EquestrianScholar

[Canterlot] Meetings At The Throne Room

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331_thumb.png

@@EquestrianScholar, @@Golbez,

Princess Luna watched with intent, focusing in on each small detail  remaining silent throughout most of the performance. She had to admit that though skeptical at first, this griffon was quite skilled in his trade. The princess let out a gasp at the puff of feathers that had appeared before her as she stared almost in shock that somepony would do something like that to a little bird. After a few moments when the bird and its twin appeared, she let out a sigh of relief and the look of shock was replaced by a small small smile that only seemed to grow as the show progressed.

As the griffon started his final trick, Luna was sitting on the edge of her seat. How could the griffon top himself without the use of unicorn magic. The princess watched intently as the birds went into the box. 'Two entered. perhaps four will exit.' Luna thought to herself before being caught off guard as two bright red pegasus wings appeared from the small box. Blinking twice, the princess had to be sure of what she was seeing. Sure enough an entire pegasus appeared. Luna turned her head to look at the griffon, than the box, than the pony before doing it again in reverse order. As the pony spoke, the princess would smile at her. "Thou have given us quite the startle, though it appears that we may have surprised you more. You have nothing to fear from us, though we do hope that your case was checked with the guards before entering. They do not take to kindly to smuggling ponies into the castle....Do not fear, I only jest. That was quite the act Sir Griffon. We applaud thee."

post-28184-0-02260900-1421904891.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

Diamond Tiara listened intently to the pegasi's next words as they walked. In the back of her mind, she already anticipated the pony figuring out her intentions and berating her, or, even worse, pitying her.

But none of that ever came. Instead, the pegasi simply smiled at her and gave her his cutie mark story, like she'd wanted. It was a quick story, but it did help a little. As she thought about more, it answered her main question, as well as her silent one(she'd try to trust him a bit more now). Although for answering questions, it also gave her a few more... but she stowed those for later.

"I think so." she finally said in reply. "Your cutie mark came when you learned to be brave, and help others be brave. It came when you learned...what idea was most important to you?"

Edited by Shimmer5000

post-19423-0-70053500-1417736653.png

@@EquestrianScholar, @@Skycoaster

Golbez removed his top hat as he bowed majestically before the two sisters during their applause, Cherry beamed as she followed suit, bowing her head...and again...and again...and a-

"I'm pleased that your pleased, your majesty's, I cannot deny to perform for you was both a privilege and an honour and I feel deeply humbled," the magician replaced his hat back onto his head as he sat back on his haunches, Cherry waked behind him to fit close by his side, still smiling up at him.

"If I may, I would like enquire about my actual reason for standing here before you, I realise you are very busy and I promise I won't take up much more of your time."

((OOC: just a short post becadue it's late and I just want to keep it going^^))

img-3426572-1-img-3006671-1-2s7dhg7.jpg

@Skycoaster@Golbez,
Celestia was pleased both with Golbez act and with her sister's enjoyment of it. It was well planned, and while she guessed much of it or at least did so once she was the act herself it was skillfully done. His performance would leave many baffled and trying to figure out how it works. She would chuckle at her sisters joke though, and considered possibly having a bit of fun with the guards who were on duty with a mention of what the griffin did in bring in a pony inside without them noticing.

"Please Golbez, the honor was all ours as it is not often one off our subjects come forward with entertainment," More, the princess would think, that he would offer such without seeking payment. Considering the pair for a moment before saying, "Yes, ask what you will, and if you seek anything I will offer it if I am able. I feel such a wonderful act deserves some sort of payment." Celestia would turn to her sister, seeking her agreement with such words.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
@Shimmer5000

Golden Dawn
"Yes for the most part Miss Tiara," Golden would say, feeling she had gotten it, before offering as he place a hoof gently on her shoulder, "and I hope my words have help you to be a little braver my little friend... such as perhaps feeling more comfortable in asking the princess something personal and coming here alone by herself." He hoped he did not say too much, as he was not always certain around foals but he suspected that her reason for meeting with the princess had something to do with her question.

The stallion would move his hoof away, and on continuing and making a turn to go down to that of a large hallway the grand entrance to the closed doors of the throneroom would come into view. This was the moment for Diamond to decide if she was brave enough to meet with Princess Celestia as she had already showed though the young filly had come to castle alone all the way from Ponyville. It was a brave thing, even if the filly didn't realize it thinking more on getting in trouble.

