Pretty Pop:

2h7klm9.jpg

Triple Treat:

15p4f92.jpg

Party Cake:

2nv3w9s.jpg

Glitterbelle:

sm98ad.jpg

ALL OF THEM ARE SO PRETTY!!! :wub:  I love the variety of designs, colors, and poses in G3. So so gorgeous.

Edited by Jennabun
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Okay, let's follow the prompt. 

- How did you get into G3?

Found some G3 tapes at a garage sale back in autumn of 2012. $0.50 for the two of them. Watched them and enjoyed what I saw. Kinda felt like a kid again.

- Who are your favorite G3 ponies?

Edit: Favorite pony is officially Starcatcher. Just an aura of mystique, yet gentleness about her. And the way she talks is kinda sultry, dont'cha think? Plus her ability to grant wishes is pretty cool. She brings back a sorta mysticism to the pegasus. That and I like her design, and love G4 fans reinterpretations of her. The Starcatcher revival movement as it's called.

post-18785-0-66105900-1432103319.png

oW2u52R9rks.jpg

post-18785-0-88968000-1432103364.jpg
_2ahc_gh974.jpg
post-18785-0-82576000-1432103179_thumb.png

I also love happen to love Skywishes. A somewhat Ditzy, aloof personality, yet seems to possess an innate understanding of the world around her, knowing how to make it all work out.

953136_1329334976286_full.jpg
thumb.jpg
sky_wishes_by_zuza182-d6vyoqr.jpg

g4_skywishes__by_britishstarr-d5uyrws.pn

Of course they're both better together

star_catcher_0011_0001.jpg

post-18785-0-91101000-1432103126_thumb.jpg

- Do you collect G3 pony toys? If so, what's your collection like? (bonus points for pics!)

Nope. 

- Do you have any positive memories/nostalgic stories related to G3?

Just getting into it. I've got more nostalgia for G4 than G3.

- Did you watch the shows or movies? Any favorites?

A Charming birthday and A Dance in the clouds, followed by Friends Aren't Far Away, Positively Pink, A Very Minty Christmas & Twinkle Wish Adventure.  I'm thinking of doing fanfics, re-writing them w/ a little more depth and character.

- Overall, what do you like about G3?

Kick starts that kiddish, fantasy, still thinks anything is possible, portion of my brain. I just watch it to chill out.

Edited by Denim&Venom
  • Brohoof 3

She is beautiful! One G3 pony remade in the G4 design that I really want is Cupcake. Actually, technically speaking, she's been around since G1. All of her designs are beautiful, but G3 is my fav:

img-2826566-5-2rxijr5.jpg

Oh! I have Cupcake. I didn't realize she was a pony from previous generation. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

OMG THIS GIANT MINTY PLUSH.

10h9l4g.jpg

I have a mighty neeeeeeed....

Edited by Jennabun
  • Brohoof 2

I GOT A CUTE THING! :D My mom found this deep inside her closet. Apparently it was supposed to be a gift for my little sister when she was into ponies as a child (over a decade ago). Now, she doesn't care about ponies, so I get to have it :3 SO PRETTY.

2m3340x.jpg

2ujm35g.jpg

m9shi1.jpg

• Brohoof 2

I GOT A CUTE THING! :D My mom found this deep inside her closet. Apparently it was supposed to be a gift for my little sister when she was into ponies as a child (over a decade ago). Now, she doesn't care about ponies, so I get to have it :3 SO PRETTY.

img-2938199-1-2m3340x.jpg

img-2938199-2-2ujm35g.jpg

img-2938199-3-m9shi1.jpg

Call me jelly! That's awesome! And it's Minty too! I still haven't run into any G3 merch... Oh well, someday! I've been watching a bit more G3 lately, and while I like most all of the ponies I think Minty and Pinkie Pie are my favs! Oh my gosh do I LOVE G3 Pinkie's voice!

