Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

3 minutes ago, PanicAttack said:

As a Finnish guy, I totally approve of that! That is probably my new favorite black metal piece from now on.

Continuing with the Finnish theme:

Reveal hidden contents

I actually think that Finland has better black metal than Norway. But I also like USBM. 

• 1 month later...

In case you haven't heard, Helloween has recently reunited with Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen. And, well...

Contains a triet (not sure if such word exists) with Andi Deris, Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen, and a couple shoutouts to all the classic Helloween material. c:

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Wow, it's great to see this thread is still around. Even better to see fellow Goatmoon fans! Today I have been binging on sludge metal, so here's a great song inspired by Ricky Kasso, the self-proclaimed acid king (if you are a fan of the morbid side of humanity, google his story).

Edited by Kazuki
  • Brohoof 2

On 24.11.2017 at 0:53 AM, Kazuki said:

Wow, it's great to see this thread is still around. Even better to see fellow Goatmoon fans! Today I have been binging on sludge metal, so here's a great song inspired by Ricky Kasso, the self-proclaimed acid king (if you are a fan of the morbid side of humanity, google his story).

Aaaw yeah, I love sludge metal. Found that band too some weeks ago

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got to put some appreciation out there for one of the most underrated bands of the genre, Savatage. Highlighted, by one of the best all-round guitarists ever (in my opinion anyway), the late Criss Oliva. My god his talent is missed, but certainly not forgotten.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

THIS THREAD STILL SHOULD BE AT THE TOP, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY METALHEADS?

EATER OF BIRDS AND GIN ARE TOP-FUCKING-TIER AMERICAN BLACK METAL ALBUMS, GET ON THE FUCKING WAVE!

LORNA SHORE FUCKING SLAMS AND THEY'RE FROM MY HOMELAND OF NEW JERSEY- MAKE AMERICA CORE AGAIN!

DO YOU LIKE STONER METAL WITH A HEAVY THRASH SOUND? THEN YOU'LL LOVE HIGH ON FIRE, ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY'RE CLOSELY RELATED TO SLEEP!

ANCIIENTS- MUSIC FOR THOSE WHO LOVE OPETH AND MASTODON BUT WISH THEY STILL SOUNDED LIKE OPETH AND MASTODON.

BLACKENED SLUDGE FOR THE BRUTAL AND NIHILISTIC- LORD MANTIS IS THE MUSIC OF GENOCIDE. THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST OF ITS BREED, PLUS LOOK AT THAT ALBUM ART. HOW METAL IS THAT SHIT?

...AND THIS IS THE BEST OF ITS BREED- MORE BLACKENED SLUDGE FOR THOSE WHO HATE THE FUCKING WORLD. BEEN MY RECENT JAM, AND IT SHOULD BE YOURS TOO. ALSO ONE OF THE FEW TIMES I DON'T FIND VOCAL SAMPLES CORNY AS HELL IN METAL. ENJOY THE RIDE.

While not my favorite BtBaM album (that goes to Colors- call me typical) this one forever holds a place in my heart, and this song in particular- while perhaps not as complicated (NOTE: as complicated; still complex as fuck, as their music tends to be) as other songs of their's, after an hour and forty-five of being taken through this spacey, emotional journey of a concept album, the outro to this song seriously is chill-inducing... jet propulsion disengaged, indeed.

THIS BAND RELEASED 2 NEAR-UNPARALLELED DEATHCORE MASTERPIECES WITH FUSED TOGETHER IN REVOLVING DOORS AND FED THROUGH THE TEETH MACHINE AND STOPPED MAKING MUSIC. FUCK THEM AND FUCK EVERYTHING. THEIR OTHER 2 ALBUMS ARE ALSO WORTH YOUR TIME, BUT SERIOUSLY, LISTEN TO SOME OF THAT RIFFING ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH THIS FUCKING TRACK. FUCK.

Hit my Discord, tag in profile, if you wanna talk metal~

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 4:42 PM, Denim&Venom said:

New Lamb Of God Burn The Priest! 

Sick. Randy Blythe is a fucking beast, as per usual. Cool to see LoG do a more punky song. While not my favorite band, Lamb is essenitally Pantera on steroids- and I fuck with that. 

