Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

I didn't know it was "Everybody pile on Moog" Day.  *shrug* Oh well.

I don't think enough people got on this three song EP.  It's worth your time if you haven't.

Every day is Everybody pile on Moog Day.

And that EP? I usually listen to it straight before Parallax 2. I usually just use it as a 3-song prequel to the full album, which it kind of is.

Yay for generic Sumerian deathcore.

• Brohoof 1

Do you want any recomendations? img-1521902-2-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

Oh no no no, I am enjoying myself :) I never really wanted to chime in on your guys' posting because you guys are great, just wanted to say thanks for it!

I never expected you would like metal for some reason lol

So what have you heard that you like? (I hope it's stuff I like too lol tongue.png)

I didn't quite expect it either... heeh. And I can't quite name you specific things because I'm not too familiar with the genre... I just like some/a lot of the things posted here :)

So basically you're telling Moog to go fuck himself? Atta boy, I like this guy already!

*ahem* That is ma'am to you.

Oh gosh this thread has already made me assertive sad.png laugh.png jk

I know right, especially that fantasy stuff, it's so overdone. I still love it though, some of it anyways.

Power metal is to cheesy. I don't want any cheese in my metal, it's also why dislike glam metal (I fucking hate Bon Jovi and Def Leppard).

Gonna post some Carcassimg-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZgKASLpbfw

(edited)

I'll start brohoofing more to let you all know you're appreciated.

But as a side note, Twiliscael, most of your stuff I have enjoyed! img-1521892-2-wink.png

Okay then another member to add to the list that I call "Twiliscael's Crew of Moog's 7 Terrors in Music" Filled with lots of Muse, Periphery, and absolutely no Converge, Radiohead, or any Black, Doom, and Sludge Metal.

And you know? I listened to Norma Jean today, and I actually enjoyed it. Moog, you win this time you wily bastard.

I don't feel so victorious for some reason

Yup, keep it coming, I've still got my Burzum shield up and my Converge sword ready for battle

Becuase black metal is the genre of trying to prove you have the bigger musical penis than the guy next to you by making your music as obscure and poorly recorded and available as possible

>implying that all Black Metal is poorly recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ih3JVrRPE

Edited by Moog the Kitteh

(edited)

*ahem* That is ma'am to you.

Oh gosh this thread has already made me assertive sad.png laugh.png jk

Damn, that just makes this even better that you're here. Yay for sausage-fests!

Truthfully, I apologize. Won't happen again, I promise ^o^

Tonight is really running me dry with stuff to post, man.

Okay then another member to add to the list that I call "Twiliscael's Crew of Moog's 7 Terrors in Music" Filled with lots of Muse, Periphery, and absolutely no Converge, or any Black, Doom, and Sludge Metal.

tumblr_mdghi2kqXB1qc0lao.jpg

I do like Converge, specifically Jane Doe and No Heroes. I don't think that they're anything super-incredible, but they are very solid of a group.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Oh no no no, I am enjoying myself smile.png I never really wanted to chime in on your guys' posting because you guys are great, just wanted to say thanks for it!

Oh... uhhhmmmmmm okay then :(

No, stop it. Let's be nice to Moog. He obviously has better taste in metalcore than anyone else on here. 

(edited)

(I fucking hate Bon Jovi and Def Leppard).

>:[

And you know? I listened to Norma Jean today, and I actually enjoyed it. Moog, you win this time you wily bastard.

That's because Norma Jean's actually pretty good, especially the earlier stuff.

Posting these guys again, because holy shit.  They've taken up half my weekend.  I had it on when I was playing laser tag.

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 1

>implying that all Black Metal is poorly recorded

IMPLORING WELL RECORDED BLACK METAL IS EVEN WORTH DJENTY'S TIME

It's always funny to see what genre swells in popularity in the metal thread. But for heaven's sake move off of Eyehategod, they're good but they're not the only sludge out there :V

boris is my personal fav

• Brohoof 3

No, stop it. Let's be nice to Moog. He obviously has better taste in metalcore than anyone else on here. 

wut...quite a few people here listen to the same Metalcore that I do, but whatever.

Might as well post some Integrity since they're awesome

And also some old school Converge

Damn that shit's some good

Yeah, so I have officially run out of things to post on this thread, so I'm not sure I'm gonna be posting in here anymore as much. Maybe it's for the best anyway.

Your avatar matches the tone of this post.

Besides, who cares if you've run out of stuff?  There's 349 goddamn pages of music, there's bound to be repeats.

