Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G3 Fan Club

Jennabun

@The JLmle, I agree! I would love to see some seasonal G4 ponies. That was something the G3 line was really good at. In general, G3 came out with new, unique pony designs all the time. I absolutely love all the variety.

I have a few of the holiday ponies - I found Valenshy at an antique shop, who is gorgeous. I also have liiiiike four of the Christmas ponies that my mom gave me as a gift.

Pumpkin Tart is one of my favorite G3 ponies, but I don't own her yet. I love her design with the kitty cutie mark. :3 I think I should buy her on ebay as a halloween gift to myself.

• Brohoof 1

I went to the flea market with my family today and had a GREAT time! I ended up getting many extra-cheap ponies from all generations. Altogether, I got 7 ponies for 10 dollars. The G3 ponies that I bought for my collection are:

- Minty

post-27261-0-11619400-1410660898.jpg

- Tulip Twinkle

post-27261-0-42056000-1410660919_thumb.jpg

- Royalette

post-27261-0-57103500-1410660912.jpg

- 3.5 Scootaloo

post-27261-0-07894900-1410660905.jpg

Eeeee they're all so gorgeous; it makes me so happy! I just washed them and now I'm waiting for their hair to set.

post-27261-0-11619400-1410660898.jpg

post-27261-0-07894900-1410660905.jpg

post-27261-0-57103500-1410660912.jpg

post-27261-0-42056000-1410660919_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

G3 had THE Best MLP intro ever. Catchiest, and has the best singer. G4's singer sounds so boring and uninterested. Also the lyrics are a bit lazy.

THIS ONE HOWEVER:

I love all gens, as I'm sure I've stated several times before; but I can't argue with; G3 is the best theme and G4 is my least favourite

I went to the flea market with my family today and had a GREAT time! I ended up getting many extra-cheap ponies from all generations. Altogether, I got 7 ponies for 10 dollars. The G3 ponies that I bought for my collection are:

- Minty

attachicon.gifMinty_300_L_spoosh.jpg

- Tulip Twinkle

attachicon.gifTulipTwinkle_L_spoosh.jpg

- Royalette

attachicon.gifRoyalette_300_L_spoosh.jpg

- 3.5 Scootaloo

attachicon.gif1u.jpg

Eeeee they're all so gorgeous; it makes me so happy! I just washed them and now I'm waiting for their hair to set.

I are totes jelly! I really need to go thrifting; garage saleing, etc and find some G3's for my collection
  • Brohoof 1

Here is some pictures of my flea-market-rescued G3 ponies after being washed and styled! I think they turned out so lovely.

post-27261-0-19444700-1411004987_thumb.jpg

post-27261-0-02517900-1411005000.png

post-27261-0-92326300-1411004996_thumb.jpg

post-27261-0-75029000-1411005010_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Good! 'Cause I think the stylization on G3.5 is cute! Sorry haters...

thumb.gif

I too think they look very cute. I mean, at least they don't have gigantic scary eyes.

• Brohoof 1

G3.5 is a-ok with meeee! :D
post-27261-0-73690100-1412375893.jpg

As a toy collector, I love g3.5's little "Ponyville" figures. They're blind-bag sized, but way more detailed and adorable than G4's in my opinion.

Here's one of my favorites: Triple Treat!

post-27261-0-65475600-1412375905_thumb.jpg

post-27261-0-73690100-1412375893.jpg

post-27261-0-65475600-1412375905_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Here, have  a triple threat of triple treat

img-3137064-1-triple_treat_by_color_clou

img-3137064-2-g4_triple_treat_by_dynamov

img-3137064-3-my_little_ponies_by_color_

(BTW who are these other two?)

I'm not too fond with G3 as much as I love it, and with G4's style, it's hard for me to recognize the ponies.

I'm not really into G3 though I love the opening more than G4 and I have been making G3 OCs. :wub:  They are so adorable.

Hell Yeah!

• Brohoof 1

One of the coolest customs I've seen!

g3_abbey_bominable_1_by_enchantress41580

Sadly the other Monster High custom ponies from this user all seem to be G4...

There's something about the G3 toys I just find utterly adorable... one day I will find some!

Ohmygosh! Here's a G3 custom as Draculaura! So cool!

g3_draculara_1_by_enchantress41580-d4jw4

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, got though watching A Very Minty Christmas last week, and I have to say it was pretty good. Don't know exactly why Ponies would be worshiping a humanoid in a red suit on a pagan holiday (maybe it's the presents) but I was surprised at how original the film was in certain respects, especially in regards to the songs. Best Christmas music I've heard since TransSiberian Orchestra ,and coming from someone who loathes Christmas and holiday music to its core (worked retail Thanksgiving to New Years. I don't like to talk about it), that saying alot. Hard to believe it's actually Tabatha St.Germane in Minty's role. She sounds nothing like Luna or Rarity, a testament to her VA skill. Not only did she do a great job with Mints, I was also surprised to find out she played the rather quirky voice of Thistle Whistle. All in all, good film, best winter solstice themed MLP piece. 

Gonna go watch Princess Promenade now.

