Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Prepare yourselves for the most zipitty zazz splendiferous zippity zop boop bop you ever did see. Hear. Whatever. Listen to it.

Reminds me alot of this:

They based the last riff of the song off of some guy talking shit about djent on a Periphery song. They actually sampled in the audio from the video and wrote a riff based off of it.

• Brohoof 1

Reminds me alot of this:

They based the last riff of the song off of some guy talking shit about djent on a Periphery song. They actually sampled in the audio from the video and wrote a riff based off of it.

Whoa, I never knew the story behind that riff. Well I learned something new then.

Great stuff too, I wish I could make "brow dow, brow doo doo dow, wheedewdew whedewdewdew" noises that good.

Also, one of Chris Alvestam's better albums. Starting to like his blackened death/trad death stuff a lot more now. SS and Sol.45 just don't have the same appeal they used to. Still great works, but I think I've worn myself out listening to them so much.

Demon Hunter, though I don't know how many of you listen to/like them.

Demon Hunter....never heard of them...*quickly looks up band*

"Demon Hunter is an American Christian band from Seattle, Washington, started in 2000 by brothers Don Clark and Ryan Clark. Although the brothers created the band, only one remains, Don Clark having left the band to take care of his family. As of early 2010, the band has sold over half a million albums. The band's style is known for combining nu metal sounds and qualities with ones heard in metalcore."

Okay so from what I understand I'm imagining As I Lay Dying but with Nu Metal influences...sounds interesting, now allow me to put on my Metalcore glasses and see what this band is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOEoD7H9RQ

The opening synth riff made me laugh a bit, seeming towards how it didn't fit in well with the guitars at all. Though during the rest of the song I kept on shaking my head a little bit, but the song was overall not bad. If I had to rate what I've heard so far I'd give it a 5/10. Heard worse, heard better.

I thank you very much Twili for that little bit of information, quite interesting to hear the story behind that.

(edited)

Demon Hunter....never heard of them...*quickly looks up band*

"Demon Hunter is an American Christian band from Seattle, Washington, started in 2000 by brothers Don Clark and Ryan Clark. Although the brothers created the band, only one remains, Don Clark having left the band to take care of his family. As of early 2010, the band has sold over half a million albums. The band's style is known for combining nu metal sounds and qualities with ones heard in metalcore."

Okay so from what I understand I'm imagining As I Lay Dying but with Nu Metal influences...sounds interesting, now allow me to put on my Metalcore glasses and see what this band is all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOEoD7H9RQ

The opening synth riff made me laugh a bit, seeming towards how it didn't fit in well with the guitars at all. Though during the rest of the song I kept on shaking my head a little bit, but the song was overall not bad. If I had to rate what I've heard so far I'd give it a 5/10. Heard worse, heard better.

IMHO they're better than As I Lay Dying. Most people feel they're pretty average. Here's some of their better songs:

My personal favorite:

Aaaand they're not embedding. sleep.png

Edited by Wolveon

(edited)
Demon Hunter....never heard of them...*quickly looks up band*   "Demon Hunter is an American Christian band from Seattle, Washington, started in 2000 by brothers Don Clark and Ryan Clark. Although the brothers created the band, only one remains, Don Clark having left the band to take care of his family. As of early 2010, the band has sold over half a million albums. The band's style is known for combining nu metal sounds and qualities with ones heard in metalcore."   Okay so from what I understand I'm imagining As I Lay Dying but with Nu Metal influences...sounds interesting, now allow me to put on my Metalcore glasses and see what this band is all about.   The opening synth riff made me laugh a bit, seeming towards how it didn't fit in well with the guitars at all. Though during the rest of the song I kept on shaking my head a little bit, but the song was overall not bad. If I had to rate what I've heard so far I'd give it a 5/10. Heard worse, heard better.

I listened to the song, it's not that bad. I didn't like the vocals but everything else wasn't bad I guess. I'd give it a 4.5/10.

Well, I might as well post what I'm listening to at the moment.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

(edited)
IMHO they're better than As I Lay Dying. Most people feel they're pretty average. Here's some of their better songs:

My personal favorite:

Aaaand they're not embedding. 

I listened to the one that embedded and your personal favorite one. I still think that they're an average band, but I'll admit that those songs were better than the first one. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're better than As I Lay Dying, but they were a close match.

Also try using [ media ] [ / media ] (except without the spaces)

I listened to the song, it's not that bad. I didn't like the vocals but everything else wasn't bad I guess. I'd give it a 4.5/10.

