EquestrianScholar

[Canterlot] Meetings At The Throne Room

img-3006671-1-2s7dhg7.jpg

@@Archi the Atmomancer,

Princess Celestia

The princess would consider the stallion in interesting, her expression surprised but still warm. She would seem to Fixit not at all offended, more simply finding his words unexpected yet her smile would begin to grow just a bit more after a moment had passed. Though she would not express it freely, she was honestly very pleased with Fixit's answer to her offer. With such a amused smile and thought Celestia would laugh softly and say, "Oh, that is perfectly fine. Honestly, I am glad you have said such as it tells me much about you Fixit."

With such words the diarch would offer a pause in her words so that Fixit may process her answer before explaining herself, "Many ponies who have come here would jump at the chance for the approval of my sister or myself, and a few actively seek it out. For one of my subjects to pass up such an opportunity, to seek self-sufficiency and independent growth instead of an easy way to fame, recognition, and fortune is what I have sought in all my many years as ruler. You see I want to see my subjects figure out how to overcome their own problems and challenges, to stand on their own hooves... though I am always here to offer advice and aid when requested or needed."

Edited by EquestrianScholar

@@EquestrianScholar,

Astral Legend

Astral was making his way toward Canterlot once again and this time rather than traveling at night as he always does, he thought he'd enjoy the sun once more while it was still high in the sky. Sitting on a train heading for the destination of the capital city, he started to think what would the ruler of the sun be like when he met her? While he has heard many stories about her, it's always a much better experience the meet her in pony. Considering that he now works as an assistant in Canterlot alongside Celestia's sister, Luna, he thought it would be a great idea to finally meet Princess Celestia. Honestly, he didn't know what he'd say or do...or he'd be calm when talking to her. Would he be afraid to talk to her? He certainly hope not. He was just going to have to keep his head cool and maybe the Princess wouldn't catch on how uncomfortable he might feel at first.

When the train arrived at the station, he looked upon the city in awe although he had seen it many times before at night. The way it seems to sparkle and shine in the daytime...it was truly a sight to see, maybe he should come around here more often in the daytime? Enough sightseeing though, he still had a Princess to meet and there's no way he'd go back to the mountains empty-hoof. He started to walk toward the castle, staring at it all the while. Meanwhile, simultaneously, trying to calm his nerves and keep calm. He wasn't going to lie to himself, being around all these rich pony types in the city was always a little...uh...unnerving somewhat even though he had nothing against them. Finally getting to the gates, he was let into the castle by one of the solar guards and brought Astral in front of door to the Throne Room. Astral thanked the guard and quietly awaited the moment the princess allowed him to enter.   

Edited by Astral Legend

@@Archi the Atmomancer@@Astral Legend

Princess Celestia

The stallion would see another pony exit as well as two guards carrying a strange contraption on their back in the shape on a globe and with a glowing sun and moon hovering atop, one gold and one blue. With the guards having left the throne room and the pony that had already been inside leaving the princess would call in a soft yet strong voice that carried to the entrance, "You may enter, my subject. Please, no need to be shy and do come in and speak with me for a while. I hope your day has been an eventful one."

The princess was glad to see a new face, though something about her appearance reminded her of a conversation she had though when and with who she was not quite sure at this point. The stallion's red coloring stood out quite a bit and she could not help but feel that the dark red coat and lighter red mane and tail with black was an appearance she would remember. Finally remembrance come to her and she remembered speaking with her sister Luna on her return from the Crystal Empire. Thinking back Celestia felt certain her sister had spoken of a pony with an appearance like that of the pony before her and she says, "Your appearance is unique, what is your name my little pony

@@EquestrianScholar,

Astral Legend

Astral had entered the throne room cautiously, walking a bit slowly at first because he didn't want to see too desperate but eventually standing in front of her. She was beautiful...no, beyond that, she was positively divine. A truly otherworldly beauty sparkling with the rays of the sun that she governed. Astral was speechless for the first few seconds, it was the first time he's actually seen Celestia in pony or at all really. After all, the things he does has him traveling to the far reaches of Equestria in search of adventure. His face felt hot and he was quite sure that he was blushing as well but with the red coat anypony could barely see that unless they were really, really focusing. He noticed that the Princess asked him a question and quickly answered despite how flustered he was.