@@EquestrianScholar, @@Golbez,

Princess Luna nodded her head to show respect to the griffon before turning to face her sister. "I agree hole wholeheartedly sister," before turning her gaze back onto the performers. "Please do tell. It is the least that we may do as reward for such a wonderful act. As Celestia had said, your act was a welcomed change of pace from the mundane duties that we face daily. Perhaps we could reward thee with a...." turning to Celestia, "What do they call it now...a gig? How dose the Grand Galloping Galla sound Celestia? I am sure that stuffy evening could use some entertainment." Luna turned her head and smiled at the pair.

"Now than, let us get down to business." as Luna cleared her throat. "Please state thy propose for coming before us," as she gave the two her full attention.

Solar Sentinel had just returned from a training exercise. He had cleaned himself up, making sure that his armor was polished to a mirror. Hopefully one of the princesses would take notice of his dedication, or at least he thought. He would not complain, he loved his job, though he had to admit, he felt that there was more than just standing in some off hallway that may be used once a week, or being used as a wall sentry. Today was his chance. He was to be posted in the main hall. Though not the most exciting, he at least had a chance to see the princesses and perhaps the would see his hard work.

Solar entered the throne room from a rear door at took up his position. From his vantage point, he could see the back of the thrown as well as both princess's manes. 'This must be something important if both Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are involved,' he thought to himself. 'I wonder what could be going on?' He could only hear the muffled conversation, or at least until her heard a particular voice.

"*Gasp* Golbez, you never told me Princess Luna was going to be here! Oh my gosh I'm sooo embarrassed!,"
The young guard went pail, or at least as pale as his white coat could. 'What has she gotten herself into,' as he shook his head, the sun shining off his polished armor through a window, trying to remain as professional as possible, though his curiosity was getting the better of him.

post-28184-0-72376900-1422840111.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

"Uh...thanks", she muttered. The word was hard to use sincerely, and outside of the one or two times today, she didn't know the last time she had used it that way. She also didn't know how much those words had truly helped. Though they'd helped her a little, she was still terrified of meeting the princess. So many things could happen here, she just hoped she would make the right choice.

It was silent for a large part of the walk after that. After quite some time, they came to a hallway. At the end of it was what she assumed was the doors to the throne room, given how large and imposing it was. Reaching the doors themselves, she reached up a shaking hoof to open them. Time stood still for her for several moments, and all she could hear was the sound of her own breath and heartbeat. Finally, seizing a fleeting moment of courage, she made her decision. Too far to go back now.

She pushed.

Meetings in the Throneroom
@Skycoaster,@Golbez,
The diarch of the sun would consider the griffin and the excitement of his assistant in meeting both Luna and herself, chuckling softly as the scene though in a good natured way. Looking to her sister at the question Celestia would say, “Yes my sister, that is one way of putting it. Another that could apply is sponsorship though offering that he join in the next Grand Galloping Gala as entertainment would be interesting. Given what happened last time we should be fine, I belief those coming will expect something new to happen.

Golden Dawn
@,
Hold,” Golden would say, firmly yet gently as he placed a hoof of the young filly's shoulder before explaining to Diamond, “Her Highness is meeting with another at the moment, you should wait your turn. I apologize it should hopefully not be much longer.” The pegasus would try and offer an encouraging smile, to show that she hadn't done anything wrong just that she would need to wait before entering. Considering how else to pass the time Golden would ask likely to Diamond' suprise, “If I may ask... what of your home Miss Tiara, do you have any friends? One that you may depend on to stay by your side no matter what?” There was something about the filly, she seemed to perhaps come from a wealthy family and likely with some worry or concern that she wanted the princess' help with.

post-28184-0-15026600-1423033055.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

Diamond Tiara watched as the door that had just barely begun to open closed again. It was Golden Dawn. She turned to him as he spoke to her, warning her that there was some other pony already meeting the princess, and that she would have to wait.

