EquestrianScholar

[Canterlot] Meetings At The Throne Room

post-28184-0-80861300-1426464629.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

Diamond Tiara didn't care about feelings; not even her own. She had had grown entirely used to a world filled with conflict and pressure, liars and schemers, and hateful thoughts hidden behind disingenuous statements of praise and affection. She thought of things such as kindness as something that ponies only gave when they wanted something in return, and she had seen through enough false smiles to believe that was more than true. Respect was the only emotion she thought she would ever need to show, and so she had let go of the rest.

Or so she had thought. Here she was talking about the things she'd long thought had shriveled up and died off by now. Talking to someone who didn't even know who she was, and still hadn't shown a hint of dishonesty since she'd gotten here. Even with her best friend, she had still kept this much distance between them, since she had always personally thought Silver Spoon would never understand. That meant Golden Dawn was the first pony she could honestly talk to. Not only that, he was the first pony she knew who would honestly listen. And she had no idea how to react.

She decided she hated it; this was not something she was used to, at all. Following her first instinct, she decided to lash out. The idea was simple enough; she had already built up steam from her last rant, and Golden Dawn had yet to talk. All she needed was for him to do something, anything wrong, and it'd set her off. She'd yell and scream, and Golden Dawn would yell and scream back. Then she'd be fine; those were the things she understood. Those were things she knew how to deal with.

A single wing draped over her back, and everything went cold.

The plan was forgotten. Instead, on first contact, she flinched; being touched had always been a pet peeve of hers. Rather than shy away from it like she normally would, however, she chose to stay where she was. She didn't feel much like moving anyway.

That simple act had served to wipe out her anger. But in its place, all the filly was left with was genuine confusion. "I don't understand this... any of this," she said after a moment, still draped under Golden Dawn's wing. "Why are you so... nice? I don't get it..."

img-3426572-1-img-3006671-1-2s7dhg7.jpg
Golden Dawn
@,
Because I was your age once too and I have had to live by expectation though it was a much more positive,” Golden would explain before offering as he kept his wing over her shoulders, his voice friendly yet serious as he sighs, “yet I admit to not having lived the life you have. My father, while a member of the royal guard, did not have the wealth many in Canterlot have and I live in a town where I did not have to pretend to be somepony I was not. Yet I believe it was my father taught me the importance of being nice and showing kindness, of being honest and true towards those I meet.

The pegasus would consider Diamond, finding the life this filly lived surprisingly demanding and stressful more then he had admittingly thought for one so young. She was a good pony the stallion felt, and Golden would hope that she would believe his words. He felt that Diamond could use the advise and aid of the princess and say, “Her Highness, Princess Celestia is a wise mare. More then myself and I have no doubt what even you seek she help you Miss Tiara.

@@Skycoaster,
The royal guard would consider the door, getting a look of consideration and saying softly, partly to himself, “On the subject of the Princess, I do wonder what is taking Her Highness her so long. One moment Miss Tiara.” With such Golden would gently knock on the door before opening it to peek in.

Your Highness,” he would say offering a bow of his head, before continuing once he got her attention, “I apologizing for interrupting, just wanted to tell you that a young filly is here to see you.

Celestia would smile, surprised by his words but not seeming upset as she looks to the guard who had opened the door and with a chuckle sayings, “No that is fine, thank you for telling me. I will be with her in a moment.” Technically the guard was breaking protocol but she could understand perhaps why he did if a filly was waiting in the hall.

Golden would nod before closing the door and smiles to Diamond Tiara before saying, “The princess should be with you in a little bit, not much longer to wait.” The pegasus was glad to see that the filly would be able to meet the Princess, he was always happy to see good ponies be able to meet such a wonderful ruler.

Edited by EquestrianScholar

post-19423-0-70053500-1417736653.png
@@EquestrianScholar, @@Skycoaster

No amount of plated armour would have prepared any pony for the assault that Cherry was currently performing, flying straight at Solar Sentinel like a red cannonball, "...OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH...SOOOOOLAAAAARRRRR-"

*CRASH*

Cherry blinked and shook her head, peering down at Solar she discovered she had had knocked him flat on his back, with her herself lying on top of him, she raised a hoof to her mouth and gave a slight giggle, her cheeks noticeably blushing, "Hee hee, oops....sorry Solar."

Meanwhile, Golbez was sprawled out on the floor laying on his front after being knocked back by his assistant.

The largely unimpressed griffon propped up his head with one talon and rhythmically rapped his claws against the floor with the other as he watched his assistant from afar as she got off of Solar and helped him up, picking up any pieces of his armor that may have also come flying off after the collision.