"A-Astral Legend!" he spoke with more enthusiasm than what he had hoped and quickly covered his muzzle with wide eyes.  "S-Sorry, I didn't mean to suddenly shout..." he sighed to himself and took a deep breath to try to get over his nervousness.

Lowering his hoof and putting it back on the floor, he took another deep breath before speaking again. "My name is Astral Legend. I come from Ponyville...or I should say I lived in the Canterlot Mountains a long time before that. It's an honor to finally meet you, Princess Celestia." unlike before his voice was deep, mature and proper. He bowed to the Princess in respect and stood back straight a second later. His posture was correct and had great poise as if he actually trained as a knight himself although he would never say it, it was because he studied about the knights in Canterlot when he was a small colt and often practiced when he had the dream of actually wanting to become a Solar Guard at one time.

Edited by Astral Legend

@@Astral Legend

Though Celestia could not see the stallion blush his face and body language suggested the stallion was embarrassed and flustered, though she did not comment on this. She had seen such a reaction with some ponies coming to stand before her and moreso when coming to speak with her. She still allowed some amusement at the her subject's reaction, especially when he spoke as he did when offering his name.

Yet much to the princess's surprise Astral recovered quite well from her nerves getting the better of him with a deep breath like her niece Cadance and more recently Twilight. Celestia was glad to see more ponies using such a technique.

With his introduction and offering his words of praise in meeting her the diarch would answer, "It is a pleasure to meet you Astral. I am always glad to meet my subjects, especially when I have not met them before." After a moment's pause Celestia would continue, "Though I admit, your appearance stands out and I believe I heard my sister speak of a pony with your exact appearance... perhaps you can offer why that is?"

The princess was curious, as she did wonder if this was the same pony her sister had spoke of. She did take note the how Astral held himself and even spoke after calming himself, much like how her guards would stand and speak when addressing her leaving her to consider whether or not the pony before her had any training as a guard.

@@EquestrianScholar

Astral Legend

Astral looked down at himself just a little self conscious thinking that he may have had something weird on him. Took him all of two seconds to realize she was just talking about his bodly appearance in general which he was glad for. At least there was nothing that was undesirable. "Ah yes, I do get that from time to time. I didn't realize the way I look was unique. If Princess Luna mentioned a pony with a appearance like mine that was most definitely me. I got this dark red coat color from my father and the lighter red and black mane from my mother although her mane was two toned, it don't stand out much like mine. This tail comes from my great grandfather who was quite the lawbringer when Ponyville was first getting founded, I heard. When I was born, the doctor told my parents that this was the first time he seen a pony with an appearance like mine. Considering how my parents are in look, it seems I've got all of their traits in perfect harmony." he said as he was checking himself over. Although he was always wondering about it, considering how much similar he looked to his father. 

Astral once again stood up straight but was a little more relaxed now. He looked behind him and his horn glowed with his light red magic aura and took off his cape then put it in front of him. "This cape here that I always wear is something that was passed down in my family. It belonged to my great grandfather. The fabric that it's made out of is very strong and won't tear, rip, or fade. I also believe it's imbued with magic as well because depending on who wears it will not only have a unique pattern on the back but the color changes depending on the pony's preference which is why it's black for me." Astral turned the cape to the back and there as he said was a red pattern of his face against the black cape and the face seems to looking up  toward the sky due to Astral's aspirations and hopes in his life, it was symbolic. To never give up and to always keep his head up high when things get bad which is something he takes in great seriousness. Astral looked at Celestia with a smile. 

"Would you like to try it on, maybe? I'm curious as to see what it'd change into for you." he said as he levitated it up to her.

Edited by Astral Legend

@@Astral Legend

Celestia listened to her subject, giving Astral her full attention though she had not asked for a life story of sorts and her smile grew somewhat in amusement. She also considered his words on his grandfather being a lawbringer in Ponyville and though back to who that may be, as with such a detail she should know who this pony was, though she could not place it as the moment.

