Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Wow, I'm glad this thread is still going strong with a massive 8000+ posts!  Long live metal.  I've been gone for a while.  I discovered quite a few nice bands, as well as some not so nice ones.  I mainly delved deep into the death metal sub-genre.  Here's some Ouroboros, with their Glorification of a Myth, a good album (at least in my opinion).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynO1sGBCQs

Edited by SoleSivea

Have some AoT.

This guy does all sorts of covers, and did a MLP cover a while back.  He's pretty sick.

Dis guy man, dis guy he is awesome now

Anyways listening to some Boris right now, so I'll just post some stuff by them, still one of my favorite bands.

And I shall anounce my return to this thread with some death metal. Damn, these guys are good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGTwWvcduUM

I thought this was a metal thread, not a Post-hardcore thread. Anyway, you can certainly call yourself a fan of hardcore without liking that as actual hardcore sounds nothing like that. 

We've had whole pages on this thread dedicated to non metal stuff. We've posted plenty of screamo stuff on here as well. I don't see why you have such a problem with it.

We've had whole pages on this thread dedicated to non metal stuff. We've posted plenty of screamo stuff on here as well. I don't see why you have such a problem with it.

Dude, that argument was done and over with ages ago, y u gotta bring it up again

Anyways since you've mentioned Screamo, might as well leave some of that stuff

• Brohoof 1

I listen to metal all the time, including when I wake up in the morning. And one does not simply listen to metal quietly. I have actually moshed with my roommate when a good song came on, just me and him, nearly put a hole in the wall once. img-1923485-2-laugh.png

Yeah, metal just cannot be listened to at a low volume. The way I see it, metal has two volumes: Loud and LOUDER!!!

Metal is best stimulant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNnaRHqtrDQ

Edited by woohoo
  • Brohoof 3

Some "proto-metal" for you.
Overplayed as this song may be, it's still one of my all-time favourite Zeppelin songs, as well as one of my favourite songs, period. Also, that solo is unbelievably delicious.
The audio is actually not from the same event as the concert footage, still, don't let that bother you.

Also, nothing like little 90's Sludge:

Edited by Bron-Yr-Aur
  • Brohoof 2

Hello fillies and gentlecolts. I present to you my current musical cocain.

I feel like I've stumbled into the right corner of the forum here. img-1923170-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png m/

Aww yea, I remember stumbling across Pome, I was all like "Wat.", really liked it and I just couldn't find the words for it. I talked to the guitarist online and the tips he basically gave in making songs like Maxims was basically to go insane on the guitar, play really random things and writing down the things you liked.

I don't like TesseracT though..

Anyway, I've finally managed to link my sound system to my pc and damn, the desk just can't stop shaking when I'm blasting music through it.

I've stumbled across  these two beauties right here,

First off is Jeff Loomis with his album Zero Order Phase, I really liked Jato Unit

Second one is Nile, I can't believe I haven't listened to this band earlier, I love their sound

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0L_8exIrAY

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 1

Aww yea, I remember stumbling across Pome, I was all like "Wat.", really liked it and I just couldn't find the words for it. I talked to the guitarist online and the tips he basically gave in making songs like Maxims was basically to go insane on the guitar, play really random things and writing down the things you liked.

I don't like TesseracT though..

Anyway, I've finally managed to link my sound system to my pc and damn, the desk just can't stop shaking when I'm blasting music through it.

I've stumbled across  these two beauties right here,

First off is Jeff Loomis with his album Zero Order Phase, I really liked Jato Unit

Second one is Nile, I can't believe I haven't listened to this band earlier, I love their sound

Ok, so. Jeff Loomis is freaking amazing. Even the album art is awesome, it reminds me of some sort of sci-fi gateway.

As for Nile. first I was likesmile.png  Then I was like angry.png m/

Yeah, metal just cannot be listened to at a low volume. The way I see it, metal has two volumes: Loud and LOUDER!!!