Golbez sighed deeply as he pushed himself off of the floor and began slowly approaching the side of the throne towards the two Pegasi, he stopped for a moment to pick up his top hat off the floor and placing it back where it belonged, "Your Majesties, I can only apologize about my Assistants behavior, I did stress to her her best behavior was expected of her but...perhaps i didn't assume she would meet her cousin here of all places, " Golbez raises a talon lightly to gesture towards the two as Cherry wrapped her hooves from behind the poor guards-pony and hugged him tightly, "Sooooo...how's my favorite cousin?"

Golbez rolled his eyes as he returned his attention to the two sisters, "To answer your question Princess Luna..she...may have been in that case all this time, the point of me, y'see..is that I'm supposed to keep you guessing." Golbez looked up at Princess Luna with a cocky smirk as he gave her a subtle wink,

"If I may your highness'es, of course myself and the rest of my troop would be honored perform for you at your gala, I would ask though if perhaps we could get a good at the venue at a more convenient date for you, we could plan our performance in advance...of course that is entirely up to you, if you'd rather not it wouldn't be the first time we would..."work on the fly", as it were." the magician chuckled to himself in his throat.

post-28184-0-48605500-1426650671.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

"But I need to talk to you!"... she said, suddenly pushing up and out from under Golden Dawn's wing. She walked a foot away, then rounded, now staring at him defiantly.

"I need to talk to you now. You said were raised to be nice, but that doesn't explain why you'd choose to be nice. When you're nice to everypony, they only learn to take advantage of you. That's if they even notice you exist at all."

Her voice lost its edge at the last sentence, even noticeably deflating a little, but she continued regardless.

"You decided to help me, but you didn't have to. You could have just walked away, and nopony would have said anything, right? You could've spent that time doing something you wanted to do. But you wasted it on me instead, and you didn't get anything out of it."

"Everypony talks about kindness like it's this big, wonderful, thing. But i've been there, and I just ended up losing everything. So, what's the point? Why even care about others? At least when you're mean, no one can hurt you."

post-1908-0-42663900-1424929582_thumb.jpg

@@Golbez,

Solar slowly got up, collecting himself as he looked to the red mare. "I've been fine. Just doing my job and training." Solar would put Cherry into a wing hug that would turn into a playful headlock. Solar would look up to see the glare that Princess Luna was giving the two. He quickly released his cousin and went into a state of attention, hoping that the Royal Sisters would not take disciplinary action upon him, or worse...

post-1908-0-71650300-1401605331_thumb.png

@@EquestrianScholar,

Luna's glare would turn into a smile as she watched the two interact. "Fear not Solar Sentinel. I too know the emotion of seeing a family member once again." The princess would face the griffon before continuing. "I will not take action against Cherry, for she was only acting on instinct and, I must say put on quite a show of her own." Looking to her sister, the princess would smile. "I have an idea." She would than move closer and wiper into Celestia's ear. "What do you say we have your new guard give Sir Golbez and Miss Cherry a tour of the areas of the castle they would have to choose from to preform?"

The princess would than smile to Golbez as he explained the trick. "Twas quite a feat, and though I now now the trick I can only hope to see how you top it."

@@Skycoaster@@Golbez,

Celestia was surprised to see the outburst by the the mare, as Cherry tackled one of her guards who and entered. She would not comment at first as the princess watched and listened to the griffin, the pegasus, and her guard Solar as the regal mare put a goof to her lips so as to stifle a chuckle. To Golbez's apology Celestia would say, "Tis fine, it should be expected that meeting a family member could well bring about such excitement. I an certain a time can be set in planning your performance for the Gala."

She would listen to both the griffin and her sister, nodding in agreement to Luna's words as she spoke to the magician and his assistant. To her whispered words Celestia would answer softly, "Do you mean Solar dear or the other, the guard who has poked his head in before telling I have another subject wishing to see me? I don't believe he is actually on duty." The princess was curious on this, though it was always possible the pegasus had taken another shift, yet would continue and say, "I will assume you mean Solar since that would also allow he and Cherry to catch up a bit."

Turning to Solar, him standing at attention, Celestia would say, for all in the room to hear, "Solar Sentinel, I ask if you would be willing to guide our guests through the castle and perhaps give them a tour of this fair building. I am sure there is much you can tell them and to allow such you are relieved of other duties for the time being." Turning to the pair who had offered entertainment she would continue, "Please, enjoy yourself while you are hear and i hope you both have fun. I invite you to make a stop at the kitchen so as to refresh yourself."

