve most of the time though.

I'm honestly mixed up online, my opinions and how I am varies from time to time, at the moment I am in this sort of pro-imperial phase of thinking...

Edited by Bluhtsturm

(edited)

there is a huge difference between PonygamesFluttershy and Brett  here is a picture that might explain

Online:I'm a great friend an amazing Leader and a pro gamer

Offline:I'm very shy I prefer following people apposed to leading them I rarely talk and I hate it when people look at me while I'm not wearing a mask (I'm still a good friend) 

post-27623-0-64488400-1405031681.jpg

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy

You could say that I'm a mixture of Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Twilight combined into one. I'm Pinkie when I'm with my friends, then again, so is another buddy who's also a Brony. I'm Fluttershy mostly in public, especially with girls, since I'm so nervous to talk to them sometimes. My Twilight side usually comes up in nerd discussions. :P

• Brohoof 2

Online: I'm friendly, understanding, down to earth; I tend to type long detailed things; I like telling other's that I'm a country boy; I'm an internet-only-brony; and I don't cuss much at all online.

Offline: I'm still friendly, but tend to be a bit more 'to the point' when talking (so, I'm more blunt, rather than just down to earth); I cuss more often offline, but I don't swear like a sailor by any means; I tend to be outgoing only towards people I feel are close to me, and shy towards less-close people - so I'm a bit more secretive IRL; I am pretty humble, so I don't really flaunt about much offline.

In a way, the online me shows more of my true-self than the offline me.  I tend to hide my true feelings sometimes IRL.  Only one person knows I'm a brony.  I won't tell anyone else (at least, I just can't right yet)... because being in a more traditional, small country hometown, where some people are kind of hicks (seriously)... They would either be disowning, or would make fun of me, and call me a hypocrite.  I can imagine them saying "How can a traditional, conservative country boy watch MLP!?"  So, I keep it a secret IRL.  Sometimes, though, I try subtly injecting MLP partial quotes (that make sense in the context) into conversations with certain people, just to see if they catch it, but nobody ever has.  

• Brohoof 3

i usually use more vulgar words in real-life than online,i know its bad for me and it makes me look stupid,so i at least try to avoid it online.

i also tend to get mad when people try to change my opinion without proper arguments in RL,online i can just ignore or try to convince people orherwise.

Online: I tend to be far more respectful of others. I choose words a lot more carefully and usually try to avoid arguments. Though I enjoy fact-driven debate.

Offline: I can be the most offensive person I personally know, nothing is safe from my irreverence.

But there is a time and place for everything, who I am around my good friends is very different from who I am around family and respected individuals.

Umm... I kind of type as I speak, both reflect my internal thoughts and come straight out as they form in my head. :S

I would like to think I'm 20% cooler online though :lol:

casual_dash_by_dasprid-d7gyjhc.png