Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

(edited)

I just looked this band up and I have to say I'm really liking them. However... is this in Japanese or something?

Yup they are Japanese, and IMO the greatest Japanese band in existance. Bro, Uroboros is one hell of an album that I love to bits.

Edited by Moog the Kitteh
  • Brohoof 1

I actually kind of like the song Frantic, but St. Anger is not a good album overall. I don't care for Load, Reload, or St. Anger. I like all the other Metallica albums.

It's the only song I tolerate despite some ridiculous lyrics.. ('My lifestlye determines my deathstyle' 'Frantic tic tic tic tock' really James?) I'm just glad they redeemed themselves with "Death Magnetic"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yup they are Japanese, and IMO the greatest Japanese band in existance. Bro, Uroboros is one hell of an album that I love to bits.

That's pretty cool. To be honest I had kind of given up hope on Japan ever producing something other than vocaloid and J-pop. Nice to see there is good music coming from our friends in the far east.

Have some more Sabaton because they're awesome:

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

(edited)

@,

I used to really like them for some reason, so much cheese over so many years got to me. I still love power metal, but I tend to stay away from Hammerfall.

It's alright, but my main niche is going after folk metal bands. It's like the genre has an instant switch to get my head bobbing, and get my feet tapping

Yeah, I'm a bit of a sucker for the cheesy aspect of '80s-style metal myself, which is why I'm such a huge fan of Overkill and similar "campy" metal bands. I do like bands that focus on more "serious" stuff too, but in the end I pretty much look at all metal through the same lense as long as it has excellent musicianship and is clearly mixed. And doesn't overdo the cookie monster growls. Ha.

As for Equilibrium, I was into them for a while but lost interest due to the elevated ratio of growled vocals to clean vox. They're still pretty tight, though. My favorite song was Der Sturm:

Now that folksy metal's been brought up, guess I'll throw some Blackguard into the ring:

Edited by Lowline

Now that folksy metal's been brought up, guess I'll throw some Blackguard into the ring

When I first heard Blackguard, I pegged them as a harsher version of Alestorm. As far as folk metal goes, I tend to go for cleaner vocals. Some bands just know how to make good folk infused metal.

• Brohoof 1

With a big list of metalbands I had to check out, I decided to listen to Periphery. So far, I freaking love them :3

Periphery 2: This time it's personal is one great album

• Brohoof 1

Hey guys, how about some jazzy death metal. If you like Between the Buried and Me, then you might want to check out

But yea, this shit is good.

With a big list of metalbands I had to check out, I decided to listen to Periphery. So far, I freaking love them :3

Yeahhhhhhhh!!! I love Have a Blast!!! It's my absolute favorite Periphery song.

Luck as a Constant is really fucking awesome too!!!

(edited)

Hey guys, how about some jazzy death metal. If you like Between the Buried and Me, then you might want to check out

Cynic is fucking awesome. I don't listen to them too often, but sometimes I'll be in a mood to listen to Cynic and only Cynic.

The Contortionist is developing a fairly similar style, at least on their most recent album.

These guys need more love.

That it is :3 I recommend their debut, for more interesting song structure and technicality. II's got much better vocals and drumming for sure, though.

Edited by Twiliscael

I love how all three of Mercenary's vocalists have had one album where they're doing vocals solo. And that Mikkel has gotten both baritones in duo with him, but not with each other. Vocalist triangle or something.

Think the band does so much better with vocalist duo's than when they're going solo.

Well then I might as well leave some stuff here, Dawn has brought up these guys with me about a 100x by now, and yeah it's about time that I listen to their full album, though I don't feel like any full albums right now

Also leaving some Woods of Desolation

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I went to the record store today after school, picked up some sludgey stuff. Sadly, they didn't have any Converge or Opeth. But at least I got Black Masses by Electric Wizard and Crack the Skye by Mastodon. biggrin.pngtumblr_mnmuyiPohu1ro0r9eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnmuyiPohu1ro0r9eo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnmuyiPohu1ro0r9eo3_1280.jpg

I would show you guys the inside of Black Masses but it's a bit NSFW. Lucky for me my mom doesn't go through my CD collection blush.png

BTW, do you guys have any CDs that you wouldn't want your mom to see?