---------------------------------------------------

Golden Dawn
@,
The pegasus was surprised by the outburst was Diamond move out from under his wing as he opened the door to speak with Celestia, and he would look to the filly while closing the door though it was possible that she was heard by those in the throneroom

"Because even if you feel protected from being hurt," Golden would say looking to the filly in a serious manner, considering her before continuing, "by being mean to others, creating a wall between you and them... it leads to loneliness and unhappiness. If you are nice and do so honestly, it allows for you to make friends, to be with others, have fun, and be happy. You may be afraid and uncertain about trusting others, having been hurt in the past or finding yourself betrayed, but the good moments and true friendships would be worth it."

He would move forward, touching the filly with his hoof where her heart was, smiling before saying, "I choose to be nice because I truly believe it is a better path, because I have seen the good that comes from such. To show kindness, empathy, and honest interest in others allow for relationships to be built. For friendship to develop and opportunity that one would not have through meanness and cutting yourself off from others. I saw you, getting the feeling that there was good reason you wished to see the princess... you were a filly in need of aid, that is what mattered."

((This may well invalidate the need for Diamond Tiara to meet Celestia, I apologize))

post-28184-0-56265000-1427506935.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

Diamond Tiara didn't care about feelings. Not even her own.

The words Golden Dawn had said to her weren't new. They were the same as every single sappy storybook she'd ever been read, and every boring, tired school play she'd ever had the misfortune of being dragged to. That's all they were: fables to manipulate foals. Diamond Tiara wasn't a foal.

Something had changed, however, and that was the stupid leaky pipe over her head. Immediately after Golden Dawn had put his hoof over her heart and finished speaking, water had begun dripping onto her face. She moved to the side, and when it followed her, she finally looked up for the offending item... only to find the ceiling was bare. There were were no pipes, or any water falling at all for that matter. Then she put a hoof up to her face. Oh.

Crying-legitimate crying- was something that Diamond Tiara hadn't done in years. She was in shock; it was an alien sensation, like she was standing outside her own body watching someone else drop tears on the floor of the hall. When she finally returned to herself, she didn't sniffle or sob. She just huddled down close to the floor, like she had moments ago, eyes shut, though the tears still managed to find their way out occasionally. She spoke up to the pegasus.

"Golden Dawn... Have you ever cried before?"

@@EquestrianScholar, @

Cherry clung tightly onto Solar's forearm after hearing Celestia's request to give both her andx Golbez a tour, understandly she was cracking this rather well indeed.

"Oh pleeeeease Solar, can we? Oh please, please please please pleeeease can we? Please Solar? Can we? Can we? Can we pleeeease?..."

Cherry continued to hop up and down and foalishly beg to her cousin.

Golbez, however, opted to show his appreciation in a more dignified manner, he approached the two sisters further, sparing a wary glance at his assistants behaviour, "Your highness'es, words cannot describe the volume of gratitude I hold from your cencere consideration, but I can promise you that it is a debt to you I will repay to you in full."

The magician tipped his hat and bowed respectfully before the two alicorns, as he lifted his head his gaze shifted towards that of Princess Luna, "Before I take my leave however, Princess Luna, I can't help but feel a tinge of doubt that still lingers in your mind about my....abilities, perhaps you wish to test me?"

Golbez raised an amused eyebrow at the princess of the night, almost as if to beckon her, albiet in a playful manner.

"You need not fret Princess, I always like a challenge, when arrangements have been made for the Gala I shall be required to rehearse within the vicinity, come find me then when you are better available and I shall eagerly accept whatever test you put before me."

Cherry had long since stopped hopping up and down on the spot, but instead simply stood there open mouthed at Golbez's proclaiment, albiet she was still clinging to her cousins forearm tightly.

Edited by Golbez

@@Golbez, @@EquestrianScholar,

Princess Luna would nod to her sisters answer. "I must agree. I feel that Solar Sentinel is the proper choice for this task." Looking over to the two she would smile. "I feel that it would give the two time to catch up, as well as for your assistant to burn off some of her energy before your travels." Looking upon the griffon as he came closer once more, Luna would smile. "Tis not a debt that needs to be repaid, for as I see it, tis you who are doing us a favor by preforming and entertaining all that will be in attendance at the Grand Galloping Gala." Luna would wink at the griffon's suggestion. "Be prepared, for I shall think of something very challenging. I have always been fond of the old 'saw a pony in half' trick or feats of escape."

Luna would stand from the spot she had occupied for the what seemed to be a while and would look to Celestia. "If you would excuse me dear sister, I must prepare for the night." Looking to her guests, she would smile once more. "It hath truly been a pleasure. I look forward to our next meeting, particularly you Miss Cherry Bomb."