He smiled, though it didn't make her feel better. She stepped back from the door with a sigh. It wasn't fair; it had taken her so long to build up the courage to get here! Now she was stuck on the outside, with no way to change her current situation. So, left with no options, Diamond Tiara chose to do something she had hardly ever done in her life; She chose to sit and wait her turn. A few seconds later, Golden Dawn spoke again.

She slowly looked up and blinked at the pegasus as he asked his question. He wanted to know about her friends? She honestly didn't see what point there was in lying to him about it (even if she had wanted to), so standing up, she answered honestly:

"I have one... friend, she said, pausing as if to actually consider the word. "I used to have others," she said, pausing again, "but now it's just me and Silver Spoon. We do almost everything together."

Upon hearing the words "Grand Galloping Gala" Golbez was immediately tempted into doing a small talon pump at his success of impressing the two sisters, but restrained himself, wanting to the air if sophistication around him.

Cherry however, didn't, hopping up and down on the spot excitedly like a little filly as emitted a high pitched squeak of excitement whilst giggling giddily.

Golbez glances at his assistant and smirked with mild amusement, rolling his eyes as he turned his attention to the two princesses, teaching for his top hat again he removed and instead placed it against his chest.

"Well your highness, you see, my family actually comes from a long line of entertainers and magicians, like me my father was also a magician as too were his father and so on. Originally we actually resided in the griffon kingdom but it was my father who decided to try his luck at success in Los Pegasus, performing in front of large crowds of ponies seemed like a bigger challenge than his own kind, it was a risky chance he took but one that evidentially paid off as be became...well...a success."

Golbez paused as he rubbed the back of his head, looking at least a little awkward, as if hoping he wasn't coming off as boasting, as proven further as he continued,"My father is retired now and has allowed me to take to the stage myself, but unlike him, I didn't start off my career the same as he did."

"Unlike him when I started, I have my own theatre with my name in lights, I'm financially secure...and about two dozen ponies that are willing to work for me, I have...everything that any other magician could dream of...and yet here I am already starting my career with it."

Golbez sighs."I'm not ungrateful for it, far far from it, and I want to do everything in my power to uphold the Grandolfo name, but I also want to do more than just follow in my father's shadow...I want to make a true name for myself and stand out...I want...I want to "Dare"."

Cherry looked up at Golbez and offered him a sympathetic smile, extending a small wing behind his back in support, he smiled back at her,"I'd just like to know how I could do this when my father has already achieved the dream of success, what can I do that hasn't already been done?"

• Brohoof 1

@@Golbez, @@EquestrianScholar,

Luna could not help but smile at the red pegasus's reaction to her suggestion, before addressing the griffon's statement. "We understand," She said as she looked to her sister a moment. "Tis not a problem that many come to us with," as she looked back to him. "We know all too well what it is like to dwell in ones shadow, particularity what that shadow is cast by a family member." The princess could not help but think of the time that she had spent in her sisters shadow and the unpleasantness results, frowning for a moment before getting her mind back on the matter at hoof.

"If you feel that you are riding your father's coattails, than so be it. If thou wishes to create a name for one's self, venture away from Las Pegasus. Perhaps a tour of Equestria where nopony has heard of your father." The princess's head turned ever so slightly as so she was staring at the red pegasus. "As for you, your loyalty to your boss and friend is quite admirable. We are quite sure that any venture you two embark on will do well, correct sister," as she turned to face Celestia.

@Skycoaster,@Golbez,
Celestia would silently consider Golbez, Cherry, and her sister before saying softly, “We are glad to see excitement for our offer that you perform at the Grand Galloping Gala, it is also good that you seek to find your own path. I hope your father understands your feeling, your wish to not fall under his shadow and find success without the ease already offered by your family name.” She would look to Luna, a quiet sadness as her sister's words knowing that they involved the two of them.

Smiling at Luna's words of touring Equestria and that the two before them could accomplish whatever they wish together. Celestia felt Golbez and Cherry actually did make a good team, going far and saying as much at her sister's prodding, “I too think that together the two of you can do the amazing, travel Equestria and show off the skills the both of you possess, Golbez and Cherry. I would even wonder how far your partnership could go, beyond work and friendship.” The princess would chuckle at her words, not going farther as she really didn't know how close the two were.

