Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

(edited)

New Asking Alexandria, yay or nay?

It's definitely a huge step up from their old stuff. I have to give them kudos for the change, especially with all those sceenie weenie fans crying about the 'old stuff'.

They've gained a fan in me, though I'm easily swayed. I wanna know what you guys think.

Edited by Staticboom

New TesseracT album came out today. Still haven't gotten a  copy, but here's the first song off the album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3EbtcpL60

Not judging it yet, but I think I preferred their old vocalist and sound better. 3:02 gets pretty groovy, though. I think I'll come to like this album over time (or once I actually get it).

It's definitely a huge step up from their old stuff. I have to give them kudos for the change, especially with all those sceenie weenie fans crying about the 'old stuff'.

They've gained a fan in me, though I'm easily swayed. I wanna know what you guys think.

Dare I say it, that was almost enjoyable. I don't think anything they could do would ever stop them from being hated by most people, but I'll agree with you and give them kudos for change.

(edited)

I've never really listened to that band because I'm not really into post-hardcore, but I liked the shit out of that. Sounds more like melometalcore than post-hardcore actually. I'm probably gonna check out more of that stuff because I really got into that.

Speaking of metalcore, Alissa White-Gluz is totally kawaii.

Edited by Railrunner
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hmmm...It does sound a little bit generic, the vocals were decent enough, overall it wasn't bad and it was bearable I salute Asking Alexandria for cleaning up their act. Honestly if bands like AA and BMTH keep on improving their sound more and more then they'd be good bands.

Edited by gooM

Must resist urge, to make fun of person who posted AA.

Anyways, I just had a few fillings done at the dentist and the anesthesia hasn't worn off. The dentists were annoying, asking me questions like how old I was and crap like that. So I'm in a bit of a Morbid Angel mood right now.

Hmmm...It does sound a little bit generic, the vocals were decent enough, overall it wasn't bad and it was bearable I salute Asking Alexandria for cleaning up their act. Honestly if bands like AA and BMTH keep on improving their sound more and more then they'd be good bands.

I agree that it sounds generic, I thought it was okay I guess. I'm just not really a fan of them, although I've definitely heard worse.

(edited)

Must resist urge, to make fun of person who posted AA.

The song wasn't THAT bad ._.

Anyways, I just had a few fillings done at the dentist and the anesthesia hasn't worn off. The dentists were annoying, asking me questions like how old I was and crap like that. 

Whenever someone mentions a dentist, I always imagine Devin Townsend's ugly mug for some reason.

Devin_Townsend-12824.jpg

Back when he had the skullet. Now he's all bald and stuff sad.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfYmsClx7E

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The song wasn't THAT bad ._.

Whenever someone mentions a dentist, I always imagine Devin Townsend's ugly mug for some reason.

img-1454767-1-Devin_Townsend-12824.jpg

Back when he had the skullet. Now he's all bald and stuff img-1454767-2-sad.png

HIS SKULLET WAS BEAUTIFUL DON'T DENY IT

Anyway, I love that guy. He played one show only in underwear. It was amazing. Plus, he's not a humourless robot. That's always nice to have.

Also he mentions TessaracT

Edited by Railrunner
  • Brohoof 2

Must resist urge, to make fun of person who posted AA

tumblr_lotm9kwCl01qcn8p5o1_500.jpg

Nah I'm just kidding dude, I'm surprised none of you guys made fun of me derpy_emoticon2.png

I also with you guys for the fact it sounded generic, I don't think anything AA do will remove that fact.

Anyway, here's some Death

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Anyway, here's some Death

Ahh yes Death, they're like one of my favorite bands ever. If you like Death then you might also like Obituary.

And have some Autopsy too. That's some good death/doom right there.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I'm currently in the process of listening to Black Clouds and Silver Linings by Dream Theater. Next, I will probably listen to Images and Words. I tried listening to Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence and I just wasn't getting into it for some odd reason.

Wow, so I'm listening to the song "The Shattered Fortress" right now, and it has a whole bunch of references to past DT songs, mainly "This Dying Soul" and also "The Root of All Evil." My mind is friggin' blown right now, that's so awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzdHydkbbE

This one is for the time of aggression. Even though we don't really listen to metal that often, sometimes its really great to relieve anger.

"As Hammer to Anvil" from Exhumed.

So I listened to Ember to Inferno by Trivium a few times, and it basically sounds exactly like Ascendancy, except it's not as good as Ascendancy, at least in my opinion. Still a good album though.

Trivium Was the reason I first picked up a 7 string guitar and Matt Heafy is by far one of my favorite guitarists.

Which reminds me my new  7string guitar got here recently. For A cheap ass 200$ guitar I like it better than the 800$ shecters and ibanez's of the like. Best part is its good for modding like  longer neck better pickups etc.971315_464719253612513_853567709_n.jpg

Anyways I got a bit of a power post for you fucks today.

This fucking band. the had a hot streak in the early 2000's then their singer died. The one they got after that quit and the New one. He seems like a much better fit for the band. 

He knows how to rock a bloody concert out and their new shit is pretty damn good. 

See for yourself. 

And Tesseract! For you dirty sluts to enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmR0gkojHD

Stay black Cocksuckers!

(edited)

Wow I did not give the new TesseracT enough credit originally.

Altered State is a masterpiece. Ashe's vocals fit in with the music more than any previous vocalist, and I'm actually growing to like how the dropped the more harsh parts of their songs.

Best song on the album is Singularity in my opinion, though the full version's not on YT yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB3EbtcpL60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enKPWP-XEeo

I like the part where the guitars go djent.

Edited by Twiliscael

I just realized I haven't seen any Dark Tranquility in this thread. O.o

Not really into their stuff but this new album seems pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

'Evening, everypony. I mentioned before that I was going to share my band's single with you all, so trot on over to this thread if you want to give it a looksee. (Not posting the direct link in this thread because I want my thread in the Art forum to be the main hub for any questions, comments, breath mints, etc. relating to my song.

And have some more recent Iced Earth:

Edited by Lowline
  • Brohoof 1

Not really into their stuff but this new album seems pretty good.

Bro....I fucking love Dark Tranquility, they're definitely one of my all time favorite Melodeath bands. I am also awaiting their new album, that one and Opeth are coming up with some new material that I am excited for, Dillinger Escape Plan have a new album coming up, and some of the former members of ISIS have teamed up with Chino Moreno to make Palms and they're gonna release their first album this year as well (OH MY GOD YES!!!!!!) seriously all we need is a new Converge album and that'll tie everything up with a ribbon on top of it. But anyways let's get some more Dark Tranquility in here

'Evening, everypony. I mentioned before that I was going to share my band's single with you all, so trot on over to this thread if you want to give it a looksee. (Not posting the direct link in this thread because I want my thread in the Art forum to be the main hub for any questions, comments, breath mints, etc. relating to my song.

And have some more recent Iced Earth:

Just checked it out, squee'd a bit, and left my thoughts. It's some good shit mang.

Also, Iced Earth with Stu Block is nice. People always say that "HE'LL NEVER REPLACE BARLOW" which is bullshit, since no-one's trying to replace anyone. Same went for Tim Owens too. Really grinds me the wrong way how every IE video on Youtube has these crazy vocalist debates.

Oh well, he did nice with Into Eternity as well.

I like his shirt. It's a nice shirt.

• Brohoof 1

Shiet, I'm gone for a day and then new people show up. Maybe people are scared of me.sad.png

I've posted some Dark Tranquilty before, but that was AGES ago.

Well, I'm in a bit of a melodeath mood now. I'm, gonna post some At the Gates and Carcass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiXwatdG30Y