@,

Luna would make her way to the doors, opening them and stepping into the hallway. She would pause and smile at the young filly and guard before making her way to her chambers to rest and meditate before the night would begin.

Solar smiled at his cousin. He could not help but give into her. She was after all the only family he had that was close to his own age, and somepony who he considered a friend. He would nod to Cherry before answering the princesses. "Yes your highness. It would be an honor." 

@, @@Golbez,
Celestia would chuckle, amused by what he say with Cherry and Solar believing that they must be quite close indeed if they interacted as they did. Smiling at her sister on the subject of Solar guiding the others through the castle Celestia was glad to see agreement. She did make note the Golbez' words though and shaking her head the princess says, “Please, not need to think you owe us a favor just give the best performance you are able. I will come with my sister, if she will have me, and perhaps offer a challenge of my own see what you have prepared for your performance before the Gala starts.”

---------------------------------------------------
Golden Dawn
@,
Though he felt he perhaps should, he had arguably already overstepped his bounds anyway so a bit more professionalism could be forgiven as Golden lays next to the filly huddled close to the ground and put a wing over top of her as he nuzzles Diamond and says to her question, “Yes I have, many times in the past. Unless something is really wrong all ponies cry, though it does matter what you cry for.”

Lifting up the filly's chin with his hoof Golden would take his free wing and wipe away her tears before saying to Diamond and saying, “Because of this, I am actually glad to see you can cry Miss Tiara... as many ponies cannot. To cry, to let away the frustrations and pains of your heart, to allow all those negative feelings to be released. Holding it in will only hurt you and others. Now come, the princess should be finishing up soon and I am sure that you don't want her to see you cry.”

@
With such as Golden stood it would lucky timing, the two would see exit Princess Luna and Golden would move to attention with his hoof to his head. Looking to the princess as she nods to them the stallion would bow before saying, “Your highness.” Once the princess had departed the pegasus would offer Diamond a sheepish smile and say, “That could have been embarrassing for the both of us.”

post-28184-0-99430400-1428974760.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar @

"Yeah, that would be embarassing." She tried to smile, even though her heart was only half in it. Golden Dawn had been right about crying, though; she felt a little lighter, somehow. At least, light enough that she could face the princess without looking or acting like a complete sobbing mess.

That thought was broken into by the sound of hoofsteps coming from the direction of the throne room. It was accompanied by a weight being lifted off of her back; Golden Dawn's wing had left her, and he was standing at attention. For a moment, she couldn't see who it was, but quickly, her question answered itself as Princess Luna walked into view. The pegasus next to her bowed, but she simply stood where she was, staring. The Princess gave her a smile and for a moment, Diamond Tiara felt sedate, like she had just been tucked into the warmest of beds. Then, the Princess passed, and just as quickly as the feeling came, it went.

She had no idea what that was, but it was the last thing she'd needed to fully get out of her funk. When Golden Dawn smiled at her, remarking how embarrassing it would have been, she looked st him, frowning at the corniness if the joke. It quickly flashed into a smile the more she thought on it, however, and eventually, she began to laugh for the first time since she'd been here. It was soft, barely loud enough for her and Golden Dawn to hear, but she laughed regardless. 

As she was calming down, a less amusing thought came to her; she must look a mess. She nearly flew over to the grandfather clock to check her reflection, thoughts of ghosts at the very back of her mind now.

"I look awful, Celestia will never want to see me like this!" she said openly and loudly, as she began the delicate process of straightening her tiara. When she was done, she took it off, and began to desperately fuss over her mane and tail.

Edited by Corona de Adamas

@@EquestrianScholar, @

A high pitched squeal began to emit from the red mare as Cherry glomp he'd her cousin tighter,"-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, thank you thank you thank you thank you,...-".

Golbez meanwhile stepped aside as Princess Luna took her leave, tipping his hat to her as she trotted past him, "I shall await your challenge enthisastically your highness....as I would yours Princess Celestia," now turning his attention to the princess of the sun, the magician began to close up his suitcase.

"Well now, I believe we've covered everything that needed addressing, as such I think we've taken up more than enough of your time your highness, it has been a great pleasure and an honour to meet you, I shall not waste this opertunity you have gifted us with, that I assure you."

Golbez raised his hat and bowed down politely, how many times had he done that now? He had lost track, but knew for sure he more than likely was starting to over do it with the formalities.

"Cherry, do stop suffocating the poor boy and thank the princess," for a moment Golbez looked towards his assistant.

"Oh!", Cherry released her grip from her cousin as she keenly flew up to the princess.

As the red mare hovered in front of the princess, she couldn't help but smile shyly at her, her cheeks clearly blushing,"Um......thank you," without warning Cherry wrapped her forehooves around the princess's neck into a hug, an action which even Golbez cringed at.