Golden Dawn
@,
The guard would quietly study the young foal, seeing Diamond's disappointment in not being able to enter the the throneroom and considering that perhaps she was upset. He would actually begin to worry a bit when the earth pony said she had only one friend, especially since she had others at one point, before nodding. Smiling in a reassuring tone Golden would say after gently patting her shoulder, “Well one friend is better then no friend Miss Tiara, keep her close and treat her well. If you do, well you can never be alone.” He wondered why the filly didn't have other friends, as she seems a sweet foal, and found it odd that she had only one.

post-28184-0-22826900-1423534795.jpg

@EquestrianScholar

"That's what all the old fairytales used to tell me," she said, thinking about the few times when her Dad had actually sat down with her and read her stories. It had been years ago, but she still remembered tales of brave ponies rescuing the weak and helpless from the clutches of evil Dragons and Manticores. Always, they had a good friend by their side, whether they were there to help the hero through impossible obstacles, or just to tell jokes to make them both smile. She was too old for them now, obviously, but... thinking back on those days made her feel warmer inside. She cracked a small smile herself.

"Silver Spoon was the only one to stick by me," she said. A long time ago, when everypony else only wanted to hang around me because of what I could give them, I think she was the only one who just wanted to be friends. Even now, she follows me around, even though I don't think she always agrees with the things I do," she finished.

She thought about it; they really did do almost everything together. But she knew the routine by now. No matter how much fun they had, at the end of the day, Silver Spoon would be going home to her family, and she'd be alone. 75 maids and butlers in a 25 room mansion, and it was still as empty as an open tomb. It was no understatement she hated that place.

And she hated thinking about it almost as much as she hated being there. So she tried to latch onto another thought instead. Something that made her happy.

"Hey..." she said, with a long pause. She finally added "would you tell me another story? I kinda liked the last one," she said, looking at Golden Dawn with an almost pleading expression on her face.

"Yeah!" Cherry exclaimed at the idea of the two of them traveling over Equestria, now hovering in the air the Pegasus mare circled around Golbez.

"We could totally do that Golbez! We wouldn't need to perform to set schedules anymore, we could just do it whenever, wherever we want to!"

While his assistant was almost ecstatic about the notion of becoming traveling performers, Golbez however, perhaps surprisingly, didn't look so keen.

Golbez looked up at his assistant, frowning slightly at her behaviour, "...and what of everypony else Cherry? What of Mr Bunsen Burner and Artfull Dodger?...of Miss Silver Sterling or Candy Cane?...or Gabranth for that matter? What would they do if we decided to do this?" Golbez raised an eyebrow as he stated the names of others that assumingly they both knew of, it was enough to stop Cherry in her tracks as she she abruptly dropped from the air and landing in her hooves, a mixture of shock and disappointment on her face.

Golbez smiled sympathetically at his assistant before turning to the two sisters with the same smile,"It's not that I'm ungrateful for your words your majesties, it's just that it's simply not as simple as all that."

"You see, as I've mentioned before I have several dozen ponies under my employment, their loyalty and dedication is admirable and I reward them for it in kind, yes some may be outspoken, quirky and even have the gall to talk to back to me, but I admire that...they have...spirit, which is more than can be said for these layabouts I've heard of, these...Canterlot Elite if I recall correctly."

Golbez pauses for a moment as he clears his throat,"These ponies depend on me as much as I depend on them, they have their own lives and families of their own to take care of and if I were to do this to them well I...I don't think I could forgive myself, I'm sorry, but even if I wanted to I just couldn't be that selfish."

Golbez peers over at his shoulder to find his assistant leaning on his shoulder, looking up at him smiling yet tearful in her eyes, he extends a wing and gently wraps it around her.

@Skycoaster,@Golbez,
Celestia would consider for a moment, looking to her sister, before asking, “Well if you fear leaving behind all those under your care and employment... have you consider perhaps having a pony you trust take care of your business' headquarters, as well as take care of things while you travel? Also, you could always have others travel with you, perhaps have your performance be much like that of other large entertainment traveling groups such as the Ringling Sis. and Marenum & Barley Circus? Thus take many of those under your employ with you, while leaving some behind to take care of things while your assistant and you travel.