Anyone heard the newest Rivers of Nihil album? They upped the ante on this one, throwing in saxes and flutes to tastefully accentuate the more atmospheric parts of their music- and I fuck with it. 

Very refreshing stuff in 2018!

Another solid 2018 release is Horizon Ablaze- The Weight of a Thousand Suns. Blackened death metal with the occasional tasteful clean section? Count me in, motherfuckers. Plus this band is pretty unknown, and they really should be a lot more popular- and I fuck with it.

The riff that comes in a bit after 4:10 is seriously BADASS.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Metaluna said:

I'll probably listen to the new RON album soon.

Waiting on Skeletal Remains to drop their upcoming album

I think most anyone who likes metal would vibe with what Where Owls Know My Name presents them :)

Also was not aware that Skeletal Remains was working on new material! Will be on the lookout, thanks for the heads up my guy.

Personally I am very happy with the newest Gnaw Their Tongues album- experimental black/noise never sounded so damn good, except maybe in other Gnaw albums :fluttershy: Pretty inaccessible music for the uninitiated, be warned I suppose.

Sit back, get lost in the static, and have your tongues gnawed off.

...and since I'm now on a black metal kick, take some post-black for the kiddos: Harakiri For The Sky's newest disc is pretty damn good. An emotional and evocative record, with very warm guitars (not so) gently caressing you as you cringe in fetal position in that dark, dark corner of the room. Typical Harakiri shit, you know.

2018's been treating us metalheads right, boys! (and girls). Plus we got Tool, PIG DESTROYER (!!!!), Impending Doom, BEHEMOTH (!!!!), The Ocean, potentially Periphery 4, Panopticon, and a whole slew of others to look forward to!

EDIT: 1 last plug for now: I present to you, Celeste. Blackened sludge with a little post influence from the beautiful little country of France. If you don't know this band- you should, they're truly great. A true swirling tempest of oppression with the perfect pacing- slow enough to pummel, fast enough to propel- the ultimate midtempo. They sound a bit like a sludgier Converge! What else do I have to say to get you interested?

Edited by Twiliscael

Ulcerate: Let's break all the rules and be techy as fuck like Gorguts was, write linear, non-repeating songs like Deathspell Omega, basically be Neurosis but play more notes in one song than Neurosis does on an entire album, have a cymbal-loving drummer, and basically use the guitar to create a very particular atmosphere rather than play traditional riffs! An absolute must-listen for anyone who likes modern, technical death metal and that is not an exaggeration in the slightest. 

Spoiler

Where'd the discussion go peeps? We all have a passion- let's talk about it! What are some of your favorite bands? What do you really fucking hate about modern metal? Any particular subgenres you're into? Wanna plan an orgy? Which classic bands do you really not get all the hype for? Band/album recommendations? What albums are you hyped for? Albums of the year contenders? Been to any sweet shows lately? Come on now, even the bitter and nihilistic among us need to talk it out sometimes!

Edited by Twiliscael

15 hours ago, Twiliscael said:

Where'd the discussion go peeps? We all have a passion- let's talk about it! What are some of your favorite bands? What do you really fucking hate about modern metal? Any particular subgenres you're into? Wanna plan an orgy? Which classic bands do you really not get all the hype for? Band/album recommendations? What albums are you hyped for? Albums of the year contenders? Been to any sweet shows lately? Come on now, even the bitter and nihilistic among us need to talk it out sometimes!

Favorite Bands:

3 Inches of Blood, Alestorm, Death, Death Angel, Enforcer, Ensiferum, Equilibirium, Hellripper, Judas Priest, Korpiklaani, Mortal Sin, Napalm Death, Obsequiae, Power Trip, Running Wild, Skeletonwitch, Svartsot, Tankard.

Things I really hate? I'd rather not get into it.

I'm really into folk metal at the moment

Last show I went to was Obituary, Power Trip, Dust Bolt, and Exodus and it was fantastic.

Obituary, Dust Bolt, Pallbearer and Skeletonwitch are coming around soon and I'm thinking I might go to that show

On that note, Pallbearer is a really unique group

Spoiler

Edited by Metaluna
  • Brohoof 1