Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Being that it's in poor taste and that I've care not for Black Metal, I know the perfect Lich King song to listen to.

Go back to the kiddie pool pleb, u dunt belong here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DDRIfd0QYs

I'm sure Djenty would have appreciated the joke.

I'm still here tho

RIP Djenty :,( 

I thought we all stopped jerking off on Djenty's grave a long while ago

Go back to the kiddie pool pleb, u dunt belong here

You're words wound me like the lashes of a thousand suns, burning a mark that could never be forgotten. How could I ever recover from something so traumatizing. 

Edited by NeverNeverland

I plan upon listening to at least one new black metal album every single day this month. Unfortunately, I didn't really have time today to find something new, so I decided upon the one and only Sunbather.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna be here a while.

This album continues my black metal November. Specifically, this is a one man atmospheric BM project from the land down under, Australia.

This band isn't all that well known among people I've talked to, anyone heard of them?

Yesh, I liekz their Self-Titled quite a bit. Post-punk with industrial influences, it's pretty gnarly stuff.

It's not like we always post metal on here anyways.

SWANS INCOMING

• Brohoof 2

I've been giving While She Sleeps some of my attention lately.

Nothing groundbreaking, but it's a solid outing.  Decent instrumentals, good tone.

Oh you're the Prog Rock dude, got any opinions on any of the Prog Metal bands that are out there?

DEERRRR FLEEX UR MUSCELS GRRRRAAAAAGHGHGHGHGHG oh wait wrong song

Tool, that is all.

My opinion of your musical taste is pretty high right now. I've found a good selection of new things to listen to today.

I freaking love this thread.

When I was in my teens, I LOVED Metallica. In particular, Unforgiven was probably my favorite song by these guys.  But the Black Album was just awesome! I still love their music but I haven't listened to them in a while. I'm gonna have to get this CD!

Also, Whiskey in the Jar is a very close second

Rock on, my friends! 

Edited by ThatOneBrony

My opinion of your musical taste is pretty high right now. I've found a good selection of new things to listen to today.

How could I forget about prog metal... .-.

YOU GUYZ LIEKZ DA PROG

BtBaM's self-titled is their best album IMO. 

When I was in my teens, I LOVED Metallica. In particular, Unforgiven was probably my favorite song by these guys.  But the Black Album was just awesome! I still love their music but I haven't listened to them in a while. I'm gonna have to get this CD!

no goh agüey u thrash pleb, lizen 2 reyl thrash

Oh well, sure I love this! Tool is simply amazing, same thing for opeth. I guess I'll spend more time here then lol.

You'd probably like Mastodon.

• Brohoof 1

BtBaM's self-titled is their best album IMO.

*clap clap clap* The Silent Circus is a close second for me.

@@Moog,

How could I forget about prog metal... .-.

Oh well, sure I love this! img-1977347-1-smile.png Tool is simply amazing, same thing for opeth.

I guess I'll spend more time here then lol.

You need some Proggy Hardcore music while you're here, no one can call themselves a fan of music until they've hard all the parts of Ghostship.

A little more Post-Metal than Proggy, but I feel the need to post ISIS as well since they're another one of the Metal Thread essentials.

• Brohoof 1

*clap clap clap*

Yay.

A little more Post-Metal than Proggy, but I feel the need to post ISIS as well since they're another one of the Metal Thread essentials.

I was listening to Vertikal yesterday, it was pretty gnarly.

I was also listening to Wavering Radiant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn1Is2PWvy4

Oh lookie yay more Isis. 

@@Moog, You got me with Ghostship, it triggered the excitement I have when I listen to prog rock. tongue.png

The more complex it is, the more I enjoy the song. So I might enjoy stuff you'll find weird lol.

Anyway... I'll look about this group, and some opeth, since I heard they were influenced by Camel, and Tool.

Thanks guys! smile.png

Possibly the best thing I've heard so far this month. Lurker of Chalice, another one-man black metal project by Wrest of Leviathan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad90kEXKSG4

Many say that this one album is better than anything else the guy has ever done, including the entire Leviathan catalog.

Also listened to Blut aus Nord's 777 cycle, which blurs the line between black and industrial metal.

WELL, days 2 and 3 of BMN included some Lifelover and now Agalloch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ih3JVrRPE

Keep on throwing me recs, yo.

Yeah, how could you. Idiocy aside, try out some of Jeff Loomis' solo works. A little bit on the heavy side but when it hits the mark, it hits the mark.

Jeff Loomis is a fucking beast.

Keep on throwing me recs, yo.

Alright, if you really like Agalloch then Gallowbraid are pretty much like a more BM influenced Agalloch. Also Alcest, Austere, Woods of Desolation, Watain, and When Woods Make Graves are worth trying out.

Gawd I love the track that they released this year

• Brohoof 1

WELL, days 2 and 3 of BMN included some Lifelover and now Agalloch.

These guys are like Lifelover, maybe you should give them a shot. Because it ain't DSBM unless one of the band members dies of OD.

Man I need more BM in my BMN, so far it's been filled with a lot of hardcore and thrash.

Yeah, how could you. Idiocy aside, try out some of Jeff Loomis' solo works. A little bit on the heavy side but when it hits the mark, it hits the mark.

I've been heavily addicted to this artist for the past couple of weeks now. I can't get over how amazing the rifts are. True talent, man, true talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nY-XDF_Ask&list=FLGKKLHxbKon233-u6lBizIA&index=5

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 1