The princess was trying to offer suggestions for how the griffin and mare could actually have that which few have a chance to experience, especially since Cherry had been so excited to hear before having such dashed by common sense. Admittedly, Celestia was not an expert on such things though she had seen many great acts rise and fall so it was quite possible such a suggestion was not as helpful in this case. The mare did feel if given the chance to fully understand how Golbez run things she could give better advise if what she had just said didn't work.

Golden Dawn
@,

Golden would listen as the filly spoke, wondering what Diamond may do that her friend would disagree with yet the guard felt it was not his place to ask though he was off duty. On her request for the pegasus to tell her a story he would say, “Well, perhaps I can tell you one of the stories my father told me involving Her Highness, Princess Celestia. Such as the time she met an earth pony whose great, great grandfather was found haunting the family's 100 year old grandfather clock.

The stallion would chuckle, before saying in a tone that seemed serious though the story could be considered silly and unbelievable yet it was true. Trying to sound convincing Golden would say, “It was when my father had probably when with the guard for a couple of years, I was around your age Miss Tiara when he told me and I admit I didn't believe him at first. It would seem, the spirit have decided to hide in the grandfather clock after his death as it had been made by his hoof and didn't want his family getting rid of it. The clock was put in storage but the colt had got to Celestia after having taking the grandfather clock out yet being unable to fix the time and having other strange things happen around the house.”

Continuing he would say with a chuckle, “The princess was after first confused on why she was being asked for, but would find amusing once she found out that the clock had been built for her. The colt's great, great grandfather said he would only pass on if his grandson would give the clock to Her Highness as it had been intended. Once this was taken care of, Celestia would have gained a new grandfather clock and the colt would leave having a story to tell others. It is actually right over there.” Golden would point to an large and actually quite impressive grandfather clock that looked like it had been made by a master clock maker.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

post-28184-0-34749900-1424157333.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

Diamond Tiara was caught two ways by the story. On the one hand, she had just been told a ghost story. Even coming from one of Celestia's royal guards, it seemed just a little bit ridiculous and unbelievable. She herself had gotten over tales of "spooks in the night" soon after her father had stopped reading stories to her. They were just fantasies, meant to scare foals; that was all.

On the other hand... he had sounded pretty convincing. And the grandfather clock was right there. Come to think of it, would ghosts really be the most implausible thing to happen to her? She'd seen the world flipped upside, or at least Ponyville, and heard crazy moon dictators chase the sun out of the sky and threaten eternal night. Then there was the CMC...

But no, it had to be ridiculous, and she decided to plainly voice her opinion. What started with a touch of arrogance, however, quickly dropped into uncertainty as she finished.

"Everypony knows that's impossible. Ghosts don't exist... right?" she said, casting a cursory glance at the clock just to make sure.

"Having somepony else "hold the fort" as it were, probably would be a smart idea Princess," Cherry perked up expectantly,"...the problem is I'm a firm believer of "if you want something done right, do it yourself,"," Cherry puffed her cheeks out, looking a little annoyed comically, a small smile adorn the griffons beak as he noticed this.

"It's not that I don't trust any of my employee's your majesty, in fact I do already rely on several ponies to help me run the theatre, it's not just a simple matter of just walking on stage and doing what I do best, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes as I'm sure you can imagine."

"To give you a rough idea your majesties, to run my theatre it takes at least one pony to assist me in a different attribute to run the theatre, for instance there's:

Finances

Security

Insurances of varies types

Health and safety

Training, my own and other's included

Cleaning

Maintainence

Choreography

Costume department

Advertising

...and don't even get me started on the miniature zoo."

Golbez looks up with an amused look on his face, assuming he had helped paint a clearer picture of his predicament to the two sister's,"It may be possible to have a few ponies to work together to run the place in my stead, I could think of a few right now that might up to the task, but it would only be a short term solution before they start going for each other's throats." Both the mare and griffon chuckle slightly at this.

"But, a circus?...now there's an idea."

Golbez raises a talon to his as he takes a few small steps forward, toying with the idea,"I mean, it's a bold idea, and unusual...but that's what makes it stand out so much, it's a haven for curiosity and pure entertainment,"

By now Golbez seemed to have absent mindedly began to pace in a circle around around Cherry, who simply sat there rather amused at her friend as he carried on, albiet seemingly thinking to himself out loud than actually talking to any pony,"...of course we would need to set up a suitable mode of transport, and perhaps recruit some more talent but apart from that we should have the resources we would need, there's no reason why it wouldn't work at all."