Onto the stallion's offer in wearing his cloak the princess chuckled and bit before saying, "If you wish for me to try it on, I don't believe it would be a problem." With such she would take the offered cloak with her own magic and levitate it behind her and secured it around her neck before looking behind her and waiting to see what would happen.

------------------------

@@EquestrianScholar

Nervous, was not quite the word Inkwell would use to describe how he felt right then. Not that he wasn’t nervous, but such a simple word could not describe the intensity of said emotion.

The grey earthpony was wearing a clean black coat that draped over his back and flank almost like a robe. On his head, he wore a similarly black wide brimmed hat with a single eagle’s feather sticking out the side. Today, for such a situation, he had found it fit to clean up and straighten out his blue mane.

Inkwell continually straightened his coat, out of nervousness rather than the fact it might have looked wrinkled, and kept feeling the small wooden case resting snugly in one of his coat’s pockets. He was next in line, and every part of him felt the need to simply run in the opposite direction. No shame in abandoning his pursuits, well, maybe there was. He had been bragging for quite some time about his audience with the Princess, and his colleagues would never let him live it down if he didn’t come back without even having entered the throne room.

What’s the worst that could happen in there anyways? Just about the worst thing she could do was say no, or she could get offended by his questions. Well, she could send him to the dungeon for being offended. Or, she was the most powerful magic in Eequestria, maybe even the whole world… what if she decided to use her magic to… destroy him, to put it mildly.

That last thought was a ridiculous notion though, she had no reason to do such a thing, plus she seemed to be a fairly rational individual. Unless… her sister Luna was there, then what if she decided to eat him!? He heard the rumors, and of course he knew the stories as a colt, the horror!

Before he could continue to stand there and stew on the horrors that might befall him for stepping out of place, the door opened. Inkwell’s heart quite literally stopped, then began exploding out of his chest at every beat. For a moment, he began to hyperventilate, but corrected himself with deliberate slow breaths.  His turn.

One of the guards at the door gestured for him to enter. It was difficult for Inkwell, taking another step forward felt impossible, like jumping off a cliff without wings. Your body just doesn’t want to do it. The guards practically had to push him into the throne room, and before he knew it and despite his silent protest, the door closed behind him with a loud clanking sound.

Inkwell looked up from staring at the ground, following the red carpet all the way to the throne at the other end. He took a gulp with two wide eyes fixed on the Princess.

“H…H… ehem,” He tried clearing his throat to mask his nervousness, “uh… hi- I mean, hello.”

Edited by SilverThunder

@@SilverThunder,

Celestia grinned in amusement at her subject's nervousness , thoughsecretly she was also exasperated by this. Part of her wondered how in 1000 years her subjects still seem to get so nervous around her. How it would seem to many ponies were afraid of saying or doing the wrong thing and thus displeased her.

Once the earth pony had made his way to the throne, and offered a stuttering hello Celestia would answer warmingly and with her well tried calm that normally put others are ease, "Greetings my dear subject, it is wonderful to see you, please be not uncertain and speak. What brings you here to see me today?"

Inkwell Jumped when the princess responded to his obviously informal and possibly offensive greeting. He should have bowed and greeted her properly, he didn’t expect such kind words though.

Without thinking, he tried to correct his earlier mistake, which looked a little out of place since he had just greeted her. Inkwell gave a deep bow. “Your majesty, it is an absolute honor to stand before you and speak with you today.” He said, rather composed actually, but still in his deep bow. Truth be told, he had been rehearsing what to say for hours now. It was the only way he would remember to say anything at all.

Then, after that, a blank. He had forgotten what to say. “U- uh…” A few awkward moments passed of him not remembering what to say when he figured an introduction couldn’t hurt. What did he have to lose? “Uh... your… grace, I am Flint Inkwell,” he gulped. “Naturalist and Biologist of the Canterlot Royal University. I come before you with a…” He trailed off, trying to remember the polite way he had written and thought out his request.

img-3006671-1-2s7dhg7.jpg@@SilverThunder,

"Flint Inkwell,” Celestia asked in suprise, thinking back to her visits to the university before saying with a nod, "yes... I believe I remember you mentioned by the dean during my visits."

