Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

lol I'm posting Between the Buried and Me, am I cool enough for you guys yet?????

If you like this song, I'll officially declare you cool. 

Is it just me or is Between the Buried and Me like the only band that everyone on here likes?

Alaska better than Colors??!?! I don't friggin' think so. That was funny though, thanks.

Wow that was kind of smart ass-y of me. I feel like a dick now :/

Yes you are cool enough bro

i d0nt beli3ve u i th1nk u r ly1ng to m3

I've only listened to Colors and Paralax II, so yeah, I wont say anything about Alaska

Those are the two that I own. I listened to at least half of Alaska I think. It was a bit too heavy, I like Colors way more.

Supa-heavy.

How am I angry like seriously I'm one of the least serious people in this thread

2202ca75470304ff347209073b44cb2c.png

I can't imagine actually taking this thread seriously.  We all have different tastes and we all like to dig each other a little bit.  That's the whole reason this thread is actually good.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Becuase black metal is the genre of trying to prove you have the bigger musical penis than the guy next to you by making your music as obscure and poorly recorded and available as possible.

Hnnng I fucking love Periphery. Djent on, you djentlemen you.

some rap djent

this has Spencer's glorious vocals with Haunted Shores glorious instrumentation, making it one of their best tracks imo. 

Edited by Nixter
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wow that was kind of smart ass-y of me. I feel like a dick now :/

Embrace it. Slowly transcend to tsundere metal dicks with the rest of us img-1522094-1-biggrin.png

Those are the two that I own. I listened to at least half of Alaska I think. It was a bit too heavy, I like Colors way more.

img-1522094-2-its-something.jpg

Repost because I'm out of music for the night, and this is actually one of the better bands and songs I've heard in a while.

YOU'RE NOTHING BUT AN ANIMAL 

this has Spencer's glorious vocals with Haunted Shores glorious instrumentation, making it one of their best tracks imo. 

You realize Periphery released that as a single with better quality recording and vocals, correct?

Edited by Twiliscael

I like Periphery too. I like their Periphery II album a lot. I like some of the songs from Periphery I too.

some rap djent

Linkin Park meets Periphery???

That's what it sounded like to me. *shrug*

(edited)
I can't imagine actually taking this thread seriously.  We all have different tastes and we all like to dig each other a little bit.  That's the whole reason this thread is actually good.

Hey Crispy, you wanna blaze some Mary with me sometime soon? Just don't ask where it came from.

This is probably one the most epic band names I've ever heard.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 1

You realize Periphery released that as a single with better quality recording and vocals, correct?

yeah I have all of Periphery's stuff including their demos, but I just thought I'd show Haunted Shores' version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like Periphery too. I like their Periphery II album a lot. I like some of the songs from Periphery I too.

Linkin Park meets Periphery???

That's what it sounded like to me. *shrug*

Periphery II is their best album, I liked their EP too, brought some electronics to the table which is always nice.

speaking of which, Celldweller happens to have a ton of industrial/metalstep/dnB/MnB songs 

and his stuff is always remixed, which is cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZB8d0OVYn4

example of such a remix

(edited)

yeah I have all of Periphery's stuff including their demos, but I just thought I'd show Haunted Shores' version ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EVEN THEIR 2005 DEMO THAT GOT REJECTED BY 5 3 DIFFERENT LABELS?

Back when Misha drummed :^)

Periphery II is their best album, I liked their EP too, brought some electronics to the table which is always nice.

Ehhh,Periphery I was more Bulby whose songs are generally more technical and better structured better than just intor verse chorus verse chorus verse solo/bridge chorus outro *cough cough Scarlet*

Thanks for showing me Hackitivist though, these guys seem pretty sweet so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7bKk5GXKy0

Edited by Twiliscael

(edited)
sum1 plz teach me how to doom/gothic metal i need mor help

I don't know shit about gothic metal, but I have a little bit of expericance in doom metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glAHWu2W0BA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U3aqeId3I8

I just noticed that I've been posting nothing but stoner stuff. lol.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee

sum1 plz teach me how to doom/gothic metal i need mor help

This is the best Doom Metal song that I've heard, Natasha by Pig Destroyer, definitely worth checking out. It's Doom Metal, Dark Ambient and Drone clustered into one 36 minute song, it's so damn great.

• Brohoof 1

rap metal stuff for those wanting to get into hip-hop

love Cypress Hill so much, even if they aren't primarily rap metal, most of their stuff is hardcore hip-hop but they have tons of metal if you dig around

DJENTY YOU FUCKING MANIAC! Please tell me you actually dig Revenge, they are my number one black metal band of all time! Got 3 of their LPs, they are so harsh!

I only just listened to Scum, but I liked it :V I'm going to listen to more later.

post-2597-0-74133000-1370258843_thumb.jpg

Me and Stefan love black metal o3o

funny enough, this album got an 8 from pitchfork lql

I'll admit, Grindcore's pretty dam good. At least most of it :/

Leaving some Pig Destroyer ad Assück here

Beware: Extremely long album incoming

I just laughed forever.

tumblr_mnszwopLyt1r30n32o1_500.png

Anywho, let's have some old Milwaukee shit.

Seeing those guys play was a pretty rad time.

Also, some of this since no one ever seems to bring them up.

• Brohoof 2

Ehhh,Periphery I was more Bulby whose songs are generally more technical and better structured better than just intor verse chorus verse chorus verse solo/bridge chorus outro *cough cough Scarlet*

Not sure how Periphery I is automatically better just because the songs are more "technical" and have "better" structure whatever that even means. I think the songs in Periphery II are much better, they just sound better. But what the fuck do I know, right?

Not sure how Periphery I is automatically better just because the songs are more "technical" and have "better" structure whatever that even means. I think the songs in Periphery II are much better, they just sound better. But what the fuck do I know, right?

In my subjective opinion, of course :l

I finally got around to listening through Ire Works by DEP. It might be their weakest album upon first listen, but we'll see how it holds up. Still pretty damn good, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzgeTxaeFj4

Opener has a guest appearance by their original vocalist :D

(edited)

Does anyone know where I can find the Hypersleep Dialogues EP by Between the Buried and Me? I can't find it on Youtube or Spotify, and I wanna listen to it to see if I wanna buy the CD.

Wait, I found the first song. Maybe I can find the others.

Okay I lied, I was able to find the songs on YouTube lol

It sounds just like Parallax II, which isn't that surprising. It's pretty good, I enjoyed it.

Edited by Champion RD92

Leaving some Pig Destroyer

Bro I love you, Prowler In The Yard is my favorite Grindcore album, and now I shall leave some more Grindcore here, because Grindcore is sum gewd shit yo

• Brohoof 1

love this band, sure they're more on the pop-punky side of things but they're pretty damn good give 'em a try you won't regret it the female vocals are amazing

love this band, sure they're more on the pop-punky side of things but they're pretty damn good give 'em a try you won't regret it the female vocals are amazing

Never heard of them before but they sound pretty cool. The vocals kind of remind me of Paramore.

Here's a random song cause I need to post something:

Never heard of them before but they sound pretty cool. The vocals kind of remind me of Paramore.

Here's a random song cause I need to post something:

The reason why I said pop-punky hahaha, I see them as a harder hitting Paramore, there is also a few screams here and there but not that much.

I haven't seen any Symphonic posted in awhile, so here we go. Probably my favorite band in the genre, and they tend to be more on the classical side of things.