Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

(edited)

So I just thought of something funny I could do. I should go on a Miley Cyrus video and say "Awesome! I love thrash metal!" and just see how many people reply to me like "what the fuck????" lol xD

Edit: never mind im not gonna do that, that would be stupid lol

have some megadeth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6qTBYVKpuA

Edited by Champion RD92

Also, Slayer is only responsible for the Death Metal side of Extreme Metal

That's total bullshit, some of the original Metalcore bands have mentioned Slayer as an influence such as Integrity, Hatebreed and Converge. Probably some of the Grindcore bands out there have noted Slayer as an influence, though that's just by guessing.

Speaking of old school Metalcore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agdu9IQoywE

So I just thought of something funny I could do. I should go on a Miley Cyrus video and say "Awesome! I love thrash metal!" and just see how many people reply to me like "what the fuck????" lol xD

Edit: never mind im not gonna do that, that would be stupid lol

At least you realize how stupid it would be to do that

• Brohoof 2

"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you, would you love me?"

http://youtu.be/XJQvrP8Efyk

There's nothing like starting your day with some sludge metal.

Just gonna ask since I've seen that album cover in some other places, is that clown supposed to be John Wayne Gacy?

Also, power thrash is pretty good. Chaotic Twilight recommended this band earlier.

Just gonna ask since I've seen that album cover in some other places, is that clown supposed to be John Wayne Gacy?

Yes, its actually a painting he did in prison while he was awaiting execution, titled "Pogo the Clown".

Some more Grief to keep me down.

http://youtu.be/PTfC82rVexo

That's total bullshit, some of the original Metalcore bands have mentioned Slayer as an influence such as Integrity, Hatebreed and Converge. Probably some of the Grindcore bands out there have noted Slayer as an influence, though that's just by guessing.

Slayer was also an influence to melodic death metal, bands like At the Gates, Carcass and Children of Bodom were all influenced by Slayer.

I used this website:

http://musicbloodline.info/

Speaking of Slayer and melodeath...

Slayer was also an influence to melodic death metal, bands like At the Gates, Carcass and Children of Bodom were all influenced by Slayer.

I used this website:

http://musicbloodline.info/

Wow, I would of never thought that Killswitch Engage, Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine are influenced by Slayer, well I guess since those guys probably grew up listening to Slayer that would make sense. Out of curiosity I also decided to search up some of the big name Post-Hardcore/Metalcore mixture bands. I found out that Bring Me The Horizon are influenced by Converge (Well I already knew this one during an internet argument, though I didn't know if it was 100% true), In Flames, Carcass, Napalm Death, and Slayer. Underoath are influenced by Radiohead and Isis. The rest that I searched up showed no influences at all. 

Wow, I would of never thought that Killswitch Engage, Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine are influenced by Slayer, well I guess since those guys probably grew up listening to Slayer that would make sense. Out of curiosity I also decided to search up some of the big name Post-Hardcore/Metalcore mixture bands. I found out that Bring Me The Horizon are influenced by Converge (Well I already knew this one during an internet argument, though I didn't know if it was 100% true), In Flames, Carcass, Napalm Death, and Slayer. Underoath are influenced by Radiohead and Isis. The rest that I searched up showed no influences at all. 

Wait, Bring Me the Horizon was influenced by Carcass, Slayer, Napalm Death and In Flames? *Shoots himself with a shotgun in the head*

Just for kicks I looked up Suicide Silence, somehow they're influenced by Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death. *Shoots himself in the head again*

Wait, Bring Me the Horizon was influenced by Carcass, Slayer, Napalm Death and In Flames? *Shoots himself with a shotgun in the head*

Just for kicks I looked up Suicide Silence, somehow they're influenced by Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Napalm Death. *Shoots himself in the head again*

Deathcore bands are largely influenced by death metal bands, I would think that would be common sense. Although i'm not a fan of deathcore at all myself.

Wow, I would of never thought that Killswitch Engage, Atreyu and Bullet For My Valentine are influenced by Slayer

Atreyu was influenced by Slayer? That's interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB_AoPxyCC0

Since the discussion has lead us here, I'm posting this.

I'm pretty confident in saying that this is Atreyu's best album, musically.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
Deathcore bands are largely influenced by death metal bands, I would think that would be common sense. Although i'm not a fan of deathcore at all myself.

Yea, I know that. it's just that I hate bands like SS and BMTH, so it strikes me with a bit of irony that they were influenced by some of my favorite bands.

I've been digging Sepultura lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lqa4tsg8rY

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 1

Dude, Demonolgy and Heartache is probably the best song on the album, period.

I DON'T EVEN TRUST MYSELF BUT I LOVE YOU.  I related to that for a good while.

But then... nothing for me will ever beat Misery Signals.

• Brohoof 3

Greetings fellow Djentlemen I have done what the 3 music teachers at my school have deemed impossible. Successfully Tuned a 25.5 inch scale 7 string  with  9-52  gauge strings to drop G . Its floppy but it works and I didn't send my guitar into buzzing hell. 

Anyways

There isn't enough whitechapel in this thread so have some.