Noticing the stallion still bowing in his confusion and uncertainty of standing before her Celesria would say, "Please, lift your head. I believe perhaps the word you're looking for is 'request'?" The princess could be wrong, but she did believe that is what Inkwell wanted to say.

It was a fairly common reason but her subjects came to visit her, either with questions, concerns, or requests. Though there was many time that Celestia was unable to answer her subjects request, at least directly. Sometimes because she just couldn't, other times because she disagreed with a requestion.

@@EquestrianScholar

Inkwell rose hesitantly. "Yes, your highness. I have a request. It's a tad bit... unorthodox, but I assure you it's purely in the name of research." He straightened himself up and pushed up his glasses. He wanted to say this in the most polite and none creepy way possible.

"You see, as you're aware, Alicorns are a fairly rare species. As such, there are virtually no opportunities to... study them, your highness. Well, I mean, that is to say, study them... biologically. As i'm sure you are also aware, no Alicorn cadavers or fossils have been discovered, that makes research extremely difficult. Being so radically... different from the typical pony genome, the scientific community can only speculate as to the precise differences." He explained. 

"Now, I do propose a more down to earth explanation for the development of an Alicorn, but I am at a loss to examine a fully developed one vs a fairly young one. Both would be needed to formulate a proper timeline of course, but I... don't have a thousand or so years to wait for the other Princesses I'm afraid." He gave a nervous chuckle, then waited for her initial reaction. 

Edited by SilverThunder

@@SilverThunder

After considering the stallion's words for a moment, her smile lessing just a bit, Celestia would not before offering, "Well fossils are very unlikely to be found, as our race lived a mostly insulated from other species. More I believe at this point in time, I and my sister are the last of the born alicorns. Princess Cadance and the recently crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle... becoming such through alternate means."

Celestia would stand from her throne and with a look to the guards would have all but her and Inkwill leave the room before saying in a serious tone, "Honestly I am uncertain how much to say, it being decided long ago to keep a silence on our race. Without my sister here I feel I may not offer much, but I can say this... born alicorns such as my sister and myself are meant to be a harmony between the three common pony races. Our form and power that of earth ponies, pegasus, and unicorns. Yet there is also more, our magic works differently and we live far extended lives. I and my sister age, but at a rate greatly decreased."

Considering Inkwell the princess says, "If you wish for more I would need to call for my sister, sending a guard to awaken her."

Inkwell suddenly reverted back to his nervousness, seeing the guards leave all but the princess and himself in the room. He wasn’t certain of her offer though, and he wanted to decline. Waking Princess Luna for his sake? A lowly commoner? She would certainly reign wrath down on him, if not eat him, for disturbing her slumber. She was Nightmare Moon afterall… not to mention she could haunt his dreams should she decide to, that might be a bit unpleasant, and it wouldn’t be all that difficult to exploit his fears.

Inkwell shifted nervously, appearing several times as if he wanted to say something, but only managed to open his mouth without a sound to close it seconds later. Rinse and repeat. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, if he declined politely, he wouldn’t learn anything.

“Ehem… err, well, I… I didn’t… I wouldn’t want to intrude, I mean, if her highness is resting and all…” He stuttered. “I uhm… I certainly wouldn't object of course, I leave the decision respectfully with you, your highness.” Inkwell was still trying to figure out how to ask for blood samples and anatomical measurements, that would be a bit more awkward than asking for cultural history.

@@SilverThunder,

@@Skycoaster

Princess Celestia sighs, resisting the urge to roll her eyes before looking the stallion and assuring with a smile, "Please Inkwell, no need to be nervous or afraid, my sister will not bite. Luna may be annoyed with me for waking her up, but I have my ways of making it up to her. You, on the other hoof have nothing to fear."