I find it hard to listen to anything late at night at a loud volume, for some reason I always get a headache whenever I do that, probably the only person who finds it to be like that.

Was on a big Chariot binge last night so I'll just leave a song of theirs here

I find it hard to listen to anything late at night at a loud volume, for some reason I always get a headache whenever I do that, probably the only person who finds it to be like that.

Yeah... maybe I exaggerated a little on my last post. However, I do listen to metal late at night, especially when I go to the gym. I just hate falling asleep early

So this post is like literally Cancer, lol.

Turn your volume waaaaay up, and witness the roots of metal. Also the inspiration for Star Wars music.

Are you like, new here?

However, I do listen to metal late at night, especially when I go to the gym. I just hate falling asleep early

I like to either listen to metal or J-pop before I go to sleep tbh. 

It's been ages since I posted something here. Could somebody please explain me why the hell I can't stop listening to this album?

The Haunted: The Dead Eye. I'm really digging Swedish metal recently...

Also, this:

That guy needs more recognition. This is one of the best, most brutal mlp songs I've ever heard, and it's got only 3600 views?! Come on...

How I missed this, I don't know. I realllllly want more new stuff from these guys.

Furthermore, a friend of mine just showed me something.

I'm probably openly damning myself to hell for this, but I like their new vocalist.

He sure as fuck isn't as bitchy as Lucker.

He's diverse unsure.png

Edited by ~Chaotic Twiliscael~

I'm probably openly damning myself to hell for this, but I like their new vocalist.

He sure as fuck isn't as bitchy as Lucker.

dafuq bro wut u listenin to shitty scenecore bandz for, liek i totally wouldn't stoop down that low for my musical tastes

....definitely not

Oh come on guys, they changed their tone on Dead Throne, and even before they actually were the better band out of the pack.

It's been ages since I posted something here.

I don't think I recognize you

I like to either listen to metal or J-pop before I go to sleep tbh. 

I have no idea what turned you into a giant J-Pop fan, it's like you randomly started to fall in love with it.

Also, this:

That guy needs more recognition. This is one of the best, most brutal mlp songs I've ever heard, and it's got only 3600 views?! Come on...

This is hilarious, and amazing. It reminds me of Dethklok, which, if you haven't heard of, you should check them out for sure.

Also, anyone who knows the game Legend of Zelda, Ocarina of Time will appreciate this one.

I have no idea what turned you into a giant J-Pop fan, it's like you randomly started to fall in love with it.

I remember I used to really hate it when I was younger, but recently it just grew onto me to the point where it's addicting. J-pop is like the crack of music.

So anyways, here's some proggy death metal.

I remember I used to really hate it when I was younger, but recently it just grew onto me to the point where it's addicting.

I'm still awaiting the moment when I become addicted to it, still do love vocaloids though.

I really dig these guys, they're now one of my favorite bands, epic album beyond belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnaNwxqcJzk

Should probably listen to a Fleshgod Apocalypse album next

I really dig these guys, they're now one of my favorite bands, epic album beyond belief.

DIDN'T I TELL YOU THEY WERE GOOD?

Should probably listen to a Fleshgod Apocalypse album next

I wouldn't bother with Fleshgod's album Oracles if you liked Septic Flesh. Oracles has absolutely zero of the symphonic and orchestral stuff which make them so epic. Without it, they're just another tech-death group, really.

Which is why it's awesome that they do do the symphonic stuff.

DIDN'T I TELL YOU THEY WERE GOOD?

YES YOU DID, and I thought that we only had similar tastes in Hardcore music.

I wouldn't bother with Fleshgod's album Oracles if you liked Septic Flesh. Oracles has absolutely zero of the symphonic and orchestral stuff which make them so epic. Without it, they're just another tech-death group, really.

Which is why it's awesome that they do do the symphonic stuff.

Thank you for the word of advice, I'll probably go check out Labyrinth sometime, don't feel like it right now though.