And for good measure some more brutality

Yea, I know that. it's just that I hate bands like SS and BMTH, so it strikes me with a bit of irony that they were influenced by some of my favorite bands.

Suicide Silence aren't that good, I really can't say that I like them. Bring Me The Horizon are one of those bands that have been showing improvement over their years, (especially on their newest album), though still aren't that much of an impressive band.

Demonology And Heartache? Nice song choice. And I agree with the rest of you, The Curse was definitely Atreyu's best.

But then... nothing for me will ever beat Misery Signals.

Why haven't I listened to Misery Signals yet? Seriously, this is awesome what have I been missing out on all this time.

You need some angrier Whitechapel, son.

But, that could just be my bias towards chug.  I do love the chug.

Case in point, have some of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aslXjDGQRSw

Why haven't I listened to Misery Signals yet? Seriously, this is awesome what have I been missing out on all this time.

MOOG THEY ARE SERIOUSLY MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME HOW HAVE YOU NOT LISTENED TO THEM.

I FEEL LIKE A HOMESTUCK I'M ALL LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MISERY SIGNALS

Dude, Demonolgy and Heartache is probably the best song on the album, period.

Demonology And Heartache? Nice song choice. 

Yeah, Demonology and Heartache was my favorite Atreyu song for a long time. It's still one of my favorites for sure. Really, I love every song on their first three albums.

Oh, speaking of Atreyu, I saw a post from them on Facebook that said that they are maybe going to write another song and it's going to be like the old stuff from The Curse.

• Brohoof 1

For all you Misery Signals newjacks.

They've been around since 2002.  And they've been amazing since then.  I beg you, listen to the drum timings.  The guitar arrangements.  The vocal changes between spoken and screamed.  

This is me gushing.  This band literally changed my life.  I wasn't truly into the Wisconsin Hardcore/Metal scene before this band.  They are worth your time.

Find their albums.  Buy or torrent them, I don't care, but you need to feel this band in your life.  If there were rules in the Metal Thread, one of them would be to have this band's discography.

Do yourself a favor and get Misery Signals stuff on your hard drive.  Now.

Oh, speaking of Atreyu, I saw a post from them on Facebook that said that they are maybe going to write another song and it's going to be like the old stuff from The Curse.

Oh good lord finally, I was losing hope in them being able to make another good album.

MOOG THEY ARE SERIOUSLY MY FAVORITE BAND OF ALL TIME HOW HAVE YOU NOT LISTENED TO THEM.

I had never listened to them up until this moment because I was silly before, and I don't mind hearing all about them.

They've been around since 2002.  And they've been amazing since then.  I beg you, listen to the drum timings.  The guitar arrangements.  The vocal changes between spoken and screamed.  

This is me gushing.  This band literally changed my life.  I wasn't truly into the Wisconsin Hardcore/Metal scene before this band.  They are worth your time.

Find their albums.  Buy or torrent them, I don't care, but you need to feel this band in your life.  If there were rules in the Metal Thread, one of them would be to have this band's discography.

Why thank you very much, I should get one of their albums sometime soon.

Okay, well they are on Spotify, so I can go ahead and give them a listen. I suppose I'll start with the album that you've been posting.

Why thank you very much, I should get one of their albums sometime soon.

Moog, I literally spent almost 200 dollars on their next album.  They had a Kickstarter for the new album, and I gave them 180 bucks for new repressed records of the first albums, a collecter's edition cd, and a shirt.  No care ever.

• Brohoof 1

Greetings fellow Djentlemen I have done what the 3 music teachers at my school have deemed impossible. Successfully Tuned a 25.5 inch scale 7 string  with  9-52  gauge strings to drop G . Its floppy but it works and I didn't send my guitar into buzzing hell.

Dude, whywhywhywhy

Seriously though, how do you play something with strings so loose? I mean, my 25.5" uses 12-52 gauge strings, and I find it perfect at Eb Standard. Drop B and sometimes C Standard are like, the lowest I ever realistically go on it.

You need some angrier Whitechapel, son.

But, that could just be my bias towards chug.  I do love the chug.

Case in point, have some of this.

Oh yeah, the end riff on  The Somatic Defilement is probably my favourite part of the whole album. I love that outro so much.

Anyway, my favourite for Of Malice would be this one.

(edited)

Why does this thread blow up when I'm not here?

There isn't enough whitechapel in this thread so have some.

Dude, there's never enough Whitechapel anywhere.

Is it bad if this is what introduced me to Misery Signals?

HOW MUCH CINNAMON?

Listened to Iowa by Slipknot today. They introduced me to something besides radio-music, Van Halen, and Linkin Park when I was a young child :^) They're probably the reason I was an edgy fuck in middle school, bt let's disregard that.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Listened to Iowa by Slipknot today. They introduced me to something besides radio-music, Van Halen, and Linkin Park when I was a young child :^) They're probably the reason I was an edgy fuck in middle school, bt let's disregard that.

Iowa is my second favorite Slipknot album, my favorite being Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses.

I'm actually listening to this song right now lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYub6yQSrVI

For some reason I always like listening to Slipknot when I'm pissed the fuck off. 

Edited by Champion RD92