The princess chuckles, thinking on what Luna may ask of Celestia this time for bothering her sleep. More who she would send to wake her sister up, as who would take the risk of disturbing the diarach from her slumber.

With such she would walk slowly to the door and opening it poke her head out and say softly, "Guard, I need you to get my sister for me. Tell Luna I request her presence in the throne room and that it involves a matter of privacy."

Inkwell could hear the reply, "At once Your Highness," and Celestia say, "Thank you Golden, your dismissed."

Inkwell’s mouth fell agape, as he raised a hoof in vein protest while the princess walked over to the door. He didn’t understand his own thoughts on all this, he knew getting this information would be paramount to Alicorn research, but his nerves kept telling him it was a terrible idea. Probably because of the stories he had heard about Nightmare Moon as a colt. Objectively speaking, he understood as much, but it didn’t make it any easier.

Frozen in place, he merely waited in awkward silence for the other Princess. What else could he do?

@@SilverThunder,
@@Skycoaster

Celestia turns to Inkwell, and gives a soft sigh on seeing agape mouth while he offering a raised hoof as if wishing to protect. Yet the princess would smile, knowing full well it was too little, too late to protect. Yet the diarch of the sun felt she should at least try once more to reassure the stallion with the words, "Please, you have nothing to fear from my sister. You would do well to remember that Luna is not Nightmare Moon, nor were the two ever one and the same, though may whisper she still is or at least believe falsely that she should be feared as such." She cou;d not read minds, but she did know her subjects enough and had ears about that she could often guess what was going though their head. When one must deal with politics and leadership for a thousand years such things would become quite easy figure out.

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331_thumb.png

Princess Luna dragged herself to her chambers. Saying it was a busy night would be an understatement. Between helping ponies with their dreams and her typical duties had her exhausted her. She let out a sigh as she finally made it to her bed, falling onto it unceremoniously. She could see the sunrise through the window. She rolled over onto her side to face away from it, hoping to get a few extra hours of sleep in before her next round of tasks where to start. She did not envy who would awaken her. After a few moments of a small snore could be heard coming from the chambers.

@@EquestrianScholar
Luna's right eye shot open as she heard the unmistakable sound of armor coming down the hallway towards her chambers. With each step, her ear twitched before both eyes were wide open. Rolling over, she could tell by the angle of the sun that it was still quite early as she let out a sigh 'Looks like today my duties will take priority over my sleep.' The Princess of the Night would attempt to make herself presentable as a knock would come on her door. "Inform my sister I shall be with her shortly."

@@Skycoaster

Golden was surprised to hear that it would seem Princess Luna had already guessed him intentions for being there. Perhaps though it was merely the fact few others but her sister would dare bother the diarch as she slept.

Still, Princess Celestia had told him to relay a message to her sister and because of Such Golden says outside the door, "As you wish Your Highness, though Princess Celestia did tell me to say that she seeks your presence in the throne involving a matter of privacy. I shall tell Her Highness that you will be joining her shortly, my apologies for disturbing you."

Inkwell cringed at Celestia's response to his nervousness. It was embarrassing, to say the least, and a little shameful, especially in her presence. He hadn't said anything to suggest that's what he was thinking, but the princess had been playing this game for at least a thousand years... plus she was a demigod of sorts. 

Inkwell tried to straighten himself, and despite his nerves attempted to portray a confident appearance and not at all trembling under his skin. "Of course your highness, I'm so sorry, I- I didn't mean any disrespect."

@@EquestrianScholar,

After a few moments, the door to Luna's chambers would open as the Princess of the Night would step out. She looked to Golden Dawn and than back down the hall from witch he came. "Come," she said as she began to walk towards the throne room of Canterlot Castle. "Let us see of what matter my sister thought to awaken me." saying in a serous but sarcastic voice. Once we arrive, have the kitchen prepare a pot of dark coffee, for I fear I am going to be in need of it," she said as she looked back at Golden. "I am quite sure that if you mention my name and coffee, they shall know what I desire."