You should only stop posting here if you aren't having fun anymore.

• Brohoof 3

Yeah, so I have officially run out of things to post on this thread, so I'm not sure I'm gonna be posting in here anymore as much. Maybe it's for the best anyway.

What do you mean maybe it's for the best, but we'll be missing you RD buddy.

img-1521942-3-tumblr_mdghi2kqXB1qc0lao.j
I do like Converge, specifically Jane Doe and No Heroes. I don't think that they're anything super-incredible, but they are very solid of a group.

Yeah I know, but really? If it's called Moog's Horrors in Music, then why would there be Converge in it, makes no sense.

boris is my personal fav

I only have just started listening to Boris, I need to listen to one of their albums sometime

• Brohoof 1

I'm in the mood for this song:

No one but me can save myself, but it's too late
Now, I can't think, think why I should even try
Yesterday seems as though it never existed
Death greets me warm, now I will just say goodbye

Power metal is to cheesy. I don't want any cheese in my metal

A lot of bands overdo it so much that you can't take them seriously. Non cheese power exists, you just have to find it, Avantasia is a good example. Then again, if you don't like the general style you won't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_eri_OOtKk

You should only stop posting here if you aren't having fun anymore.

Well it's not exactly fun when everything I like gets insulted every two seconds.

That really get on my nerves if you haven't noticed.

(edited)

I'm in the mood for this song:

I do like me some Metallica.

Y'all should check these guys out if you haven't.  I go through times where William Bonney is on constant rotation.

Well it's not exactly fun when everything I like gets insulted every two seconds.

That really get on my nerves if you haven't noticed.

That's why people do it.  You know that everyone in here makes fun of everyone else.  Did we not all just yell at Moog?

Edited by Crispy
  • Brohoof 1

Well ya know, I'm more of a grunge kind of person. Sorry bud.

It was more of an excuse to post Photograph than anything. *shrug*

Posting more William Bonney because now listening to that song is making me do it.

(edited)

That's why people do it.  You know that everyone in here makes fun of everyone else.  Did we not all just yell at Moog?

The only difference is that I have some fun with it, RD buddy doesn't really at all get any fun out of it.

Speaking of grunge, I'm gonna post something by the Melvins. Sludgey grunge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAl3A2pYFhM

Sludgey sludge sludge metal, #sosludgy brah.

I've decided to listen to my first Boris album, this is gonna be quite the adventure

Edited by Moog the Kitteh

It was more of an excuse to post Photograph than anything. *shrug*

What the fuck is that? Is it a band or is a song? I'm confused now :/

I'm gonna post this so Djenty can calm down. It's a pretty good song.

lol I'm posting Between the Buried and Me, am I cool enough for you guys yet?????

This song is extremely interesting, I like it img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png 

Applebloom likes it too. img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png 

(edited)

Hayes really should do more punky stuff. His voice just fits the style better if you ask me.

Lol all this talk of Boris and the main reason I don't listen to any of it is because I won't let Djenty win.

lol I'm posting Between the Buried and Me, am I cool enough for you guys yet?????

You should listen to Alaska. It's a bit heavier, but I think I like it more than Parallax 2 and Colors.

After this album they got progressively more progressive, which is good in a different way.

Edited by Twiliscael

You should listen to Alaska. It's a bit heavier, but I think I like it more than Parallax 2 and Colors.

Alaska better than Colors??!?! I don't friggin' think so. That was funny though, thanks.

I friggin' love the song "Selkies: The Endless Obsession" though.

• Brohoof 1

Posting more William Bonney because now listening to that song is making me do it.

YESSS screamo take over amirite

still like my favorite screamo band ever.

Lol all this talk of Boris and the main reason I don't listen to any of it is because I won't let Djenty win.

it's like you don't like GOAT tier japanese metal :V

I'm gonna post this so Djenty can calm down. It's a pretty good song.

How am I angry like seriously I'm one of the least serious people in this thread

I've decided to listen to my first Boris album, this is gonna be quite the adventure

I don't know if that's a good starting point, I'd recommend Akuma No Uta :V

post-2597-0-61679500-1370227435_thumb.png

no gtfo sekrit metulz klub patricians only ;DDDD

Yes you are cool enough bro

You wont let Djenty win, but yet you listened to older Norma Jean, wow, I now feel so special.

Alaska better than Colors??!?! I don't friggin' think so. That was funny though, thanks.

I've only listened to Colors and Paralax II, so yeah, I wont say anything about Alaska

• Brohoof 1