@@@Golbez,

Celestia would chuckle at the red mare's excitement, holding her cousin and the princess' guard, finding amusement by the behavior though she would hide it a bit with a hoof. Looking to the griffen, she would say to Golbez, “We will look forward seeing you and hope you stay safe until that day. It has been a pleasure, I will leave you to my guard to show you around the castle.” She would return Cherry's thank with a simple nod and a smile though this would turn to suprise at the hug though she was not upset by the behavior.

Speaking softly she would say wrapping her forehooves around the mare, “Thank you.” The princess would pull away after a moment so that she was again sitting on her throne regally.

Golden Dawn
@,

He would smile, glad to see one coming from Tiara as it seems her tears had lifted the little filly by a fair bit. The stallion was glad he had been able to stand at attention and not caught of guard by the Princess Luna, so as to act more professional. He would take note of the princess looking to Tiara while he noted the filly's reaction to Luna's gaze.

Golden was glad to see a far greater smile at his words, continuing with a laugh which he would add to with a chuckle. Seeing Tiara taking concern with her appearance, moving to the grandfather clock, and he would follow. To her words the stallion would use his hoof to help the filly saying, “Here let me help you a bit, my long mane means I need to become good at keeping it from being messy from my helmet.” With his help the Tiara's mane and tail would look nearly as good as it had when the young guard had first met her.

post-19423-0-69384900-1429538486_thumb.png

@@EquestrianScholar, @

For the briefest of moments, was beyond ecstatic, Celestia was hugging her, The Ruler of all Equestria was genuinely "Hugging" her, how many lucky ponies could claim that for themselves?

Although brief, Cherry savored the moment before the princess decided to pull away, As the red mare pulled away she didn't at all regret doing so, instead feeling mixed emotions of humbleness and giddiness.

The clown pony bowed her head as she hovered backwards back to her cousin, giggling to herself.

Golbez only smirked at his assistant, he had a bad habit of underestimating the foalish behavior of Cherry, usually at the least convenient of times, yet when she did, he couldn't help but smile in return, how could he look down at a pony like her?

Finally, it was time for the pair to take their leave, Golbez took a step forward and tipped his hat politiely for the last time, "Until we meet again, Your highness, farewell, " he then turned to both Cherry and Solar and approached them.

"BYE PRINCESS CELESTIA!!", yelled Cherry rather abruptly, Golbez slapped a talon over his face, "Why don't you say goodbye to the rest of the castle while your at it, ye ninny?"

Cherry only respond by sticking her tongue out playfully up at the griffon, he rolled his eyes as he turned to Solar Sentinel.

"Well then Mr Sentinal, Shall we?"

post-28184-0-22516800-1429729778.jpg

@@EquestrianScholar

In the middle of poring through her mane for the fifteenth time, Diamond Tiara flinched when she felt a hoof on her shoulder. When she saw it was Golden Dawn, she relaxed a little and let him work on her mane, though she watched cautiously in her reflection to make sure he didn't make any mistakes.

She must have drifted off at some point, however, as when she next looked up, Golden Dawn was finished. Looking back at her reflection her, mane and tail was... not bad. Almost perfect, actually, and certainly the best she could get under short notice.

"Wow, this is really amazing," she said, spinning in a circle for good measure. She searched for the proper words, and finally added "Thanks," as well, flashing a smile up at the pegasus.

Suddenly, her head shot towards the throne room, and the large racket coming from inside it. She clearly caught the words "Bye, Princess Celestia!" coming from a voice that made her ears grate before it died back down.

"I guess i'm going in soon, then," she said in the silence that followed, voice suddenly a lot more solemn than before. Turning to Golden Dawn with a half-hopeful expression, she said in a voice that roughly matched it in emotion, "I don't suppose you could come in with me, could you?"

@@Golbez@
Celestia's mood was most uplifted as she parted herself from Cherry, quite pleased that one of her subjects was willing to make such a bold move where others would dread the very thought of trying what the red mare had. To her bow the princess would offer a nod and a warm smile, looking to Golbez and offering him the smallest of grins and a wink to the griffen as if sharing in a secret or joke.

To the magician's words Celestia would reply, “Yes, until we meet again... and please don't forget to bring Cherry dear with you. I admit, she reminds me very much of a certain pink party pony.” The princess would look to the mare before continuing, “Perhaps if you are every in Ponyville, you two can head over to a sweet shop named Sugercube Corner and look for mare named Pinkie Pie. I think much fun would be found in such a venture.” The diarch would laugh to herself at the though of Cherry meeting her student's friend and what Golbez would think of meeting one so like his assistant.