Edit: Ok just got done watching that and Runaway Rainbow. Promenade was amusing. A little bit of a reversal of Winter Wrap Up and Simple Ways put together. At first I thought it was Andrea Libman who was playing Wysteria, cause she sounded and acted so much like FlutterShy, and while Andrea was in this as Zipzee, it was actually Tabetha dominating once again in the lead role. At this point I'm pretty confident Tabetha St.Germane could voice all of the mane 6. 

I'd have to say Rainbow is probably my least favorite so far. Rarity was a rather annoying character, ADHD ponified, and her sudden realization about responsibility towards the end felt forced. That is kind of an issue with RR. Slow in some parts, rushed in others. Also, I expected Rainbow Dash to be a bit more involved than she was.  I know it's G3, I shouldn't be expecting too much but compared to the previous entries, this fell a little flat too me. 

Tomorrow, it's onto TwinkeWish Adventure, Positively Pink and Friends Aren't Far Away. 

BTW, a little fact you didn't know:

Brian Drummond, the guy who voiced:

img-3208187-1-Masked_zechs.jpg
img-3208187-2-Death_Note_-_Ryuk_001.jpg
img-3208187-3-1f098a81.gif

also voiced

img-3208187-4-runaway33.jpg

P.S. G3's Breezies dominate G4's Breezies. G4 breezies get massacred by a leaf while G3 breezies can pick up full sized ponies. 

Edited by Denim&Venom

Ok got done w/ Twinkle Wish Adventure, Positively Pink and Friends Aren't' Far Away.

Apparently G3.5 can surprise me. Makes me wonder, if Newborn Cuties was never made, would G3.5 get a little more respect? Proper animation, good design, competent voice acting and good music score, I'm not seeing the problem here. I think we just need to count Newborn Cuties as part of neither G3 or G3.5 and have it be it's own stand alone abomination, sitting in the corner to think about what it's done wrong. 

Anyways, not much to hate. Conflict was somewhat believable early on, good moral overall, and I enjoyed the character of Whimsy Weatherby, the weather manipulating dragon, very cute.  I kinda liked the character of Mayor Flitter Flutter. More unique with the way she punctuates her sentences and uses different versions of the same word to get her point across. I'd say she's even more distinctive than mayor mare. Although I do have to say that the design of Twinkle Wish the sentient star, could use some major improvement. How much improvement? When she appeared I said "Kill it with fire!" That's how much. I also didn't like how she was voiced either. Her whole baby talk shtick just sounded grating, even if it was Tabitha once again displaying her VA mastery. That and Twinkle Wish retcons the wish granting of Star Catcher and the pegasai. Not cool to do that to Star Catcher bro. 

Although it was a bit short, Positively Pink was a fun watch. Out of all the G3 I've watched, this episode was definitely the most visually appealing. You can tell that the artists took their time laying out, coloring and drawing this piece, very beautiful to look at. It was only 11 minutes, but they crammed just enough shenanigans to make it worth while. An amusing & heartwarming piece. Side note, Janyse Jaud is the VA for Pinkie Pie in all of her G3 appearances, but I cannot for the life of me stop hearing Sarah from Ed Edd & Eddy when ever she talks, and half expecting her to start raging on somepony.

I had to hit up Netflix for Friends Aren't Far Away. Surprisingly it was a continuation of A Dance in the Clouds, and the first display of continuity in this franchise. I got to see two of my favorites in Sky Wishes & Star Catcher make a return together, which is always nice. This OVA also sets up the introduction of the Pegasus ponies and displays the mutual uncertainty between the Pegasai and the Earth Ponies about venturing into eachothers worlds and meeting for the first time or even believing that the other actually exists, and while I would've liked for the OVA to have gone into more depth about it, I took it for what it was worth and liked it enough. 

One (of the possibly many) overlooked details on G3 is it's music score. Check it out.

Edited by Denim&Venom

(edited)

I want to join this Fanclub too  :)

Im a fan of G3 and have every short and movie on dvd, except 2 of the short movies, from them i have only comic books.

My favorite Movies are Runaway Rainbow and Twinkle Wish Adventure.Runaway Rainbow because i loved the music in it and it was emotional as Rarity tried to find her friends back.I think that the movie had exactly a good message in it like the g4 episodes normally have, the lesson that, friends would never forget you, they will always search for you.

But i like Twinkle Wish Adventure more, because Scootaloo is just perfect in this animation, she is more badass than her G4 Version in my opinion.She even argues with her sister ( if i remember correct ) and the movie was perfect to introduce G4, since the movie has also more jokes in it, goes a little bit faster with the dialog and has finally a villian again, for the first time in G3  :lol:  ( well, if you could count her as a villian  :wacko:  )

But what i love the most, are the fantastic drawings in the comic looks, never has My Little Pony looked better :

post-30449-0-79241100-1415217386_thumb.jpgpost-30449-0-77731500-1415217412_thumb.jpgpost-30449-0-68042200-1415217431_thumb.jpgpost-30449-0-46989800-1415217445_thumb.jpgpost-30449-0-91485600-1415217461_thumb.jpg

I personally find this style better than G4  :wub:

Edited by Dune_Gosbil
  • Brohoof 3

I want to join this Fanclub too  :)

Im a fan of G3 and have every short and movie on dvd, except 2 of the short movies, from them i have only comic books.

First of all, welcome. Here, have Pinkie Pie riding best G3 pone. 

StarCatcherPinkiePie.jpg

Second, Gen 3 had comics!?

• Brohoof 1