"YES!!"

Golbez stopped pacing and stood in his tracks, and looked up...realising he had his back turned to the two princess's as he peered over his shoulder, Cherry brought a hoof to cover her face in embarrassment as she giggled a little to his little mistake.

"Your Magesties, you have given me a lot to think about and for that I thank you, this might be very well be the answer I needed."

Princess Luna had to agree with her sister. "We can remember the days of old when great traveling acts where commonplace across Equestria. You and your talented assistant should be able to headline such an act, particularly if it was of the caliber that we have witnessed here today." Luna said with a smile. She herself was still mesmerized by the performance that they had given. "We are sure that you would make a fine ring master Sir Golbez, however do not forget our offer to preform at the Grand Galloping Galla."

The princess temperally distracted by the reflection of sunlight in her eye by a set of polished armor and the guard that seemed to be wearing it. Looking over to her elder sister, Luna would smile. "He is not one of mine, he must be one of yours," she said turning her head as so Celestia could see whom it was they where talking about. "His gaze seems to be fixaited on Sir Golbesz's assistant." she would say with a wink. Looking back at the red mare, she would smile. "It would appear is if thou has acquired an admirer."

@Skycoaster,@Golbez,

Celestia would press a hoof to her lips, trying to surprise a giggle as she watches and listens to the griffin take to her idea well. She was pleased that her suggestion had been taken so well, more that her sister Luna supported such an idea as well. Smiling the princess would consider something else, laughing softly that the thought though considering Luna first. Celestia would nod at her sister's words and offer in agreement, "Yes, we would both still be most pleased to see you perform at the Grand Galloping Gala."

Smiling slyly, the princess would offer her thought to the griffin. "Perhaps a dragon could help with transportation," Celestia asked in amusement, only half joking with her words as she might know a dragon or two that could be willing to help with transportation if for no other reason then boredom, "Such could also make for an impressive act would it not." She would consider her sister, hoping she would not be displeased by such a suggestion since there had admittingly been issues in the past involving dragons and ponies.

Celestia would consider where her sister was drawing attention too, seeing one of her guards having entered and seeming to be looking at Cherry for some reason. This did surprise the princess a bit, though she was sure he stallion had a reason for being their though she was curious to what he wanted, "Solar Sentinel, what is it you seek? Perhaps you know Cherry or is it as my sister says?"

Golden Dawn
@,
The stallion would shake his head, before smiling and saying, "My home is a town found within Hollow Shades, a forest not too far from Canterlot. I can say for certain that ghosts do exist my young friend. I can also say not all ghosts means a pony harm but may well seek another's attention. My father told me this story and I trust him and I believe in Princess Celestia, who confirmed the story he told." Golden would look to the clock, chuckling softly as he though back to his years going up in a home many strange things happenings there. Spirits and ghosts being only part of perhaps what his home was, as it was a mining town as well though though the shades of the forest what drew many there.

Gilbez raised a talon to his chin in thought of a dragon used for transportation, seemingly taking the idea seriously,"That could take some doing but I think- "NOOOOO!!"

Golbez blinked as he looked at his assistant after she yelled at him, who was in turn looking back at him with a surprisingly stern look," NO! No no no, no no, no no no, NO NO NO NO NO.......NOOOOOOOOOOO Dragons!! Don't you even dare!" Every time The red mare would say no she poked Golbez with her hoof either in the chest or on the shoulder, it would have looked at least a little comical as Golbez demonstrated trying to surpress a smile.

"I was suggesting if it would-"It wouldn't! Because we are not going it!" Cherry shrieked, and a suppressed guffaw went past Gilbez's beak.

"I know what your like with your ideas mister!" Cherry pointed an accusing hoof at the griffon, "Your not blowing this outbid aaaaaaaalll proportion, there's ambitious...and then there's stupid."