Waving to Cherry the princess would say, “Good bye my dear, please enjoy yourself in my castle,” looking to the griffin Celestia would say, “You as well Golbez, watch over your friend.

Golden Dawn
@,
Golden would smile, pleased that he could help his new friend in getting her mane and tail looking decently. He would offer a bow to Tiara before saying, “I am glad you liked the work I did Miss Tiara, you should always look your best when meeting somepony new. Especially when that somepony is Her Highness. You will do wonderfully, I know it.

Golden would consider the pink filly, wondering when he might meet her again but is distracted on hearing a load voice yelling with the words, "BYE PRINCESS CELESTIA!!" The voice was loud, enough to bring his ears back and leaving the off duty guard wondering what had been going on in there.

Two Diamond's question the stallion would think on it for a moment, but he would offer a large smile before nodding, “If you desire my company as you meet Princess Celestia.” Technically he was overstepping himself by agreeing to her request, but he had already come so far it mattered little to him. Yet... the royal guard had taught those within their ranks to always help though who seek it and if Tiara wanted him by her side the pegasus would follow.

@@EquestrianScholar, @@Golbez,

Once Solar was able to breath once more, he would get a glimps at his cousin's antics. Solar's jaw would drop almost to the floor as Cherry moved to hug the princess. He tensed up, standing like a frightened statue. Nopony was to lay a hoof on a princess, and yet one just did, before his very eyes, and it was his cousin! So many of the rules form the Royal Guard Handbook had just been broken. If his commander where to find out, he was sure he'd be sent off to Fort McHinny to go through his basic training once more. To Solar's surprise, Princess Celestia did not seem upset, and actually seemed to be Enjoying being hugged?

Hearing his name mentioned, he would snap out of trance. "Um, yes." He would walk up to Princess Celestia, remove his helmet and salute. "Thank you your highness for the opportunity I will not fall you, and thank you for this time to catch up." Solar would nudge Cherry playfully. "Well, it's a big castle. we better get a move on."

post-28184-0-59112500-1430191063.jpg

@EquestrianScholar

Diamond Tiara looked up at the pegasus, a little more than glad he decided come with her. It wasn't that she was scared of Princess Celestia, (or at least didn't think she would be), it was just the fact that she didn't want to be alone, and having Golden Dawn around made her feel... safer, somehow. For the first time since she'd been here, she began to think this might not turn out so bad.

Turning away from Golden Dawn, she set her eyes on the door one more time with a determined expression. She walked up to place her hooves on it.

... only to hesitate before the big push. She looked back at Golden Dawn, uncertainty etched on her face. "Can I?" she said to the pegasus. She really didn't want to be disappointed again.

@@Golbez@
Celestia would offer her guard a quick smile, having noticed his reaction to what Cherry has done, to show both that she really was fine with the hug and because the princess found Solar's reaction amusing. Sure, her guards were told to make sure none laid a hoof on her but the rules did not truly cover an instance like this. More by design then by accident just in case one was willing to do what the red mare did, so the guard had nothing to worry about when it came to getting in trouble for his cousin's action.

You're very welcome,” the princess would offer warmly, with a small bow of her head to her guard before continuing, “it is always a pleasure to get to know my subjects, and allowing one of my guards the chance to spend time with family is a small thing compared to meeting a mare as wonderful as your cousin.” Celestia would then watch as the three leaved, before looking to the door in which another one of her guards had mentioned another.

Golden Dawn
@,
The golden yellow pegasus would smile, finding a sort of kinship with Diamond and considering her wish for company in meeting Celestia. It was understandable, many ponies found speaking with the princess intimidating. Even Golden, though guard found himself more in quiet awe of the princess then intimidated, found his respect marred with uncertainty at times.

With the appearance of a griffin, red mare, and another guard Golden would smile and know it was good to enter. Looking to the young filly, he would nod, stepping forward to offer an assuring wing on Tiara's back, would say, “Yes, we may enter now.” With such he would lead the pink filly into the throne room where the princess was waiting and with a reassuring smile to Diamond turn to offer a respect bow to Celestia.

Your Highness, I apologize for still being here though my shift is over. I had offered to help Miss Diamond Tiara in her wish to meet you, so I am now here with her as she speaks with her,” the young guard would say in explanation of his presence, a bit sheepish in tone as he seemed a bit fluttered before Celestia. With such words the princess would turn her attention to the filly and say warmly, “Hello there my little pony, it is good to meet you.”

@@EquestrianScholar, @, @

Whilst Golbez and Cherry walked with Solar Sentinel to and through the rear door, for the moment the pair were silent, more interested in gazing around and admiring the decor of the corridor they walked along.

