Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Another band I wanted to check out is Norman Jean. I absolutely love them so far

I'll listen to some of their albums soon

Listen to Redeemer, in my opinion that's the best album that they've released so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhBZYhgT6jY

From what I've heard they've got new material coming up, definitely gonna get that stuff when it comes out.

(edited)

I've been repping the newest Nails album recently.

This heat is getting to my head. I apologize, not the newest. 

Goooood stuff.

I've been posting them for months, I preordered that.  Way to pay attention, guise. img-1514881-1-sad.png

I checked that out after you mentioned it a couple times sad.png

Here's what I've got going.

Really old-school German metalcore that breaks faces. This is one for those of us who are fans of Botch and Coalesce.

I need more of this.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Listen to Redeemer, in my opinion that's the best album that they've released so far.

Guess I'm just old fashioned.  This one's still my favorite by them.

Jeeze, came out in 2002, aka let's talk about bands that Crispy listened to in sophomore year. 

Anypony wanna recommend me some more good stoner bands?

Stoner/doom/death metal. The perfect soundtrack for the Halloween season (or anytime you're in a spooky mood.)

Phil Anselmo's southern metal/stoner rock project. Love this stuff.

• Brohoof 1

Guess I'm just old fashioned.  This one's still my favorite by them.

Bless The Martyr and Kiss The Child was definitely a classic album, and yeah Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste is one of their best songs.

Bringing some Agalloch in here

20 minutes of pure greatness

Anypony wanna recommend me some more good stoner bands?

Well I think you already downloaded Belzelbong

Bongripper is p good

I assume you already have Bongzilla's shit

I find just flipping around last.fm recommended artists is a great way of finding new bands.

Y'all should check them out. This is easily the best album they've put out to date, and it's just so damn happy.

lel they had that q&a on /mu/ a while ago

I think they're friends with moot

• Brohoof 1

Whoops, non-metal in the thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0sD01Y31KQ

Y'all should check them out.  This is easily the best album they've put out to date, and it's just so damn happy.

I haven't listened to these guys in probably a year. Summer 2012 memories :^)

Apparently these guys are already working on new material <3333

Guys, I have just found the most metal deathcore video of all time. Brace yourselves for intense mindblowing-ness. I have no idea how a cat can be so chill, but sure. I'll take it.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Still can't get over this re-recording. It's like they took the original EP and put it through a "Februus" filter. Uneven Structure is still the best band in the "djent" game.

Also this Palms single is fucking great

Edited by ToBeATree
  • Brohoof 1

Also this Palms single is fucking great

I should probably check that one out sometime, I seriously can not wait for Palms to release their album.

Guys, I have just found the most metal deathcore video of all time. Brace yourselves for intense mindblowing-ness. I have no idea how a cat can be so chill, but sure. I'll take it.

The most heavy metal cat that there is out there. We should make a thread dedicated to metal cats.

(edited)

So Moog told me to download this, so I did. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEIKl0ZZ4h0

I listened to a couple of songs and I did like it, I liked how they sounded a lot like Destruction, a thrash band that I like a lot. In fact these guys sound just like a proggy version on Destruction.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 1

Thought I'd post some Motorhead in this thread, since they're coming to Denmark in december... really considering going to the concert. :3

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Some Maiden for you all..

Fun fact: The backwards message at the beginning of the song is Nicko McBrain uttering the following phrase "What ho said the t'ing with the three 'bonce', do not meddle with things you don't understand...",

And some Slayer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWvqjLxd14M

Speaking of Slayer (and also drummers) Paul Bostaph has rejoined Slayer. Not sure how I should feel...

Edited by woohoo

I'm not sure what to post, so I'll just leave some Coalesce here. I love this band, should check out more Metalcore :V

Functioning on Impatience is pretty darn good

• Brohoof 1

I haven't posted on here in a while, and I'm bored and don't know what to post. Guess I'll post some Slayer.

And some Eyehategod, if only there were a real "God" to hate.

• Brohoof 2

I've never really gotten into metalcore before, but Misery Signals is not bad at all.

Now I'm going to go completely unrelated now, with my first exposure to melodic death. I love Scar Symmetry.

Yep, Symmetric in Design is by far their best, even though people consider their 2008 release to be the best. Anyway, I'm pretty against everything they've done after Chris Alvestam left. And I'm not saying they're bad because they're not Chris, they're just bad because they're bad. Seriously, they don't even do clean harmonies live because Robert just doesn't feel like he wants to sing. Come on. They have two guys on vocals now and they're barely comparing to just one Chris.

Those Chris Alvestam albums are good though.

You might like Solution .45 if you like Scar Symmetry. It's got Chris Alvestam and some guys that were in other bands that Chris was in, like Torchbearer and Miseration.

Listening to the first Dillinger Escape Plan album I've heard of so far. I loved the guest vocals their guy did on "The Mighty Masturbator" in DTP's Deconstruction, so I decided to check it out.

• Brohoof 2

I've never really gotten into metalcore before, but Misery Signals is not bad at all.

If you enjoy Misery Signals then you'd probably like Shai Hulud as well.

Yep, Symmetric in Design is by far their best, even though people consider their 2008 release to be the best. Anyway, I'm pretty against everything they've done after Chris Alvestam left. And I'm not saying they're bad because they're not Chris, they're just bad because they're bad. Seriously, they don't even do clean harmonies live because Robert just doesn't feel like he wants to sing. Come on. They have two guys on vocals now and they're barely comparing to just one Chris.

Really the new Scar Symmetry sucks that badly? I'm really curious to hear how bad they sound without Chris Alvestam on vocals.

Yep, Symmetric in Design is by far their best, even though people consider their 2008 release to be the best.

Yeah I ended up buying Symmetric in Design when it came out, because I heard Chaosweaver somewhere. That's still one of my favorite songs in the genre, and Chris is a great vocalist. I completely forgot to check out what he was doing after he left Scar Symmetry, and yeah, I'll have to look into Solution 45.

(edited)

Listening to the first Dillinger Escape Plan album I've heard of so far. I loved the guest vocals their guy did on "The Mighty Masturbator" in DTP's Deconstruction, so I decided to check it out.

I can't decide whether I like Calculating Infinity, Miss Machine, or One of us is the Killer the most.

I might lean towards Calculating Infinity because I like their older vocalist a little more, though the other two are more diverse instrumentally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv8b6RPbnAc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEDlO-jRNZo

Musical schizophrenia at it's finest smile.png

Edit: Periphery 'Shuggah covers.

Yea so I decided to listen to Super Colider. I thought it was really average. I actually sat through the whole thing, it wasn't anything earbleedingly bad but it was pretty boring.

I hated it.

Edited by Twiliscael