EquestrianScholar

[Canterlot] Meetings At The Throne Room

(Just making my entrance, feel free to take your time)

A cream coloured pony with a ruby red mane briskly entered the main hall, thoughts currently running through a checklist of things to be done. She had finished off that order for the bakery today, that had been first up on her list. And luckily enough, she was even able to get it done quicker than she had expected, allowing her some leeway for some other things. In which case Penny Dreadful thought now would be a great time to strike up some business with the princess. Now THAT should impress her boss, she couldn't wait to see the look on his face when he got orders for furniture from Princess Celestia herself! She mentally reigned herself in, that was IF she got orders, there were no guarantees. She wasn't here explicitly strike a bargain with her, she couldn't even be sure if the Royal Castle needed anything. Still, she might as well try. It wasn't like she knew what to do with her free time otherwise.

Let's see... the clipboard in her mouth should have all the requisite forms. If necessary, she could scribble down some notes, but she'd rather not. Such a thing would look very unprofessional. She ran a hoof through her main, making sure it was still styled and coiffed correctly. She had done this earlier but she was still conscious of whether it looked good or not. Should she have worn a suit for this? Perhaps that would've added to her professional appearance. Well, even if she wanted to, she couldn't change her mind now. Going back now would take up entirely too much time. Ohhh, she wished she had had a cup of coffee before this. Nothing focused her mind quite like a mug of the black liquid. Then again, the stuff was a favorite of hers and there were few times she wouldn't have liked it.

sig-4215299.sig-4189454.sig-4173062.sig-

@@Tornadopelt,

Celestia would consider the stallion's offer for a moment, though seeking to confirm, “Will is be in Ponyville or elsewhere?” She may be able to go, and was perhaps even willing though having other plans with her sister or perhaps even twilight and her friends was at least thought on. Still, she didn't want to disappoint her subject so maybe it could work. What mattered most was where it was being held and confirming that the others could be there.

The princess would smile before explaining, “I don't see there being too much issue with being able to go, though I was planning to spend time with my sister and perhaps others. Knowing where this will be held and if they could be there with me would play a part in whether or not I can say yes.” Celestia hoped Thunder would not be too worried by such words, and that this could be worked out.

@@Scion of Arcadia,

There would be guard outside and within the castle, though they did not bother her unnecessarily and Penny was able to enter without issue. The castle was a large place, with plenty of places to explore if a pony could just wonder the place unhindered. Yet since she was heading to the throneroom to meet the princess, such consideration would have to wait. Still this would give her the chance to consider what sort of furniture would look good within the castle.

"Close by in Ponyville if you would like it to be there," Thunder offered. "Is Twilight you student by any chance? Just wanted to know so that I can use her help if need be. She's the best organizer I know, a bit neurotic, maybe, and I'd give her full marks on assistance if it is needed. Also, if she IS your student, maybe she'd like for you and her to catch up over a mug of yummy hot chocolate."

@@Tornadopelt

sig-4228505.sig-4215299.sig-4189454.sig-

Celestia would smile at Thunder before responding.  She would remember all the times with her favorite student, from the time Twilight got her cutie mark to the time she got her wings.

"Indeed, it would be nice.  Twilight is my more than my student, my little pony.  She is the most faithful student I would ever have.  And it does sound nice to spend some time with her over some hot chocolate, as well.  I may consider it, after my meetings."

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, and invite Luna as well. I'd love for her to see my latest work in the flesh. I call it Harmonious Skies," Thunder said. "She saw it in my dream, but I feel it would be cooler still to have her see it as it happens. You see... I run all my fireworks through a test run in my dreams before I make them in reality. Helps me troubleshoot potential problems, prevent accidents, stuff like that."

@@Tornadopelt

sig-4330089.sig-4228505.sig-4215299.sig-

Celestia nodded at Thunder.  She did have a good feeling that her sister had already seen the fireworks in his dreams, or at least a small showcase of it.  She would have to talk with her sister and about what she saw in her dreams before making any further plans with an arrangement, but she thought that her sister would approve of the showcase.

"It does sound like a good idea, Thunder.  What did my sister say about the Harmonious Skies?"

• Brohoof 1