"A pink party pony.." Said Golbez, finally breaking the silence, "Hmm?", Cherry looked up at Golbez inquisitively.

"Oh it's what Celestia said, she mentioned you reminded her of another pony she knew of...a Miss Pinkie Pie."

The moment he finished his sentence the feathers visible along his back abruptly stood on end as he shuddered briefly, "You coming down with something?"

"I don't know..." Golbez shook his head and rolled his shoulders, "...I just felt this cold chill running down my spine, just came out of nowhere."

Cherry smiled up at the magician as she giggled in her throat before turning to her cousin, who was also walking beside her, "Soooo.....how big is this hall anyhoo?"

"Yes Mr Sentinel, " Golbez added, also looking at the guard, "...what can you tell us about this venue?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....-the princess would turn her attention to the filly and say warmly, “Hello there my little pony, it is good to meet y-...”

post-19423-0-23794500-1430668180_thumb.png

"Auntie!"

Prince Blueblood sauntered past Golden Dawn and over Diamond Tiara,...barely noticing the little filly he simply stepped over her rather than walk around her, not saying a single word to either of them.

Without warning an alarmingly large scroll followed suit through the doors behind Blueblood, being levitated by his magic......and consequently buffeting Golden around the back of the head as it followed behind the prince.

Having barely acknowledged either of them, Blueblood approached his aunt up the carpet with a confident smile, "Aunt Celestia! Good news! You'll be pleased to know I have fully arranged the entirety of this year's Gala, I have the full list of everything and everypony required right here."

Blueblood looked over his shoulder as the large scroll hovered beside him and unraveled itself.

As the scroll opened it unrolled...and unrolled....and unrolled continuously as it made it's way back to the doors, the end of the scroll finishing just as it reached Diamond Tiara's hooves. 

"If you would please but take a read of this Auntie, all it requires is your signature to finalize it."

The Prince stood before Celesita proudly with an inkwell and feather at the ready.

@EquestrianScholar @Golbez

Diamond Tiara stared at Princess Celestia, not knowing exactly what to think. The princess was absolutely beautiful, even Diamond Tiara could admit that. She sounded intelligent, too, which in Diamond Tiara's eyes were two of the most important qualities in a ruler. But other than that, and being tall, she seemed so... normal. Just like any other mare, Diamond Tiara thought, as she felt the last of her unease slipping away. This wouldn't be so hard.

"It is nice to meet you too, Princess Celestia," she said, drawing on months of elocution lessons. "I came here to discuss- hey!"

She shouted suddenly at the shadow over her, realizing she was quite literally being stepped over. As the pony sauntered forward, Diamond Tiara could see a large white unicorn boldly walking up to the Princess, not even sparing her a glance. Very briefly afterward, an enormous scroll unfurled, winding backwards until a few seconds later, when it reached her feet.

A pony could swear on hearing the cracking as the calm psyche Diamond Tiara had forced herself into up to this point shattered, revealing the true filly beneath. And she was seething.

"Oh. No. You. Don't!" she growled angrily. Taking the roll in her mouth, she went through the long process of rolling the paper all the way back to its source, where she then proceeded to spit it out on the floor in front of the white unicorn.

"I've been waiting outside for an hour!" she said, getting in the stallions face and shouting at him. I'm cold, tired, and hungry! And was here first! I don't care how important you think you are, you can go wait in line, just like everypony else!"

Edited by Corona de Adamas

sig-3745048.img-3426572-1-img-3006671-1-
Golden Dawn

@@Golbez, @,
Having planned for a pleasant reply to the polite filly, it can to a surprise when her nephew Prince Blueblood would come in to interrupt what Tiara was saying. As was her manner, Celestia would allow unicorn to speak, yet she would offer the stallion a disproving attention. Golden Dawn, for his part, would offer his concern and a protective wing before asking, “Are you alright?

The princess would have spoken up, chiding her nephew in a way that would seem calm to many but Blueblood would know from her town she was displeased. The words Celestia would have spoken came to mind in her thought, 'Blueblood dear, what have I told you about interrupting Auntie when she is having her meetings in the throneroom?' and 'Please, I would be more then happy to look over all of your hard work if you give me but a moment. Wait in the hall, I will get to you when it is your turn.'

Yet it would seem at the very moment the words were beginning to come to her lips the young pink filly would speak instead. Her words telling the princess of the filly's frustration and while feeling words her fair Tiara's outburst may have been questioned by some. Offering Tiara a warm smile, the princess give the filly a nod before turning to Blueblood and saying, “Nephew dear, you should know by now my feelings on you interrupting me while I am meeting with others.