@@SilverThunder,

Luna would make her entering through the door to the left of the throne. No grand entrance was required, as she believed she just had a matter to discuses with Celestia before returning to bed for a little while. Her eyes went straight to the pony in the center of the throne room. "I am sure that my sister will be short so that you may return to your business citizen, for I shall not be long." Luna would finally walk up to her sister and look around the throne room once more. Twilight and her friends where not present, only one subject in the throne room. What was her sister up to?

"Sister, I can only wonder what parallel faces Equestria to have me awoken at this hour, for I am sure it must be very grave."

• Brohoof 1

@@SilverThunder,

Celestia offered Inkwell a nod and a soft smile before saying, "It is fine, you are not the first and you are unlikely to be the last." The princess only hoped that her sister would not be too annoyed with her or short with their subject.

@@Skycoaster

The royal guard with follow behind the princess, Golden wondering if he should have moved on ahead instead of waited, but as was his duty he would serve the princesses in whatever they required... which it would seem would involving getting coffee for the princess of the night.

"As you wish, Your Highness, Golden says with a bow before entering the kitchen and saying to the staff, "Her Highness Princess Luna requires a pot of coffee." Those there would give each other a look, before getting to work.

Celestia shook her head, before saying to her sister with a sheepish smile, "Not exactly sister, it is merely a matter I have put off revealing to my subjects for a thousand years... that of our race and kind."

Looking to Inkwell the princess would direct Luna's attention to the stallion before continuing with the words, "Our subject here has requested the opportunity to research alicorn autonomy and biology, seeking my aid in such a venture... yet given the nature of the request I felt it needed the approval of both you and I, dear sister, since we are the last born alicorns."

Offering the stallion an encouraging nod, Princess Celestia requested, "Please Inkwell, if you may, make your request formally to my sister as you had offered me before."

@@Skycoaster, @@EquestrianScholar,  

Inkwell was feeling rather small at that point, literally and figuratively. He had gotten most of his nervousness out just speaking with Princess Celestia, but both of them at the same time, looking at him expectantly, was quite unnerving.

Shaking just a little, Inkwell cleared his throat and faced Princess Luna. “Well, You see, um… your highness, upon investigation, it has become evident that there is little to no pertinent information regarding the Alicorn physiology or their history. As you also must be aware, no legitimate Alicorn cadavers have been unearthed to date for the purposes of study. My ultimate goal is to determine whether or not there is a genetic factor for generating a naturally born Alicorn, and to catalogue a method in which to identify those who may be related to the species. This requires an accurate history, blood and hair samples, and up to date physical information.”

Inkwell took a deep breath upon finishing his request and proposal. He was surprised it came out so easily the second time around. Now he just waited for the response, truly unsure of how they would both collectively respond.

@@EquestrianScholar, @@SilverThunder,

Luna raised an eyebrow at her sister before speaking. "I see sister..." as she trailed off for a moment. "If you feel that it shall be beneficial to our subjects, than I have no quarrel against it, however," as the princess began to walk slowly towards the gray earth pony. "I have but one stipulation, and one that I feel my sister will agree with." as she looked directly at him. "Any weakness that may be discovered be keep between us, for certain info, I feel, may be exploited if made public. Is that clear citizen?"

Princess Luna returned her attention to her sister before speaking once more. "I also feel that the results be shared with Twilight Sparkle and Cadance before being published for their input as well. Wouldn't you agree sister?"

@@SilverThunder, @@Skycoaster
Princess Celestia nodded, pleased with how well Inkwell had explained things to Luna and herself, before turning to her sister at her question and saying, “Yes sister, such is a reasonable request. Weakness by not do well if found by some, being misused or for ill intent. More I do find it fair to allow Twilight and Cadance access to any information gained during this study, as though they are not born alicorns like ourselves they are still alicorns none the less.

Turning to Inkwell she would also offer, “Some of your questions may be quickly answered, even without testing. Such has new alicorns being born, but such answers can wait until have started. I can offering that I and my sister can bear foals, as Prince Blueblood is in truth to me by blood… if quite distantly. When and where should we meet for such studies?