Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Radio?

Courageous Thunder Dash

So I've been thinking...since we've got Pony.fm...why not a radio that plays random songs from random artists who are part of pony.fm. This way, people wouldn't have to have multiple tabs or windows open. Also...to make it more customizable...why not have a tiny search function on it. That way, if you want to change the song at anytime, you could just search for artist or keywords. What could also be fun...is that the radio could also play some popular mlp radio plays made by fans themselves. 

The design of the radio box would be set at default on the top left of the window and it could be free-moving, meaning the user can move it anywhere on the window. It should be fairly compact with no waveform or rewind function. 

Hope this could be seen in the future. 

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

I like this idea as well. Actually, I suggested something similar about two years ago, however I just suggested that we should put another radio player for maybe everfree radio or another pony radio on the site. If I remember correctly, the answer to that request was that I should open a new tab and go to their website instead.

Anyways, hopefully people will support this (including administrators). Though, I think the problem lies behind development since we're quite limited with so few developers. But then again, maybe it's super easy to do, I have no clue.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 1

Though, I think the problem lies behind development since we're quite limited with so few developers. But then again, maybe it's super easy to do, I have no clue.

Hmmm, I was thinking the programming for the radio would be quite easy, since you have the program assign random values to songs and then have the program randomly choose a value, which corresponds to a certain song in the pony.fm database.  

• Brohoof 1

Make it happen, @SCS!

I'm all in favor of this idea, I believe the Sonic Stadium and Star Fox Online Forums have similar features. Not to mention there's a similar feature for Bronies as a Google Chrome extension, it's called "HoofSounds", it does about the same thing you're speaking of.

I wouldn't mind seeing something built into MLP Forums, or better yet, maybe making a browser extension for Chrome built off Pony.fm, it would certainly gain some popularity that way. Not to mention if it were a browser extension, you wouldn't have to be on MLPF for it to work. ;)

• Brohoof 1

The idea itself isn't bad at all honesty. It could add to the user experience, however its the logistics I believe we have an issue with. We already have a list of features that are more critical that need attention and only 1 or 2 tech admins with limited time to work on them. Im also not sure if its currently possible in IP Board to embed some sort of radio. I know it possible with some custom coding, but with what we currently have Im not so sure.