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

I went to the record store today after school, picked up some sludgey stuff. Sadly, they didn't have any Converge or Opeth. But at least I got Black Masses by Electric Wizard and Crack the Sky Mastodon. biggrin.png

Oh by the way dude, you could always buy CDs on Amazon if you can't find something at a store. I was looking at a bunch of CDs on there, and a lot of them are actually cheaper on Amazon. 

Oh by the way dude, you could always buy CDs on Amazon if you can't find something at a store. I was looking at a bunch of CDs on there, and a lot of them are actually cheaper on Amazon. 

Yea I know that. I've bought CDs off Amazon before. Except my brother oredered them for me and I'm too young to have a credit or debit card. But yea, I thought anyone to see my Electric Wizard CD, It's got a naked lady on the CD. Lucky for me it has a cardboard case with a candle on it, the actually CD case has a drawing of a topless lady in pink. Woooo boy...  

Yea I know that. I've bought CDs off Amazon before. Except my brother oredered them for me and I'm too young to have a credit or debit card. But yea, I thought anyone to see my Electric Wizard CD, It's got a naked lady on the CD. Lucky for me it has a cardboard case with a candle on it, the actually CD case has a drawing of a topless lady in pink. Woooo boy...  

I have like at least 50 CDs that I wanna buy cause I really want a CD collection lol. I don't think any of them have NSFW stuff on them, I hope not lol. That would be really awkward xD

(edited)

I have like at least 50 CDs that I wanna buy cause I really want a CD collection lol. I don't think any of them have NSFW stuff on them, I hope not lol. That would be really awkward xD

50? Fuck man I only have six -.- Three I ordered from Amazon, the two I just bought and an old DSOTM CD I had laying around that was rarely ever played. It would be VERY awkward if my mom saw that CD ._. But hey, I jumped for joy when I saw at the record store biggrin.png

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

50? Fuck man I only have six -.- Three I ordered from Amazon, the two I just bought and an old DSOTM CD I had laying around that was rarely ever played. It would be VERY awkward if my mom saw that CD ._. But hey, I jumped for joy when I saw at the record store img-1512445-1-biggrin.png

No I don't have 50 CDs, I said that there are 50 CDs that I want to buy. I don't have the money for them though :/

I have like maybe 12 CDs, but a lot of albums that I bought on iTunes.

No I don't have 50 CDs, I said that there are 50 CDs that I want to buy. I don't have the money for them though :/

I have like maybe 12 CDs, but a lot of albums that I bought on iTunes.

Oh... I have six CDs and like 25GB of music on my computer. I torrent a lot of stuff lol. I've bought three albums and an EP from iTunes. I saved up a bit too much money and didn't know what to blow it on *shrug*.

BTW, do you guys have any CDs that you wouldn't want your mom to see?

My mom wouldn't give a shit, she already had looked through Book Burner while I was playing it in the car, and she didn't give a shit about all of the crap that was in it.

Speaking of that album, might as well leave one of my favorite songs from that album

My mom wouldn't give a shit, she already had looked through Book Burner while I was playing it in the car, and she didn't give a shit about all of the crap that was in it.

What I meant was, if the CD has like two people fucking each other on the cover or something like that.

Anyways, I'm gonna leave some Mastodon.

What I meant was, if the CD has like two people fucking each other on the cover or something like that.

Book Burner doesn't have anything explicit on it, though the booklet has some stuff that might offend a few people in it. The cover for it is completely clean, and to be honest I wouldn't really even care what she would say about NSFW album covers. But whatever, enough of that talk, let's get some Woods of Desolation in here.

Book Burner doesn't have anything explicit on it, though the booklet has some stuff that might offend a few people in it. The cover for it is completely clean, and to be honest I wouldn't really even care what she would say about NSFW album covers. 

Oh, well good for you then.

I'm going to post another song by Mastodon.

And some Between the Buried and Me because I'm feeling kinda proggy at the moment.

(edited)

Cynic is fucking awesome. I don't listen to them too often, but sometimes I'll be in a mood to listen to Cynic and only Cynic.

The Contortionist is developing a fairly similar style, at least on their most recent album.

I'm really liking both of these song. Anyone know of some other bands that have the similar styles, particularly like The Contortionist one.

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)