Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Well, speaking of trolls...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BPobOQVIMw

I have no idea what he's saying but I love this song.

Man, I just realized that cover has open hands on it. Not sure I how I didn't notice that touch earlier.

Seriously? Lol. At first I found it a bit odd how they used a piece sign. I was like "What the fuck? Why would they use a piece sign on a death metal album". It also has a head, (in case you can't see that lol).

I actually listened to the first couple songs off that Blackwater Park album. They were really good, although I'm still not digging the death metal vocals. I suppose I could check out those other bands too.

Opeth have a few songs with out growls actually. This is an Iron Maiden cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCLXsiO_Wgw

I'm gonna post something by In Flames, hopefully it doesn't evolve into a shitstorm on here.

That awkward moment when the intro of an Atreyu song sounds really similar to the intro of an In Flames song. 

I've seen a lot of comments saying Atreyu ripped off In Flames, but I dunno, it could just be a coincidence.

Alright I have been putting of posting here WAY too long, time to change this.

I'm not my any means a metal junkie since I usually prefer alternative or prog over metal. Still as I listen to more and more metal I find myself becoming increasingly into it.

Sabaton Is probably in my top 5 favorite bands as of now (could change tomorrow).

Asking Alexandria, Accept, W.A.S.P., and HammerFall are some of my other favorite metal bands. Opinions?

Asking Alexandria, Accept, W.A.S.P., and HammerFall are some of my other favorite metal bands. Opinions?

I don't listen to any of those bands, so I don't really have an opinion, sorry.

What genres of metal are you into? People in here could probably recommend you stuff.

Asking Alexandria aren't really what many people fancy here, me being a fan of Metalcore have to say that I'm not a fan of them, though I don't really know the other bands there.

People in here could probably recommend you stuff.

Like me :D

(edited)

I don't listen to any of those bands, so I don't really have an opinion, sorry.

What genres of metal are you into? People in here could probably recommend you stuff.

I like a lot of metal "music"so I guess what separates the good from the bad for me is the vocals. I like being able to understand what I'm listening to at least, so yeah no screamer.

I also forgot to add some other (and older) metal bands I listen too, like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Metallica, and Black Sabbath. 

Asking Alexandria aren't really what many people fancy here, me being a fan of Metalcore have to say that I'm not a fan of them, though I don't really know the other bands there.

I'm not super into metalcore, just a little too distorted for me, there are a few good metalcore songs though. Can't remember any off the top of my head at the moment but I've listened to them before and had to hit replay a few times (because I like them, not just to understand the lyrics although that happens a fair amount too).

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

Alright I have been putting of posting here WAY too long, time to change this.

I'm not my any means a metal junkie since I usually prefer alternative or prog over metal. Still as I listen to more and more metal I find myself becoming increasingly into it.

Sabaton Is probably in my top 5 favorite bands as of now (could change tomorrow).

First off, your list needs more Periphery.

Sabaton needs more love in this thread for sure. Asking Alexandria was a laughingstock to me however their newest song actually surprised me and brought them to a tolerable level. W.A.S.P. ain't bad, and I actually haven't heard of HammerFall.

Always willing to give some recommendations ^o^

Eh, Brain Drill because technical angst suits me right now.

• Brohoof 1

Sabaton needs more love in this thread for sure.

Heard the good ol sabaton I love that band to death.

A friend of mine got me into this band months ago and boy am I glad I found out about em. This band rules.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not super into metalcore, just a little too distorted for me, there are a few good metalcore songs though. Can't remember any off the top of my head at the moment but I've listened to them before and had to hit replay a few times.

So you don't like screaming, maybe you should give Norma Jean a try, they've got an easy going screamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBZYhgT6jY

Asking Alexandria was a laughingstock to me however their newest song actually surprised me and brought them to a tolerable level.

^This and also this applies to Bring Me The Horizon's newest album, it really wasn't that bad of an album at all.

(edited)

First off, your list needs more Periphery.

Sabaton needs more love in this thread for sure. Asking Alexandria was a laughingstock to me however their newest song actually surprised me and brought them to a tolerable level. W.A.S.P. ain't bad, and I actually haven't heard of HammerFall.