I just watched "My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow" on Netflix. Whenever Princess Rarity talked I was like "Her voice sounds really familiar to me......." It was bothering me, so I had to look it up. It turns out she is voiced by the same actress who does Spike's voice in G4. I was like, "OOOOH, that's why it sounded odd to me!" Lol. For the rest of the movie, all I could hear was Spike whenever Rarity talked XD There was even a weird moment in the movie where G3 Rarity met G3 Spike, and G3 Rarity sounded like Spike while G3 Spike's voice kind of sounded like he had G4 Rarity's accent - aaaah my ears are all discombobulated!

It was a cute show though. I liked the rainbow song they sang a lot. :P

• Brohoof 1

I just watched "My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow" on Netflix. Whenever Princess Rarity talked I was like "Her voice sounds really familiar to me......." It was bothering me, so I had to look it up. It turns out she is voiced by the same actress who does Spike's voice in G4. I was like, "OOOOH, that's why it sounded odd to me!" Lol. For the rest of the movie, all I could hear was Spike whenever Rarity talked XD There was even a weird moment in the movie where G3 Rarity met G3 Spike, and G3 Rarity sounded like Spike while G3 Spike's voice kind of sounded like he had G4 Rarity's accent - aaaah my ears are all combobulated!

It was a cute show though. I liked the rainbow song they sang a lot. :P

Wonders if that has anything to do with Spike's crush on Rarity in G4...

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing art by AnScathMarach on deviantArt:

img-2986715-1-fuxcue.png

img-2986715-2-qxnv5j.png

G3 haters are mean! :(

Aren't they though... Love those pics though!

Makes me mad that this fandom is supposed to be about love and tolerance; but somehow it doesn't seem to apply to anything but G4?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8104059648/hD8EFB1D7

img-2986715-3-haters_gonna_hate__redeux_

Edit... Not sure why first pic won't post...

Edited by The JLmle
  • Brohoof 3

Aren't they though... Love those pics though!

Makes me mad that this fandom is supposed to be about love and tolerance; but somehow it doesn't seem to apply to anything but G4?

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8104059648/hD8EFB1D7/

img-2986715-3-haters_gonna_hate__redeux_

Paradise fan-art! <3

Amazing art by AnScathMarach on deviantArt:

img-2986684-1-fuxcue.png

img-2986684-2-qxnv5j.png

G3 haters are mean! :(

It really un-amuses me that Bronies always pick out every flaw they find in past generations, while G4 has a ginormous amount of flaws itself (then Bronies go on pretending that G4 is 100% perfection without any flaws). The only way Bronies find older gen ponies tolerable to look at is by drawing them in the G4 style (which I'm not a fan of). This unfortunately won't change with the fandom whatsoever. 

________________________________________________________________________________________

So, did any of you watch the G3/G3.5 specials in the "Mega Mare-A-Thon"? 

2sb25fr.gif

Edited by Mami Tomoe
  • Brohoof 3

I love all the specials and movies in g3 before the core 7 part of g3. I don't like how they replaced so many characters and changed the personalities of rainbow dash and pinkie pie.

Since the g3 specials did so well in the ratings, I hope that Hasbro airs all the other specials as well.

• Brohoof 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Jennabun" data-cid="3018729" data-time="1408817627">Jennabun, on 23 Aug 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:Jennabun, on 23 Aug 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:<p>I want a g3 Fluttershy so bad. I just love her coloringEdit:Was going to agree that she was pretty and say I attached a pic since linked ones are failing :(Not sure what happened to your quote or my text...

post-26689-0-26739400-1408819488.jpg

Edited by The JLmle

Was going to agree that she was pretty and say I attached a pic since linked ones are failing :(Not sure what happened to your quote or my text...

Yeah, I'm now seeing that the pictures are acting very weird today. Thanks for posting another pic - I also went back and edited the ones I tried to post earlier. The world must see G3 Fluttershy's beauty!!!!

• Brohoof 1

To be honest, aside from G1 and G2, G4 got most of its content from G3, which I also enjoyed much more than FiM.

I mean, they're much more adorable and the animation is far better.

Edited by Darker
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...