I knew you were going to say that you didn't like the vocals right when you said you listened to the song, predictable elitist is predictable.

Anyways gonna listen to some Norma Jean before I head off for the night

Edited by gooM

I knew you were going to say that you didn't like the vocals right when you said you listened to the song, predictable elitist is predictable.

How dare you call me an elitist, you... you...sillypantsangry.png  But yea, I'm not a huge fan of clean vocals :l Hey dude, there's a rumor going around that Tool is making a new album but I'm not too sure if it's real. 

I listened to the one that embedded and your personal favorite one. I still think that they're an average band, but I'll admit that those songs were better than the first one. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're better than As I Lay Dying, but they were a close match.

Also try using [ media ] [ / media ] (except without the spaces)

Tried, but the editor just isn't working plus this site is starting to be trippy for some reason. >_> 

What are ya'lls take on inhaled vocals?

How dare you call me an elitist, you... you...sillypants  But yea, I'm not a huge fan of clean vocals :l Hey dude, there's a rumor going around that Tool is making a new album but I'm not too sure if it's real. 

You know that I like to tease boi, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT A NEW TOOL ALBUM!!! Dude I'm so damn excited, Lateralus was one of the albums that got me into Metal, and I still love that album today.

I listen to a lot more Hardcore music than I listen to Metal so yeah I'm good with hearing inhaled vocals, but they are very lung damaging, so I wouldn't wanna try them myself.

I prefer exhales, but that's just my opinion.

You know that I like to tease boi, but HOLY FUCKING SHIT A NEW TOOL ALBUM!!! Dude I'm so damn excited, Lateralus was one of the albums that got me into Metal, and I still love that album today.

I know right, I'm too am super overly dramaticaly excited for a new Tool album.wub.png 2013 sure is going to be a good year in music (at least for me). 

I prefer exhales, but that's just my opinion.

Inhales > Exhales GET HARDCORE BRO, COME ON BRO DO U EVEN HARDCORE

I know right, I'm too am super overly dramaticaly excited for a new Tool album. 2013 sure is going to be a good year in music (at least for me). 

You and I bro, we both have a lot of albums to have fangasms over.

You and I bro, we both have a lot of albums to have fangasms over.

Hmm... let me see. Carcass is making an new album, Opeth is making a new album, Children of Bodom will be releasing a new album and Tool may be realsing a new album. Do you know anything else that will be released thiss year? 

(edited)

Hmm... let me see. Carcass is making an new album, Opeth is making a new album, Children of Bodom will be releasing a new album and Tool may be releasing a new album. Do you know anything else that will be released thiss year? 

My Dying Bride

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Dark Tranquillity

Dir En Grey

In Flames

Mastodon

Abigail Williams

Alcest

And the rest are non-Metal bands or bands that already released their albums

Edited by gooM

My Dying Bride

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Dark Tranquillity

Dir En Grey

In Flames

Mastodon

Abigail Williams

Alcest

And the rest are non-Metal bands or bands that already released their albums

I wish Electric Wizard and At the Gates would make a new album :( Electric Wizard's latest album came out three years ago so I'm expecting something new from them soon. As for AtG, I'm not too sure about them. They did get back together though. I'm also sure that Twilight is making a new album (I think).

I wish Electric Wizard and At the Gates would make a new album sad.png Electric Wizard's latest album came out three years ago so I'm expecting something new from them soon. As for AtG, I'm not too sure about them. They did get back together though. I'm also sure that Twilight is making a new album (I think).

Yup, Twilight are making a new album as well, and since I mentioned Alcest why not leave some songs by them here. French-speaking Metal bands? Hell yes.

Excuse me for fanboying over some bass.  Dude absolutely kills.

Fuck.

Also, whoops, Dillinger.

Sounds about how I expected it to.

Came across these guys a couple of days ago on the tubes.  Can't stop listening to them.

And also more BoBE, because fight me :D

Man, I haven't been posting here lately.  Gotta change that after these finals are done.

So this officially hit stores today. Hell yeah.

YOU SMELL LIKE SHIT, NOT THE TRUTH

For some reason I really started missing this band.

One of the first metal bands I ever listened to. Shame what happened to 'em.

• Brohoof 1

So this officially hit stores today. Hell yeah.

Oh yeah, this is gonna be awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of it, One Of Us Is The Killer was one of the albums that I was really anticipating.

I'm still listening to Prancer

This thread has been going through yet another one of its "slow periods".

I'm just thankful they usually only last a day, two tops.

Bumping my bros because the album came out yesterday.  Pick it up if you like what you've heard.

• Brohoof 2