Always willing to give some recommendations ^o^

Eh, Brain Drill because technical angst suits me right now.

I really like Periphery, gonna have to look them up later. Brain Drill though... eh...

So you don't like screaming, maybe you should give Norma Jean a try, they've got an easy going screamer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBZYhgT6jY

It's borderline, but I could understand the lyrics this time, so that's a plus.

Also more Sabaton because they're awesome

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)
  • Brohoof 3

It's borderline, but I could understand the lyrics this time, so that's a plus.

That's why I find Norma Jean to be the best start and said that their screams were easy going, if you plan on getting an album by them I'd recommend Redeemer, it's their best album, that or Meridional.

I really like Periphery, gonna have to look them up later

Looks like you guys have a new member to the Periphery crew.

• Brohoof 1

I feel so dirty for posting songs from... those Big Four albums from the late 1990s. Things get more experimental...

RL>RISK>DIM>S442

I find Stomp 442's album artwork to be very symbolic

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Looks like you guys have a new member to the Periphery crew.

Dude, I'm totally not a Periphery fanboy, nor do I have crew or anything. I mean, they are only just the most sugar-coated and rifftastic modern progressive band to emerge in the waves of mediocrity since ever.

Gotta love Vildy though

Edited by Twiliscael

Dude, I'm totally not a Periphery fanboy, nor do I have crew or anything. I mean, they are only just the most sugar-coated and rifftastic modern progressive band to emerge in the waves of mediocrity since ever.

If only you were telling the truth in this post. Oh well I enjoy being apart of the minority. Though I'll admit that their debut album wasn't that bad.

These are some great songs though. And I'm digging the whole Periphery crew idea.

I'm not digging this.

• Brohoof 1

If only you were telling the truth in this post. Oh well I enjoy being apart of the minority. Though I'll admit that their debut album wasn't that bad.

I'm not digging this.

I clearly remember you saying you were a fan of Periphery...am I mistaken? I swear that you said you liked Periphery. I'm confused now.

*posts a bunch of Periphery and Twiliscael doesn't even care*

These are some great songs though. And I'm digging the whole Periphery crew idea.

Oh, I care. Spread the love, bruddah. I generally just skim past 'em though because I've heard all of their music (yes, even the dreaded remixes of Icarus Lives) at least a dozen times.

And I wouldn't go for a "crew." Fanboyism is alright but it does have it's boundaries.

Hey, fuck you Moog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDpLALNgrNM

I bet you can't even handle it, foo'

Oh you know I adore you <3

I clearly remember you saying you were a fan of Periphery...am I mistaken? I swear that you said you liked Periphery. I'm confused now.

I was for like about a week, but then their songs just grew off of me, they were only cool for the first 5 listens then their songs just got boring quickly.

Simply because TheSteampunkNinja mentioned that he liked Accept, I'll use it as an excuse to post the most homoerotic song I know of.

• Brohoof 1

I was for like about a week, but then their songs just grew off of me, they were only cool for the first 5 listens then their songs just got boring quickly.

what's the matter, jonas brothers x after the burial too much for babby's first pweb? :(((((

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3BH0I9rPfM

first a black metal kick, and now a sludge metal kick ;_; what have you done to me stryker

Oh, I care. Spread the love, bruddah. I generally just skim past 'em though because I've heard all of their music (yes, even the dreaded remixes of Icarus Lives) at least a dozen times.

UNC UNC UNC UNC BELIEVE IN UNC UNC MEMORIES UNC UNC UNC UNC

what's the matter, jonas brothers x after the burial too much for babby's first pweb? sad.png((((

First off, fuck you :)

UNC UNC UNC UNC BELIEVE IN UNC UNC MEMORIES UNC UNC UNC UNC

Bulbous one's worse.

B-B-B-B-BBBB-B-B-BESEIGED BUH BUH BYYYY F-F-F-FALLING DREAMSSSSSS

I find myself listening to the new After the Burial EP again.

Whyyyyyyy?

(edited)

I'm not gonna say anything, other than that Accept sound a lot like AC/DC and I don't like AC/DC. If you want recomendations, feel free to ask me.

Anyways, gonna post some more Unleashed.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee