mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

HEY YOU FUCKS I'M BACK.

How was every little thing when I was gone?  Did I miss anything?

Don't mind me, I'm just enjoying my speakers and not having to walk across town to use the internet.

GREETINGS FROM PONTUS. WELCOME BACK.

And yeah, I guess it was pretty dead this week, with like, 2 posts or so a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzOb__Q14E4

Anyway, listening to this since RD reminded me of the album.

Also just found about Michael Amott's (Carcass and Arch Enemy) newest signature guitar, Splatter!

usamastyrantsplt.jpg

I have no idea how people get enough money to spend that much money on single guitars, but that looks really nice. Would've looked better with covered pickups though, and the splatter graphics on top of the newly covered pickups. It's also only 24.9" in scale length, and <24 frets, so ironically, you can't use it play the stuff that Michael Amott does sometimes.

BUT IT'S LOOKS PRETTY AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Well, I listened to Butcher Babies' newest album (actually to be released on the 9th). It was alright. The dual female vocalists was pretty unique, and is probably their main point of interest because the rest of the band seems pretty typical. Lyrics are just about what you'd expect from some angsty metal girls.

NOW ONTO THE SECRET.

Nice recommendation from Moog with The Secret. I'm loving this album. Everything from Southern Lord is great in one way or another.

I know man, Solve et Coagula is probably one of my favorite Metalcore albums, it's quite interesting with the little hint of BM influences.

NOW ONTO THE SECRET.

You wont regret it, trust me

• Brohoof 1

Any person who has me on last.fm would be astounded by the amount of Crisix I've been listening to.

I love those guys...

HEY YOU FUCKS I'M BACK.

HOLY MOTHER FUCK HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

Also just found about Michael Amott's (Carcass and Arch Enemy) newest signature guitar, Splatter!

img-1630540-1-usamastyrantsplt.jpg

I have no idea how people get enough money to spend that much money on single guitars, but that looks really nice. Would've looked better with covered pickups though, and the splatter graphics on top of the newly covered pickups. It's also only 24.9" in scale length, and <24 frets, so ironically, you can't use it play the stuff that Michael Amott does sometimes.

BUT IT'S LOOKS PRETTY AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Speaking of Amott, did you (or any of you guys rather) hear the preview stuff from Chris' new band, Ghost Ship Octavius? 

HOLY MOTHER FUCK HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING

Fantastic!  Ten days of no work and Northwoods was exactly what I needed.  Not so stoked on resetting my sleep schedule today for third shift tomorrow, but eh, price you pay.

Have some Young and In The Way, off their split with Torch Runner.

It's pretty good so far.  I'm seeming to like the lower quality recordings tonight.

• Brohoof 2

Also just found about Michael Amott's (Carcass and Arch Enemy) newest signature guitar, Splatter! I have no idea how people get enough money to spend that much money on single guitars, but that looks really nice. Would've looked better with covered pickups though, and the splatter graphics on top of the newly covered pickups. It's also only 24.9" in scale length, and <24 frets, so ironically, you can't use it play the stuff that Michael Amott does sometimes.   BUT IT'S LOOKS PRETTY AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.

Dosent he play In B standard? 
Godamn why not just get a seven string if your gonna play that low. Even with some decently thick strings that would still be floppy. Maybe he just keeps a high action. Well Its a dean so I wouldn't expect a baritone out of them anyways.

Nonetheless
Todays selection conists of 

and

Dosent he play In B standard? 

Godamn why not just get a seven string if your gonna play that low. Even with some decently thick strings that would still be floppy. Maybe he just keeps a high action. Well Its a dean so I wouldn't expect a baritone out of them anyways.

Nonetheless

Todays selection conists of 

He used to, yes. In Carcass, and John Liiva-era Arch Enemy, his tuning was B standard. Since 2003 however, he's been on C standard. Even then, Michael Amott typically uses 26.5" scales since he has gigantic elephant hands, and since C standard's kinda low. I don't think he even plays that guitar, since 24.9" seems pretty tiny for him.

Also, End of Disclosure was a pretty good album. Synths are so much more prominent, like on "When Death Calls".

MISERY SIGNALS PREVIEW SONG IS OUT GUYS GET ON IT

The production sounds stellar, and I feel some callbacks to Malice and The Magnum Heart in some of those progressions.

• Brohoof 1

I just put on the first Liturgy album, "Renihilation," and it's much more raw compared to its successor, "Aesthethica," one of my favorite black metal albums of all time.

The album art is shit, but the music is something else.

MISERY SIGNALS PREVIEW SONG IS OUT GUYS GET ON IT

The production sounds stellar, and I feel some callbacks to Malice and The Magnum Heart in some of those progressions.

Schubach's vocals sound fucking awesome. The song itself seemed to lean more towards their debut album's sound, but that just makes me more excited. 

FUCK I NEED TO LISTEN TO THE NEW AMON AMARTH ALBUM I MISSED, SEEYA.

• Brohoof 1

God damn, has this album grown on me. I went from finding it OK to liking it to having it in my top ten albums of the year. This is my black metal album of 2013, and it's an experience that even outsiders to the genre can enjoy.

(also fuck you @ I actually like this I'm not just forcing it)

• Brohoof 2

God damn, has this album grown on me.

Deafheaven has a way of doing that to people.

Me, I'm still fangirling like crazy over the new Misery Signals song.  Better speakers have revealed orchestral parts.

So posting again for this page.

(edited)

Deafheaven has a way of doing that to people.

If by "people" you mean anyone who isn't Djenty lql

My list of favorite releases for 2013 is on RateYourMusic and Pastebin. The Pastebin version includes two short lists of EPs and single/splits, and the RYM version goes into my thoughts on the records in the albums list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erDNRUaysCs

Also I'm repping "The Migration." Check this out if you haven't.

Edited by ToBeATree

"War" metal done right, doesn't just sound like another Blasphemy clone. Bestial and ferocious, just the way I like it.

tfw conquerer + revenge pleb

oh god don't look at me ;_;

If by "people" you mean anyone who isn't Djenty lql

topkek

post-2597-0-97875400-1373334244_thumb.png

tfw I'm losing interest in most metal beyond grindcore, black metal, and doom/doom deriviatives

guys

what do I do

guys

;_;

topkek

attachicon.giftfw metal doesn't interest me that much.png

tfw I'm losing interest in most metal beyond grindcore, black metal, and doom/doom deriviatives

guys

what do I do

guys

;_;

Just means you need a rest from it.  I went through a long period of non-metal stuff a while back.

Take the break, listen to whatever and one day, you'll randomly grab something and the freshness comes back, like "Why'd I stop listening to this?"

So do you guys like base how superior your music tastes are by how underground what you listen to is? you guys act like you have to listen to the most underground music ever that hardly anyone knows so you can feel superior to everyone lol

So do you guys like base how superior your music tastes are by how underground what you listen to is? you guys act like you have to listen to the most underground music ever that hardly anyone knows so you can feel superior to everyone lol

It's not a superiority complex, it's the fact that so much popular music is so mediocre. The underground bands are where all the really good stuff comes out. There's a superior equivalent in the underground to every mediocre major label act.

(edited)

It's not a superiority complex, it's the fact that so much popular music is so mediocre. The underground bands are where all the really good stuff comes out. There's a superior equivalent in the underground to every mediocre major label act.

Yeah but you guys act like anyone who listens to bands that are popular at all have inferior music taste.

Plus, there's probably a lot of people who think a lot of popular bands are better than a lot of unpopular bands.

Plus everyone has different opinions on what's mediocre.

Edited by Champion RD92

Yeah but you guys act like anyone who listens to bands that are popular at all have inferior music taste.

I act like anyone listens to bands that are BAD have inferior music taste. The problem is, so many of them happen to be popular. I only take issue with people that listen to popular bands in any genre (good or otherwise) and claim to know everything about it.

Plus, there's probably a lot of people who think a lot of popular bands are better than a lot of unpopular bands.

Because they're conceited.

Plus everyone has different opinions on what's mediocre.

I'd say there's a general consensus on that issue.

• Brohoof 1

I act like anyone listens to bands that are BAD have inferior music taste. 

And who decides what's "bad" or not? You? Who made you the supreme ruler of music?

Because they're conceited.

So they are conceited for having an opinion that's different from yours? Seems legit.

I'd say there's a general consensus on that issue.

I don't think so. Everyone has different opinions on music. Just look at this metal thread here. We all disagree about a lot of bands that we personally like.

So they are conceited for having an opinion that's different from yours? Seems legit.

They're conceited for thinking popularity equals talent.

I direct you to this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG_lP6RZ2Mg

Anyway, did I mention I listened to Morbid Angel for the first time recently?

Pretty solid early death metal.

• Brohoof 1

They're conceited for thinking popularity equals talent.

*ultra facepalm*

Just because someone likes a band that's popular doesn't mean they think popularity equals talent. You're just assuming shit that isn't usually true.

I like a lot of popular bands and I don't think they're talented because they're popular, I think they're talented because they're talented in my opinion.

I don't give a rat's furry ass how popular something is, if I like it and I think the band has at least a decent amount of talent, I'll listen to it.