Waving a hoof to Tiara the princess would offer a warm look to both, her magic picking up the rollled up scroll as she offered it to Blueblood, though her gaze was less inviting when directed to her nephew before Celestia would say, “This young filly has been waiting for quite some time to speak with me... would it not be fair for you wait out in the hall and allow her such? True princely manners would also suggest an apology to Tiara, as you very well could have hurt her in your impatience.

post-1908-0-88290700-1431315081.jpg

@@Golbez,
Solar would walk with the honored guests through the halls of Canterlot Castle, His armor making a distinct sound with each hoof step on the marble floor. "Oh, um, it's quite big actually. I think I remember hearing somepony say it was capable of holding a thousand ponies for things like the gala. It's also the room where....um...I....you guys remember Sunny? It's where I asked her to be my Special Somepony." Solar's face turned as red as Chery's hide. He would look his cousin with a awkward smile. "I  still haven't told my mother yet. If you get some time off, perhaps you'd like to come with me to Ponyville to tell her? I'm sure she'd love to meet her niece."

It felt like ages, but Princess Luna would finally make her way back to her chambers. Slowly walking over to her bed, she would levitate her crown onto a nearby table. Collapsing onto the bed, she would look out the window to her sisters sun to judge the time of day. "Still a few hours of rest..." as she would close the curtains, darkening the room. Shutting her eyes, she would take a few deep breaths, thinking on what her evening would bring, and more so, how tonight's new moon would appear in the sky, with only the light from the stars. After a few moments, a snoring could be heard coming from her chambers.

@@EquestrianScholar, @, @

"A thousand you say?" this was enough for the griffon to distract himself as he looked out of a passing window, lost in his thoughts as the cogs in his head turned, planing...scheming.
Cherry however was occupied in other matters."Oh I would love to!" Cherry hopped up and down on the spot excitedly and making equally excitable squeaks, "I can't remember the last time I met Sunny, I mean we're practically sisters!"

Cherry giggled as she took flight and hovered backward and just ahead of Golbez and Solar, "So have you set a date yet?"
"Cherry..., "Said Golbez, looking at his assistant with a slight air of "gimme a break", "...of course he has, those two have been together for quite a while now, I'm sure the matter is already resolved."
Still partially distracted by his own thoughts, the magician turned his attention back to the scenery.

"Oooooh, do you think Sunny will let me a bridesmaid?" Cherry said as she got up close to Solar's face, beaming at him and fluttering her eyelashes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-19423-0-23794500-1430668180_thumb.png

The Prince jumped as a small growl could be heard near his feet, peering down he instinctively flinched as he noticed what could only be best described as a spawn of tartarus yelling at him.

In retaliation, Blueblood retaliated against this beast by, bravely, slinking slowly behind his aunt's throne as the demon foal continued to shout at him, perhaps if he let it be it would go away?

Peering from behind the throne, Blueblood glanced at his aunt as she addressed him, noticing the look of disapproval on her muzzle, albeit it paled in comparison to the look on Diamond's face.

"Ah...erm...yes....perhaps this is...a bad time...my apologies," was all Blueblood said, taking the hint to leave the throne room, he levitated the scroll off the ground as he left from behind Celestia's throne.

As he passed Diamond Tiara, the prince this time gave her a very wide berth, his pace slow as if under the assumption that sudden movements would set the foal off again.

As he made the half-way point across the throne room carpet, the prince's pace would have noticeably quickened drastically until he practically galloped out the door, slamming it shut.

Safe, The prince leant his back right up against the door as he breathed heavily, "Where...in the name...of Equestria...did she come from?!"

• Brohoof 2

post-1908-0-88290700-1431315081.jpg

@@Golbez,

Solar gulped at Cherry's question. "We do have a date..." he tailed off "It..um the day before the Summer Sun Celebration. Problem is....you see....we've been arguing about location. It's was our first major fight. I want to have the wedding here while everypony is away, and she wants to have it at her family's farm. I'm afraid that we're both pretty stubborn." Solar would throw on a fake smile quickly to hide his sadness from Cherry. "I'm sure she'd love to have you as a bridesmade, that is if your not my best mar..." as Solar cut himself off as they reached the doors to the grand hall.

Solar would open the doors and enter into the dark, lifeless room. He would fly over open a drape over one of the windows allowing some light into the room. Hovering near the center of the room, he would look up to the ceiling. "I told you it was big, but....what's the term I'm looking for...I know I heard it when they set up something in here for Hearthwarming Eve...No place for any rigging? Dose that sound right to you Golbez?"