Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Oh noez! ohmy.png I got the wrath of Dawn! I'm sooooo scared! /sarcasm

Anyway, back to the metal. Hmmm, guess I'll give in and post some Slayer

Hey are you gonna become a reg on here? Because it would be nice to see someone new on here. Oh, and Silent Scream is one of my favorite Slayer songs ever.

Have any of you guys ever had teachers who listen to metal? My bio teacher recommended me this grindcore band, they're pretty badass and they're a local band too. Then I found out that after they broke up, the guitarist joined Napalm Death ( he recorded Harmony Coruption with them) and the bassist and drummer went on to form Morbid Angel.

Hey are you gonna become a reg on here? Because it would be nice to see someone new on here. Oh, and Silent Scream is one of my favorite Slayer songs ever.

Probably, since I love metal. I've been watching this thread for a while but I was afraid because I might post a song and I'll get something like...

post-11736-0-46838200-1369284747_thumb.png

Anyway here's some Maiden

Probably, since I love metal. I've been watching this thread for a while but I was afraid because I might post a song and I'll get something like...

metal.png

Anyway here's some Maiden

Oh don't worry, just don't post anything like AC/DC or Guns N Roses and you'll be fine. Are you just getting into metal or have you been listening to it for a while?

Gonna post some Trivium in here, damn this song is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcqPo_WcYaU

attachicon.gifmetal.png

Lol that's what I thought was gonna happen the very first time I posted in here.

(edited)

Gonna post some Trivium in here, damn this song is good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcqPo_WcYaU

Lol that's what I thought was gonna happen the very first time I posted in here.

I still remember when everyone on here thought I was an asshole lol.

I'm gonna leave some thing a little older than usual, and I mean really old.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

(edited)

Oh don't worry, just don't post anything like AC/DC or Guns N Roses and you'll be fine. Are you just getting into metal or have you been listening to it for a while?

I've been into metal for two years now. It really annoys when people label AC/DC, GNR or any hard rock bands as metal! Hell, even Angus Young hates being labeled metal. Come to think of it, is there any difference between hard rock and heavy metal?

Anyway, some Megadeth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umeZtszNShk

Edited by woohoo

I've been into metal for two years now. It really annoys when people label AC/DC, GNR or any hard rock bands as metal! Hell, even Angus Young hates being labeled metal. Come to think of it, is there any difference between hard rock and heavy metal?

Hard rock is slower and in my opinion kinda boring. Here's something that would be considered early metal. Look at the stuff below.

Some Mercyful Fate.

And some Venom, BITCH!

(edited)

Gah! the Metalcore, it burns! img-1491113-1-tongue.png

img-1491113-2-572474-yeah_well_thats_jus

You just need good metalcore in your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWRJ39-_co

Their new album was announced for July 23rd.  I'm so far passed stoked and into the land of salivating.

Edit:  Ha, just noticed this, but if you look at the top comments, you'll see a familiar can.

Second Edit:  Almost forgot to post this.  Love me some Danza.

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 2

Heavy metal and hard rock are definitely different, although some bands seem to kind of be like in the middle...like they are heavier than most hard rock, but not heavy enough to really be considered heavy metal. But yeah, AC/DC and GNR are hard rock, while bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica are heavy metal. Unless you're talking about most of Metallica's 90's stuff, which is more hard rock. And technically, Metallica's 80's stuff is thrash metal, which I guess is a form of heavy metal...but yeah, enough rambling.

• Brohoof 1

You guys heard Expire yet?

Straight up hardcore with sick tone and a good mid to high vocalist.

Also more metalcore because I'll post Tosin Abasi's old band if I want.

Listening to "Come Clarity" because all you fuckers have done so already.

Why does everyone have to bring up Come Clarity? >_< I actually have it somewhere in my computer! I have all of In Flames' stuff.

I'll just post Lunar Strain, because it's the best album they ever made.

Heavy metal and hard rock are definitely different, although some bands seem to kind of be like in the middle...like they are heavier than most hard rock, but not heavy enough to really be considered heavy metal. But yeah, AC/DC and GNR are hard rock, while bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica are heavy metal. Unless you're talking about most of Metallica's 90's stuff, which is more hard rock. And technically, Metallica's 80's stuff is thrash metal, which I guess is a form of heavy metal...but yeah, enough rambling.

I still find the metal genre to be very confusing, but I really should just "Shut up and enjoy the music"

Anyway here's my favorite Black Sabbath song

I still find the metal genre to be very confusing, but I really should just "Shut up and enjoy the music"

Hey dude, I know you like Slayer but do you like stuff like Sodom and Kreator? And are you into the extreme subgenres? (Doom, death, black, grindcore)

Speaking of extreme stuff.

You just need good metalcore in your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unWRJ39-_co

Their new album was announced for July 23rd.  I'm so far passed stoked and into the land of salivating.

how could I have forgotten to mention Misery Signals before? And damn Misery Signals got a new album coming up, sounds sweet.

Anyways listening to Cult of Luna right now, so I'll just leave them here

One of these shit moods again. Happens to everyone. Anyone got some decent grindcore going on? Something kinda like this stuff, if you could.

(edited)

Anyone got some decent grindcore going on? Something kinda like this stuff, if you could.

Well, there's the obligatory Pig Destroyer. Prowler in the Yard is probably the best grind album I've heard. (Djenty, fuck you and your shit).

Wormrot are really good, too.

Coming up close behind if Discordance Axis, Agophoriac(however the fuck you spell it) Nosebleed, and Magrudergrind.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 2

I out on "Blackwater Park" a while ago. This was a very good move on my part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP5RGSH02Sk

Really nice to finally delve into Opeth's discography.

The first Opeth album that I listened to was Orchid. I really liked it at first listen, you should give it a spin (unless you have already).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1JCPvIe3ZY

• Brohoof 1

Well, there's the obligatory Pig Destroyer. Prowler in the Yard is probably the best grind album I've heard. (Djenty, fuck you and your shit).

I've heard a lot about that album, but I've only listened to Pig Destroyer's Book Burner. Though from what I've heard, Prowler in the Yard must be their sort of "magnum opus".

Anyway, listening to it right now. Liked the intro monologue, and whatever this is right now.

• Brohoof 2

All of Red Seas Fire's music is free on their website, might wanna check it out.

New EP's pretty good, though I liked their debut album more.