It took a moment to realize what she thought was a very bad choice of words, and as the Peincess was addressing Solar Sentinal, Cherry turned around on the spot and in a fit if blind panic, attempted to explain herself,"Not that I'm saying your idea was stupid your majesty I wouldn't daresaysuchathingit'sjustGolbezdoessimetimestakestoofarthinkinghe'smakIngrhembetterbutreallyheisn'thejustblowsthemoutofaaaaallproprtionandthenbecomestupidsoIwasn'tcallingyoustupidatallyourhighness Ha Ha Ha Ha ha....please don't lock me up....."

Cherry cringed as she said those last words, as if expecting something to happen right there and then, as Gilbez approached her from behind with a look of amused pity she flinched slightly as he extended a wing around her shoulders, she peeped one eye open and smiled sheepishly up at the Griffon,"I promise, no dragons,"

"Promise?"

As Golbez nodded his head slightly his assistant replied by silently resting her head agains his shoulder, Golbez looked up to the two sisters to address them,"My apologies your highness'es, while my assistant may be a tad....eccentric, she means well, quite honestly I wouldn't know what I do without h--"SOLAR!!"

Without warning Cherry exploded from within the grasp of Holbez's wing, effectively knocking him back as she cannonballed toward the shiny armour classed pony,"OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH....."

• Brohoof 1

Princess Luna could not help but hid her smile at what was transpiring in front of her. The way the red mare was reacting to the mention of a dragon was quite comical in her opinion. Luna could not help but think if their magic act ever fails, they have potential in comedy. Luna would look to her sister and smile before looking back at the pare. "I do not get where ponies think that Celestia will lock them up. It is I that acutally would have ponies locked away in the days of old," as Luna winked at the griffon. "Fear not young pegasus. You have not offended my, and I am sure that I speak for my sister in that you be able to leave on your own will."

Luna now turned her attention on the young guard. "Come forward Solar Sentinel. If you would have something to say, ether to myself, my sister, or the mare, please do."

post-1908-0-42663900-1424929582_thumb.jpg

Solar was at a loss for words, having been addressed directly by both princesses. The white stallion would be turning pail if that where possible. With a gulp, he began to step forward to address the princesses. "Your Highness's," he said with a bow, "I....it's.....I was afraid for Cherry. I had only just started my shift and found her standing before both of you. I thought she might be in trouble." he laughed uneasily. "If it required both your attention..." The stallion stopped and braced for impending impact.

post-28184-0-81928700-1425161891.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

"So ghosts do exist..." she said, trailing off.

She took one more glance at the clock. Knowing that ghosts actually existed should've been a terrifying thought, but suddenly, she didn't feel scared anymore. Maybe it was the fact that she knew they could be friendly or even family now. Were their spirits watching her right now...?

Okay, that thought was just a little creepy. Turning her attention back to Golden Dawn, she spoke again.

"Sorry, I don't really have any stories to tell," she said simply, though she hung on the sentence unnaturally long.  "Well, like, good ones anyway," she said, as she took her tiara off and began to absentmindedly polish it with a hoof. "I don't really tend to get happy endings; I learned that a long time ago."

@Golbez,
Celestia would offer a look of surprise at how Cherry did not seem like her suggestion, watching the pegasus in amusement. The princess was curious though why the mare reacted as she did yet would wait to see what would happen.

The white alicorn would smile at the pegasi's realization that her words could be taken negatively towards Celestia and to her apology the princess would say, “Please, you have not upset me dear nor will I lock you up. I admit though I am both surprise and curious on yoru words. While my words were partly in jest I wonder why you are so against the idea of dragon transportation... not all dragons wish any harm to ponies.”

Consider both Golbez and Cherry before with a soft chuckle says, “If that is what you both seek that is fine. I am certain the two of you can come up with a solution to this prob...” The princess would pause as she consider Cherry moved quickly to her guard and knocked him back. She would place a hoove to jer lips so as to hold back a laugh.

@Skycoaster,
Turning to Luna the princess would sigh before saying softly so only her sister could hear, “It seems to come with the title and happens often. Turning her attention to Golbez as Luna spoke with him and nods at her sister's words in agreement.

The princess would turn to consider Solar, listening as the stallion explained his presence before the royal sisters. Celestia would smile before assuring, “She is in no trouble, but here wish Golbez as his assistant as he showed off his talent and skill as a magician. They were both wonderful, she is a dedicated mare squeezing herself into the suitcase. My sister is here at my respect for an... unrelated matter.”

