Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Yup they are Japanese, and IMO the greatest Japanese band in existance. Bro, Uroboros is one hell of an album that I love to bits.

Your opinion is so wrong I mean there are tons of Japanese bands that are better than that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPVWR3wFsSc

for some reason there are no good uploads of midori on youtube :(

Anyways, I'm gonna leave some Mastodon.

>posting untrve sludge

lmao stop posting anytime :)

DEFEND TRUE SLUDGE 2013

• Brohoof 1

I'm really liking both of these song. Anyone know of some other bands that have the similar styles, particularly like The Contortionist one.

Between The Buried And Me, you'd dig them

Also check out the BTBAM song that Dawn posted above that one might also be one that you'd like as well.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Any Manowar fans here? I've been listening to a lot of them lately... They seem to be pretty into Norse mythology and putting naked women on their album covers.

Here's one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hswBsjy0aoc

And another one: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8XIW_jUa-k

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

BTW, do you guys have any CDs that you wouldn't want your mom to see?

I own a copy of the first pressing of Death Grips' "The Money Store" (by the way Death Grips is like metal only with hip hop instead of guitars) that has S&M, bewbs, and smoke from either a cigarette or a joint in one neat little image. Image search that and listen to "The Money Store" because it is good.

Post-bath core from Misha.

• Brohoof 2

I own a copy of the first pressing of Death Grips' "The Money Store" (by the way Death Grips is like metal only with hip hop instead of guitars) that has S&M, bewbs, and smoke from either a cigarette or a joint in one neat little image. Image search that and listen to "The Money Store" because it is good.

I've heard a couple of Death Grips' song, I liked them. I'm familiar with that album cover.

Black Masses has a naked woman lying down with a skull on the CD, you can see her "private parts". The booklet also has some pictures of naked women being tied up and whipped, kinky stuff. 

Black Masses has a naked woman lying down with a skull on the CD, you can see her "private parts". The booklet also has some pictures of naked women being tied up and whipped, kinky stuff. 

*starts looking for pics of the album and it's booklet*

Anyways gonna leave some Shai Hulud

And I might as well post some Integrity with that

• Brohoof 1

*starts looking for pics of the album and it's booklet*

If you want, I can PM you the pics of it. ;) 

Since we're on the topic of Electric Wizard, I'm gonna post a song by them. It's a bit faster than stuff like Dopethrone, but it's still pretty sludgey and fuzzy. I really like it, I'm glad to have bought it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9AOEUmQLY

CD's? I've only got a few metal ones. Periphery II, The Discovery (somehow I got the European special edition), Deftones self-titled, and Behemoth's Demigod (which was in my father's CD collection, strangely enough).

I'm really liking both of these song. Anyone know of some other bands that have the similar styles, particularly like The Contortionist one.

Yeah, Between the Buried and Me is probably your best bet.

Post-bath core from Misha.

HEY I POSTED THIS ON SKYPE BEFORE.

• Brohoof 1

Could some of the harder punk or psychedelic rock songs such as Alkaline Trio be considered metal? They have the same overdriven guitar and pushing tempo as a lot of metal songs and they kind of remind me of some of the earlier metal bands like Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. Also what do you think defines a song as metal?

Could some of the harder punk or psychedelic rock songs such as Alkaline Trio be considered metal?

It depends on how heavy the song sounds, Alkaline Trio I haven't heard too much from though, I'm pretty sure that they don't count, and that they're just Hardcore Punk, though I doubt that anyone would care if you posted Hardcore music in here.

Any Manowar fans here? I've been listening to a lot of them lately... They seem to be pretty into Norse mythology and putting naked women on their album covers.

I liked their Warriors of the World album. It has no naked women or boobies or anything, but still ultrajacked dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYqXQO6jkpc

Was never the hugest fan of US-style power metal, but I listened to that album quite a bit. I don't really understand why the guy holding the US flag has such big lats in comparison to normal people lats. I mean, they look like he could glide in the air with them.

• Brohoof 2

It depends on how heavy the song sounds, Alkaline Trio I haven't heard too much from though, I'm pretty sure that they don't count, and that they're just Hardcore Punk, though I doubt that anyone would care if you posted Hardcore music in here.

I'm pretty sure you are right about them being hardcore punk, or maybe not even so much hardcore as just heavy instrumentation. Take a listen and decide.

I'll have to take a picture of my CD's later, I've got quite a few rare demos and early stuff.

Speaking of rare demos and early stuff, let's go back in time a ways.

Was anyone here into Seven Days of Samsara?

You guys act like CD's are collector items. They're worthless. Buy vinyl.

If I knew where to buy vinyl and had 50$ to blow off on one vinyl then I would buy it. Though anyways nice CD collection you've got there.

I'm pretty sure you are right about them being hardcore punk, or maybe not even so much hardcore as just heavy instrumentation. Take a listen and decide.

That's far away from even being Hardcore Punk

That's not hardcore punk.  Not even by older definitions.

Hardcore punk has a pretty distinct sound.  Alkaline Trio is more of a mainstream punk.

• Brohoof 1

b0GOzkM.jpg

I didn't know this was a circle jerk now but if you want it to then I'm cool with that ;D

I don't have that much metal vinyl. I have BTBAM - Parallax II (first pressing), Boris - Heavy Rocks Single, Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger (limited edition out of 2000), Doom - Total Doom, and Tool - Undertow. In terms of punk however, I have Descendants - Milo Goes to College, Minor Threat- Out of Step and that 7" with them on the cover, and the wonder years- the upsides

• Brohoof 2

You guys act like CD's are collector items. They're worthless. Buy vinyl.

But as long as we are on the subject, here's my CD collection. Swag.

I would love to start a vinyl collection, if vinyl wasn't so damn expensive. Each LP is forty or more dollars, I don't have that kind of money. I don't have a record player either.

I would love to start a vinyl collection, if vinyl wasn't so damn expensive. Each LP is forty or more dollars, I don't have that kind of money. I don't have a record player either.

Nah I get most of mine for twenty dollars or less. It's only that expensive if you go for the shitty 180 gram rereleases (like what burzum did). Dischord Records has some of the best prices ever for records.

not metal but i don't give a fuck

I think most of the CDs I have are Rush CDs. I wanna get some more of those soon cause I actually don't own most of their studio albums on CD. I decided that I'm gonna buy albums on CD from now on so that I have a physical copy of them.

Interest check, who likes The Air I Breathe?

They've kinda captured my ears this morning after today's shitshow at work.  Full of hate.

• Brohoof 1

Interest check, who likes The Air I Breathe?

Not bad.  I've heard of 'em before, but never bothered to listen.  Gonna check more of their stuff out.

Found out today that the vocalist from Misery Signals has a side project.  It's pretty cool.

Also, I'm goddamn melting in this hot-as-balls weather in my state.  Jesus.

• Brohoof 1

Found out today that the vocalist from Misery Signals has a side project.  It's pretty cool.

I've been posting them for months, I preordered that.  Way to pay attention, guise. :(

I got woke up by my dog so I'm just gonna post Defeater and go back to sleep for a while.

Here's what I've got going.

Really old-school German metalcore that breaks faces. This is one for those of us who are fans of Botch and Coalesce.

• Brohoof 1