Golden Dawn
@,
It would seem that perhaps the guard had accomplished something, since it would seem his story had not scared the filly and wondered if his words would leave an impression on her. He understood that for many ghosts were something to be fear or disbelieved, but neither was the case.

To Diamond's words Golden would frown before asking, “Oh, why it is that you feel you don't tend to get happy endings? You seem to be a mare well cared for, bright and well behaved. Do you have trouble at home or at school perhaps? The stallion considered the filly concerned, not that of pity but genuine interest and worry.

post-28184-0-71721000-1425535912.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

"Well cared for, bright, and well behaved." she said. "You know, that's all that anypony sees. She's so smart, she's so gorgeous, she's so wealthy, she must be the pride of the Rich Estate." she said, adopting an accent that clearly mocked something she had heard before.

"Yeah, i've heard it all," she said, suddenly deapanning. And i've played it all. To my father, when he's around, i'm a perfect little angel. To the rest of high class society, i'm the picture of poise and grace. To my teacher and instructors, i'm a genius. To the ponies at my school and the rest of the town, i'm just some spoiled rich filly from some spoiled rich family who thinks she's better than everypony else".

By now, she was whispering, though whether it was because she was too angry to shout or too tired to care was a hard guess. "Ever since I could walk, i've been forced to keep up to expectations. My entire life, i've never once been anything other than what i've been told to be. Do this, be that, act like this...I've gotten so good at it, sometimes I don't even know if i'm pretending anymore," she said, now sounding much more defeated than angry.

"Yeah, the pride of the Rich Estate, and everything anypony could ever ask for. Beautiful, bright, and well behaved... and all it took was me losing track of who I really am, among other things. Some "happy ending"," she said sarcastically. She let the words hang unnaturally in the air; to her, they were cold enough to be solid.

@@EquestrianScholar,

Luna sighed lightly at her sister's remark. "It would appear so. I suppose that my antics from when we where both young do not help that image. Oh the fun that I would have with the trap doors of our old castle...though I do not remember locking anypony away?"  The princess looked up, trying to remember back to that time. "I do not suppose you remember what I did to Princess Platinum all those years ago? Could it have evolved from that?" The younger sibling gave her sister a slight smirk for a moment. "Perhaps we should have a trapdoor installed here..."

Princess Luna tuned her attention to the mare as she was cannon balling towards the guard before her sister's comment registered, quickly she turned her head to the suitcase that she had squeezed out of. "She was in that small case this hole time?"

@@Skycoaster,
“Twlight and her friends experienced first hoof the trap doors at our old castle, among other fun antics by Pinkie Pie it would seem from a letter that would sent later,” Celestia would say softly with a chuckle before considering her sister's question and continuing, “No, I don't believe any of us have ever locked up a pony unless they broke the law and even then unless it was serious it wasn't for long.”

The princess would consider Luna's inquiry involving Princess Platinum before offering with a giggle, “Well you did give the unicorn princess a piece of your mind for calling us blank flanks but you two got along fairly well afterwards so I doubt it was from that.” Celestia would sigh before offering, “I believe it comes with how ponies have grown so in awe of me after so many years of ruling Equestria, knowing that I had the power to punish them if they displease me. It is I admit mostly from ponies that have never met me, which now with your return sister it applies to you.”

“Yes we had been, most impressive though really my sister you saw it as well, I did not sense any magic being used,” Celestia would consider Cherry and the guard, wondering what perhaps their relationship was.

Golden Dawn
@,
The stallion was a bit uncertain at first if he should, not only because he wasn't sure how the filly would react but because he worried it wasn't his place, but after just a moment of having finished listening to the filly Golden would offer his wing in comfort over Diamond's shoulders and back. He wouldn't say a word, just be there next to Diamond and show that he was willing to offer comfort where the filly may not have had in a while. It was no wonder the mare wasn't happy, from what she had told him and the guard felt honored to have such words shared with him.

Her words were that of a pony with a life very different then his own, a lonely life filled with pressure and demands that he himself had not suffered through. He never had to act a certain way and behave a certain why because he had to, no he followed good behavior from example and because of an honest desire to do what he had been taught was right. His family was more simple folk, though his father was a respect member of the royal guard.

Edited by EquestrianScholar